• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How ya feeling, PlayStation fans? Re: last couple weeks of threads.

How ya feeling at the moment?

• Same as ever. Very excited for, and convinced by, PS5.

Votes: 225 66.4%
  • I dunno, all these xBox flamers have got me worried.

Votes: 38 11.2%
  • I'm xBox suckaaaaz

Votes: 42 12.4%
  • Where's RT Bowser at?

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • However, covfefe!

Votes: 32 9.4%

• Total voters

supernova8

Banned
Still have more faith in Playstation to deliver compelling first party and other exclusives as opposed to Xbox. Sure they bought up a load of studios but that doesn't automatically mean great games - they still have to prove they won't fuck it up.

With that said, I'm probably either not getting anything or getting a Series S with Game Pass for a year or so. Then I'll sell the Series S when I'm ready to jump in on PS5 (ie when it has something good to play other than fucking Spiderman).

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'm late to the thread but all I could think of was
f64.jpg

Do you not remember how many cross gen titles there were with ps3>4? It's nothing new~ just because it's cross gen doesn't mean it'll be gimped like halo infinite was~ guerilla are a far better company than 343~

Yeah only games made for xbox is being hold down by cross gen.
5c2.jpg

Let's be honest. Infinite looked like shit, but that is 343i's fault and not because its cross gen.

Last edited:

Tschumi

It's not about the lineup at all. It's mainly because I have had Game Pass Ultimate since last year due that $1 deal but have used it only on PC, so it would be great to make use of it for games that didn't make it over. Also, to be honest I really want to revisit my old games like Crimson Skies, Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon Orta and a ton of other games I bought for the XBox 360 but have not played in years. That to me is more compelling than the launch lineup of either console.
Re: gamepass, i already have all the retro games i want, i don't but a new console just to play old games on a new gamepad~ i rarely get new consoles (to be honest i doubt I'll get a PS5, though i would if my life had time for it) but when i do it's for the new games.. got a ps3 for mgs4, got a wii for metroid prime 3... Got a 360 for fifa... Guess that says a lot.. didn't get anything last gen, except a cheap ps vita, which i loved, which is why i have come to rate sony~ if i got anything next gen it would be PS5 for Kena, gt7, returnal, etc~

Tschumi

I'm late to the thread but all I could think of was
f64.jpg

Yeah only games made for xbox is being hold down by cross gen.
5c2.jpg

Let's be honest. Infinite looked like shit, but that is 343i's fault and not because its cross gen.
.... That's almost a quote of what i said just after your quote... Edit: sorry, it's not, it's almost a quote of what I wrote in my follow up post #81

Last edited by a moderator:

makaveli60

I wouldn't call myself a "fan" as I decide by what the console (or any other product) offers but going first with the PS5 wasn't a question for me after such an amazing PS4 gen. Their exclusives are among (if not) the very best of the industry. However, the "marketing" leading to the PS5 was making me frustrated more and more and the shitshow that was the last event and the news and continuous silence since then made me accept the fact that this new management is utterly incompetent and just wants to get big money without understanding their audience. They are the complete opposite of the original PS4 team who were amazing, down to earth and were communicating with the fans.
The only thing that makes me want to get a PS5 at launch to play my favorite PS4 games in better quality. I only have a launch PS4 so even in Pro mode would be an upgrade for me. But they are still silent on this as well. Yeah I know what Cerny and that shady Jim Ryan said but those are not confirmation on how this will work at launch so don't start it. We also have the web leak regarding that, that doesn't paint an optimal picture. Yet they are still silent... their silence only resulted in bad news so far. So yeah, the only thing is why I still want to buy a PS5 first instead of an XSX is because of my PS4 catalog but I would easily jump boat otherwise if the XSX had good exclusives but they also lack, so whatever.

whitesugar

Banned
i don't see what there is to worry about. sony have a lot of great looking games announced already, and none of them look like a 360 game. they have an amazing suite of first party devs that have proved they can deliver.

xbox fans are obviously excited about Bethesda, and i can understand how frustrating the last decade has been for them what with being curbstomped in both software and hardware sales, and they have let out that frustration with lots of concern trolling. like someone else has said, i think there will be a reality check when the sales start to come in [though MS will try to hide them I'm sure]. hopefully when that happens xbox fanboys will stick around, instead of crawling away into corners not to be heard of agin for 7 years like this gen

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm excited by both consoles and will have them on launch, but PS5 is already racking up games that I really want to play at launch, that's what matters.

It would be nice to see all the OS features soon and clarification on BC.

Zathalus

Not going to answer the poll because come on, but I am frustrated by the lack of news on PS4 backwards compatibility and the seemingly missing ability to transfer your saves across. The leaked PSN notifications about games not being playable due to lack of BC is also worrying. In addition, no information of which NVMe cards can be used for expandable storage is frustrating as well.

Other then that, the upcoming games still look good and I am excited to play them. No regrets on my PS5 pre-order so far, but Sony can certainly be a bit more forthcoming with information.

timmyp53

Not going to answer the poll because come on, but I am frustrated by the lack of news on PS4 backwards compatibility and the seemingly missing ability to transfer your saves across. The leaked PSN notifications about games not being playable due to lack of BC is also worrying. In addition, no information of which NVMe cards can be used for expandable storage is frustrating as well.

Other then that, the upcoming games still look good and I am excited to play them. No regrets on my PS5 pre-order so far, but Sony can certainly be a bit more forthcoming with information.
I thought it was a given PS4 saves work on on PS5 for BC compatibility but not PS5 edition of games.

PS5 seems to be going the same route as PS3 and PS4 for games on their platform. It isn't unified like Xbox where 1 game is the same game across generations.

Can anyone confirm if Control Ultimate edition on Xbox Series X has cross save? Because that's essentially what people appear to be questioning Sony on for Spiderman. Its a 1:1 consistent example that would apply for both consoles.

Ps5 all the way still , ms have alot of studious now but they were/are so far behind on content it's not even funny anymore I fell it will take an entire gen near enough to get those studios to full speed .

Alphagear

Nothing has changed for me.

Playstation has been my Main console since PS1. Alway had Nintendo as my secondary since then.

Not been disappointed. It's the best combo alongwith a PC on the side.

If the reason for the thread is Bethesda then it's Gonna take alot more for me to move to another main console.

Did not grow up on games like Fallout, TES Doom, Wolfenstein. Always considered them as PC games.

As long as I'm getting plenty of Sony IPs and JRPGS I am pretty much content.

nothing changed for me. I'm still excited about PS5 even thou I had yet been able to secure a pre-order. I play PS for their exclusives and most of the games on Xbox I either not that interested in or can get on PC, so it's not a big deal for me. I think Xbox did great getting Zenimax/Bethesda. adding all those titles in their library is great for them. but since I don't really care about Elder Scroll or Fallout, and can get the other FPS games on PC where I can play wit M&K, I'm perfectly fine with what's going on right now.

Spaceman292

Banned
Yeah, there will be an Armageddon when PlayStation Fanboys will find out that future Bethesda games will not be released on Sony's PlayStation ;)
But that's like two games in the whole generation. And they're not guaranteed to be any good. I get that Skyrim was huge, but everything after that has been a little underwhelming.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
But that's like two games in the whole generation. And they're not guaranteed to be any good. I get that Skyrim was huge, but everything after that has been a little underwhelming.

Count that with doom also. That series is huge.

pasterpl

Can't wait for DF's take on Demon's Souls and The Medium.
True next-gen jumps.
:D

it is not fair(for ds) compering a 11 years old game with a completely new IP with new game play mechanics, while ds looks great, at core it is 11 year old game with nice graphics.

Alphagear

Among other reasons, actually yes! Doom: Eternal, Dishonored, Wolfenstein 1+2, The Evil Within 1+2 and Fallout 4 were all great games. Even Fallout 76 improved alot over time. In my opinion there is more reason to be excited about future Bethesda games than not to be excited about future Bethesda games ;)

None of them were great games.

Evil within 1+2 were pretty average. Average stories and ran like shit.

So was Fallout 4. Same shit different day.

Fallout 76 was trash and still is.

Played both Dooms and Wolfenstein which were pretty good but great? Halo 1 and 2 were great. Metroid Prime was great. Half life was great. Bioshock 1 was great. The new Doom and Wolfenstein games? Nah.

The only Arkane studios game I have played is Prey and I simply can't get into no matter how many times I try. The waypoint system is trash.

None of these games come anywhere close to what Sony first parties output.

Last edited:

pasterpl

PS5 is on the roll, to summarise;

No Dirt 5 next gen upgrade on launch
charging again for games you already own
price hike on games
no cross gen saves
R&C not native 4K
no new AAA exclusives at launch (this one applies to xbsex as well)

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
a: im a fucking adult, i got other concerns that actually bother me other than console wars, that shits is for kids or fucking muppets
b: i'm a Sony fan, not fanboy so i'll be going PS5 but not on release as theres fuck all out that screams buy me
c: MS are kicking their arse tech wise, the series X is a lot more powerful than the PS5.. suck it up, its a fact... like a fucking quicker SSD makes a difference..
d: Personally i couldnt give a shit that the Xbox is more powerful, i'm actually glad this is now a 2 horse race instead of a 1 horse race as it'll force complacent Sony to up their game, yeah they've lost the hardware war and with Gamepass being a helluva deal some might say the software war, but again competition will force Sony to up their game which will benefit me as a Sony player
e: let the Xbox fans have their moment in the sunshine ffs, god know you cunts hammered them back at the start of this gen
f: Ima just gonna sit back and wait for Naughty Dog, Santa Monica & Guierra Games to get their shit together and show me some proper next gen games and then cry silently into my pillow that i cant play Elder Scrolls 6

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
it is not fair(for ds) compering a 11 years old game with a completely new IP with new game play mechanics, while ds looks great, at core it is 11 year old game with nice graphics.
It's an 11 year old game that has better gameplay than 90% of modern games. Get some taste. It will curbstomp The Medium IN EVERY SINGLE metric, including visuals and gameplay.

PS5 is on the roll, to summarise;

No Dirt 5 next gen upgrade on launch
charging again for games you already own
price hike on games
no cross gen saves
R&C not native 4K
no new AAA exclusives at launch (this one applies to xbsex as well)
-blame Codemasters
-wrong. Free upgrades except for Spiderman REMASTERED with new assets and raytracing
-everyone will raise prices in the medium term
-wrong. Cross saves do exist, e.g. Miles Morales.
-resolution is a meme. Ratchet looks better than anything Xkeks have
-Seriex won't have a triple A exclusive for a loooong time. Enjoy

Last edited:

Tschumi

I wouldn't call myself a "fan" as I decide by what the console (or any other product) offers but going first with the PS5 wasn't a question for me after such an amazing PS4 gen. Their exclusives are among (if not) the very best of the industry. However, the "marketing" leading to the PS5 was making me frustrated more and more and the shitshow that was the last event and the news and continuous silence since then made me accept the fact that this new management is utterly incompetent and just wants to get big money without understanding their audience.
I mean, good for and your opinion... But i just wanna pause and examine just how bad PS5 marketing really has been.. look, I've been just as aware of the drip feed news as you - but surely the news has been of such quality when it has come (on console, gorgeous gameplay from the first showcase - something of which I've seen very little, if anything, from xbox) that you realise that it's a sign of patience, confidence and belief in the quality of the games? I think you're hearing the xBox narrative a bit here... i don't think anything said about cross gen titles etc is unprecedented or unreasonable. (Can't defend their costing in the EU)

In reality you can easily say xbox has been misleading... making TFLOPs a bigger thing than they are, saying they felt good after the PS5 presentation then giving us infinite and a bunch of cinematics, claiming that a 4 TFLOP cheap console can bring next gen performance as if there wouldn't be myriad strings attached~ most egregiously, strong arming their fan base to team up and reject big budget, AAA games simply because Sony has cornered the market and Xbox don't have the minerals to take them on..

In conclusion, i think it's a pretty contemporary thing to say Sony have been distant and disinterested, but i think that's an xBox narrative trying to make up for their lack of concrete content worth the price of their main console, their reluctance to directly challenge Sony in making big budget classics, and underwhelming games lineup.. in reality, i think Sony are dealing in certainties, and not wasting our time with hollow boasts~

... good for me and my opinion :p

dyergram

Im honestly starving for ps5 info (which is probably partly the plan) i think Covid has fucked up their marketing strategy but at least the console is coming out this year with several games I want.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
MS are looking better right now. They're doing more things right in terms of PR.

Problem is, Playstation is still the place I can play DeS, Spider-Man, Horizon, Ratchet, God of War etc. The moment those games come out on PC day one is the moment I sell my Playstation; until then, nah.

Decided to go with CP2077 on PC instead of jumping right into the next gen.
I´ll still get a PS5 over an Xbox since I already have a PC, but I´ll wait for some more games to release.
Just doesn`t feel right buying the box for only 1 (80€) game and then having it sit there and collect dust for months.

Last edited:
Xbox buying Bethdesa is like a low league football team scoring a goal and suddenly all the fans become insufferable.

Reality is MS are still gonna get trounched in the sales again next gen.

CAB_Life

Doom, Wolfenstein, ESO and even Skyrim were some of the biggest games of last gen—whether you liked them or not is irrelevant. Pretty sure Skyrim has outsold any PS exclusive ever, too, and I would expect the next ES to do the same.

PS is a great brand and safe purchase, but stop faking ignorance of Bethesda’s clout and pedigree just because it doesn’t suit your narrative.

PC + PS5 is the way to go.

Because of Series S, building a PC that can play Starfield in 2023 when it launches will be very cheap by then.

Assuming the game turns out to be good which is a stretch given Bethesda's recent games, you can rent it for $10 on PC, finish the game and then stop renting.

Last edited:
im european,xbox fanboys are a rare species here,they only make noise on game forums,we dont care

in preordered two ps5 (one for each home) and one series x (will keep the xbox x)

Same. I ordered 3x PS5 and maybe get xsex after they are 200€ used/discounted. (One x goes for 130-200e used)

Nobody I know want xbox on launch and they are still available.

Maybe if they had more good exclusives (halo+forza+gears arent) + way to use Playstation controller as I hate xbox stick placement.

Always kind of weird to see xbox fans on internet when in reality I havent met any in my life at my country

Last edited:

O-N-E

Same as before. Most launches are poor and Sony has made good efforts for PS5. Bodes well for the future.

With regards to the threads... After a few days, it was obvious it would take a while for the EXCLUSIVE adrenaline rush to flush out of Xbox GAF's collective blood system. We're still in it. Nothing new though. The internet is mostly fueled by infantile and petty manchild posts.

ANIMAL1975

It's fair to say that, disregarding validity, a lot of new, sizzling hot takes on PS5 have dropped, steaming, out of the dispenser this last week or two.

Apparently Jim Ryan is presiding over the death of Sony (I'm entirely unaware of what motivated such assured forecasts)

Anyway, i think those opinions have gotten a lot of airtime this past few weeks - so i wanna take a roll call of PS fans to see if you've had your minds changed at all by the tsunami of innuendo we've seen flung around here. Give you guys a chance to build herd immunity a-haw.

Sound off, how you feeling about your pet console?
Still very excited for the PS5 but concerned (about the new pricings mostly) and disappointed by the all marketing/comunicación fiasco. So didn’t vote in the poll, no option for me.

Gloggins

Very positive. The Bethesda thing...well I'll get an XSX with GP later on.

These consoles are much more appealing than their predecessors were at launch so all this hyperbolic dramatic try-hard cynicism and negativity over relatively minor things is silly. Just look forward to things for fuck's sake.

Humdinger

What's changed for me is that I've gotten tired of the negativity surrounding the console wars, and I've decided to turn my back on both of the "giants" for the time being and spend time with my newly acquired Switch. I am really bored with listening to all the criticisms, complaints, and negativity. The petty sniping and bickering is tedious to me. I want to return to just playing, enjoying, and talking about games. I'm going to play a nice, robust library of Switch titles and wait for the console war BS to blow over.

I'll get a PS5 within the first year. I'm in no rush. I've got plenty of great games to play in the meantime. I'll probably get an XSX several years down the road, too, for the sake of their coming WRPGs.

Ellery

Feeling great. What is happening on Neogaf is pure banter and console war. It is extremely detached from reality.

+ Powerful new hardware
+ Loading times are basically a thing of the past
+ New controller with amazing new features
+ Amazing exclusive games just the way I want it (Demon's Souls, GT7, Returnal, Kena, God of War 2 and many more and many yet to be announced. Especially ND games which are the best)
+ Being able the play my PS4 games on the PS5 again. I don't have the PS4 Pro so I get to see some enhancement anyway

- The PS5 looks awful and is huge. I don't like it. Funnily the Xbox wouldn't fit where I put my PS5, but I would prefer if it looked like a bigger PS4 instead of a white wave
- Game prices in europe are 80€/93$USD. Fuck that.

Completely being honest here I just love Playstation exclusives too much (the main reason I buy the console). I don't even mean it to shit talk or put Microsoft in a negative light, but Playstation just has the games that have the soul I am looking for. I need those games with AAAA quality and 20-30 hour single player story driven campaign. It is my jam when I game on a console. Microsoft having bought Bethesda doesn't change anything for me, because I have always played every single Bethesda game on my PC. Honestly PS5 + PC is the ultimate combo. You have the good exclusives on your console and when you don't have any games to play you sub to gamepass on PC and never be bored.

The console war can be extremely annoying on Neogaf when people that lack the ability to differentiate make stupid one dimensional jokes that are very far from reality, but for the most part the little banter, memes and pictures are well good.

Stare-Bear

Banned
Very excited about the new Sony hardware, it was well overdue. Struggling to see the generational leap from both Microsoft and Sony so far, but I've got faith that once developers hit their stride with the new hardware we will get some amazing visuals.

makaveli60

I mean, good for and your opinion... But i just wanna pause and examine just how bad PS5 marketing really has been.. look, I've been just as aware of the drip feed news as you - but surely the news has been of such quality when it has come (on console, gorgeous gameplay from the first showcase - something of which I've seen very little, if anything, from xbox) that you realise that it's a sign of patience, confidence and belief in the quality of the games? I think you're hearing the xBox narrative a bit here... i don't think anything said about cross gen titles etc is unprecedented or unreasonable. (Can't defend their costing in the EU)

In reality you can easily say xbox has been misleading... making TFLOPs a bigger thing than they are, saying they felt good after the PS5 presentation then giving us infinite and a bunch of cinematics, claiming that a 4 TFLOP cheap console can bring next gen performance as if there wouldn't be myriad strings attached~ most egregiously, strong arming their fan base to team up and reject big budget, AAA games simply because Sony has cornered the market and Xbox don't have the minerals to take them on..

In conclusion, i think it's a pretty contemporary thing to say Sony have been distant and disinterested, but i think that's an xBox narrative trying to make up for their lack of concrete content worth the price of their main console, their reluctance to directly challenge Sony in making big budget classics, and underwhelming games lineup.. in reality, i think Sony are dealing in certainties, and not wasting our time with hollow boasts~

... good for me and my opinion :p
Don't get me wrong, I have my problems with MS as well, but I didn't expect much good from them to begin with and the thread is about Sony. I hate MS for botching the nextgen baseline (again) with Lockhart but it may seem funny and too strong, but I feel like betrayed by Sony. They got a lot of money from me and their fanbase and they just piss on us currently.

Last edited:

Tickrate

Gaf: fanboys fighting the useless console war
Me (an intellectual): Pre-orders PS5 and Series X for best of both worlds.

So yeah, feeling fine, but keep the war threads coming they're funny to observe.

P.S: This forum needs a master class in making polls. It's not really a poll if the options are only based on OP's bias :)

Last edited:

theddub

Banned
I'm excited about the ps5 but not as excited as I was for the ps4 since then it was the superior system compared to xbox one.

I'm eventually getting the ps5 for some of Sonys exclusives(like Spiderman for example). Whereas the multiplats were better on ps4 than Xbox one and had better exclusives before now the multiplats will be better on XSX than PS5 so now I want to buy both systems instead of just one like with the ps4.

Also with MS heavily investing in many new and otherwise studios, I'm also more excited about their this next gen of games(like Avowed for example) than MS' output last gen.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Just been ignoring threads on topics I have no interest in like gamepass. The Bethesda stuff was a little obnoxious but I’ve never really enjoyed their games so again I don’t really care.

Cant wait to play Demons Souls. Each day I’m more excited than the last.

Top Bottom