• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction -- how is it?

Spike

Give me some opinions, GAFfers! This one is out of print, and I haven't been able to find the Cube version of it, so I might go for the Xbox/PS2 version. My PSTwo's controller port 1 seems to be screwed, and Sony is demanding that I pay for shipping, so I'm not biting.

- How does it play on X360?

- How long to beat?

- How many levels?

- How many bosses?

Just give me an overall idea of what you thought about it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
1. no idea, played the PS2 version

2. Takes a while, I'm like 20 hours in or something, and there's a TON of mini-game-ish things

3. its more mission-based, there's like 100 of them or something

4. like 4 or 5 i think, but regular enemies get really hard and really frequent as the game goes along

i really liked the game, i don't mean to advertise my site or anything, but this is my more in-depth view at the game:

http://www.gamersmark.com/reviews/view/604

Spike

Thanks for the review. Very informative. Sounds like a buy for me, but I still want to get some input on the Xbox/360 version!

:eek: I was just think about trying to find a copy of Hulk. I really disliked the first one because of the pacing. however, I saw some footage from UD the other day (forget where) and it really looks like cheap thrills fun, just bashing everything to pieces. I'll have to see if a used copy is around.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Spike said:
Thanks for the review. Very informative. Sounds like a buy for me, but I still want to get some input on the Xbox/360 version!

It works great on 360, I haven't played the whole thing but what I did play ran flawlessly and looked great. The game ran in 720p on Xbox initially so it doesn't even need to upscale it.

black_13

Banned
Game is ****ing awsome on any console. A sweet number of cool,badass Hulk combos/moves.

And it's REALY good for taking out stress. EVERYTHING is destructable.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
This game is pure awesomeness. It takes place in a fairly big with a city. It has 2 big sandbox environments (if I recall correctly); a city and a desert with a desert town and it offers a lot of replay value. GTA gets old because well, I can only shoot with the same set of guns for so long but picking off antennas of skycrapers and using them as spears never gets old. Radical really nailed it with the moves set; the wall walk works really good and all the upgradable Hulk smash stuff is a ton of fun. I really have to pick it up again, sold it with my original Xbox to make money for the 360... :(

It's a bit fun. Kicks Mercenaries ass and takes its name. At least the subtitle. Haven't gotten that far into it cause I see houses and buses and shit and I just have to smash them. And it's oddly addictive to just jump and run around. What other game ever succeeded with that?

I noticed a glitchy texture once when playing it on my 360, but yeah, who cares?

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
VibratingDonkey said:
Haven't gotten that far into it cause I see houses and buses and shit and I just have to smash them.
Thanks for reminding me of how awesome Bus-Skateboarding was.

the-incredible-hulk-ultimate-destruction-20050514043108229.jpg

the-incredible-hulk-ultimate-destruction-20050308031800063.jpg

I picked up Hulk Ultimate Destruction (HUD) for Xbox and it works very well on my 360 (The 360 controller is a lot better for HUD in my opinion). I highly recommend it.

MoxManiac said:
So I guess the game is worth the $9? Maybe i'll drop by CC after work.

IT'S WORTH IT AT FULL PRICE. ONE OF THE MORE PLEASANT SURPRISES FROM LAST YEAR.

EDIT: shit...sorry about the caps.

Spike said:
Give me some opinions, GAFfers! This one is out of print, and I haven't been able to find the Cube version of it, so I might go for the Xbox/PS2 version. My PSTwo's controller port 1 seems to be screwed, and Sony is demanding that I pay for shipping, so I'm not biting.

- How does it play on X360?

- How long to beat?

- How many levels?

- How many bosses?

Just give me an overall idea of what you thought about it.

It's a good game, the feelig of power is great. I repeatedly would get sidetracked just going on 10-15 minute rampages through the town just wrecking stuff. The missions are a little repetitive, but the gameplay is loads of fun.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
There were a ton of sweet moves in this game. I sometimes miss it, but I didn't keep it on the very off chance I would pick it up and play it again.

Tr4nce

I played it again a few days ago, because I wanted to feel how it felt again.

If you can get this for a cheap price, then do so! The environment is graphically not all that, and it's no 50+ hour experience and things may start to feel repetative after a few missions, but the combo's you can 'buy' and the smashing is just great as is jumping sky high over buildings while the Hulk sways his arms. Or you can just run against walls. I think you'll find it a cool game. Not revolutionary, but gameplay feels good. Now go smash some cows!

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
I highly recommend this game. I rented it a few months back after hearing it was the best super hero game made to date. It really is. It's totally like a mix between Rampage and GTA, though it doesn't get old because of the many over the top moves and combos. Hulk smashes everything, even small buildings if you pound them long enough. It's really faithful to the Hulk mythos and makes you really feel like you're in the Green Goliath's shoes (or should that be purple pants? HULK NOT WEAR SHOES!), but even people not familiar with the character can get into it. My brother and I finished it in the rental period (with some lonnnng sessions), but I was planning on picking up a copy sometime because there is definitely some good replay to be had. It's great to hear it works on the 360!

Koomaster

Spike said:
Thanks for the impressions, folks. I just got back from picking it up! Going to get my Hulk on now!!
Man, you're really going to enjoy it. The moveset really makes the whole thing work, you'll unlock/buy more as you go along.

But man, pulling off the critical moves are simply awesome!

I love how the further you progress in the game, the more (bigger/harder) enemies start roaming the city going after you in free mode! :)

Spike

This has to be one of the best purchases I've ever made!!

Since my last post, I've played the game non-stop! I have never done that before! Awesome, awesome game! Thanks for the impressions GAFfers!

Damn, the fight with the Abomination rules!!!

Top Bottom