• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HuffPo blogger: Could It Be Time To Deny White Men The Franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStubbs

So I'm guessing she's actually a member of the alt right doing this to discredit the progressive movement by creating a straw man type article that someone like Bill O'Reilly can tee off on.

Fight for equality by striping rights from people is not really the way to go, even if it might give you (short term) results. It will only breed more divide.

giphy.gif

Now let's just wait for a whole lot of people complaining about this silly article and taking it way too seriously.

grumble

Stuff like this gives so much ammunition to the crowd who talk about 'SJWs' and use the word 'feminist' as a slur. It is tongue in cheek, but still cringeworthy.

Shelley Garland is an activist and a feminist and is currently completing an MA degree in philosophy. When she’s not gagging at South Africa’s unique brand of rainbow politics, she’s working on ways to smash the patriarchy.

White feminism is a hell of a drug.

Squalor

I mean, if we think of the world as a car and white men as the drivers for most of modern human history, this many accidents, breakdowns, fender-benders, and flat-out wrecks would be more than enough cause to revoke the driver's license.

Even if a large number of people of one group are voting against anyone else, that is literally how voting and democracy fuckin works.

i mean personally i could not possibly see anything wrong with this idea whatsoever. there's no way such a thing could backfire in any respect.

benjipwns

Banned
I mean, if we think of the world as a car and white men as the drivers for most of modern human history, this many accidents, breakdowns, fender-benders, and flat-out wrecks would be more than enough cause to revoke the driver's license.
wow, we're making jokes about women and their capability with cars now?

Sianos

I invoke the strongest argument, an appeal to "freedom of speech" in defense of this article! The author is legally permitted to say these words!

I have no defeated all possible rebuttals to this article, because if you oppose the views espoused in this article, it means you oppose freedom of speech itself!

Wait, no, that's actually a stupid argument

Deepwater

what are the odds that "this is the reason trump won" will appear in this thread before page 5?

I'm willing to put fiddy on it

Squalor

Yeah lets go with this rhetoric

Surely it will win Dems the white voters for 2018 and 2020
Or let's just go with the rhetoric of blaming liberals for racist people's being racist.

Yeah, that works.
what are the odds that "this is the reason trump won" will appear in this thread before page 5?

I'm willing to put fiddy on it
We didn't even get to 50 posts.
wow, we're making jokes about women and their capability with cars now?
Hm...

I really hope this is facetious. Otherwise, your reading comprehension could use some work.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Not sure if satire or just really stupid article. In any case, at the very least, I'm glad it was written just to see some Trump voters reactions!

Rayis

Some of them cannot handle women and minorities having equal rights, stripping them of their vote would be a disaster because they'd violently revolt and they happen to own a lot of firearms, it wouldn't be pretty.

NandoGip

Lol obvious trolling/clickbait. It's hypothetical, don't think the author truly believes this could happen. Then again, I could be wrong.

benjipwns

Banned
We are too emotional I am a woman (aged 30), and I have to agree that we (women) are too emotional and not rational or logical enough to have the right to vote. Most women are intelligent but we allow our emotions to take over and we don't often think straight. I have never voted because we should not have the right to vote. Men are often naturally more level headed, rational and logical and understand politics better that women do.

Posted by: Julie83
why should I listen to you Julie83, you're too emotional to think through this issue clearly.

benjipwns

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom