• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Indie Bundle 6 - Torchlight, SPAZ, Rochard, Vessel, Shatter; BTA: DustForce

Bundle Page

Just went live. Pay what you want for 5 games. Beat The Average price to get the widely-praised DustForce (Plus the bonus games: Bit.Trip Runner, Jamestown, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Wizorb) too. All games are for PC/Mac/Linux, DRM-Free and Steam-redeemable, and nearly all of the games include their respective soundtracks (Vessel is the only exception).

First up is Torchlight, the Diablo-esque ARPG made by former Diablo devs. Worth checking out if you haven't bought the sequel yet. Next is Shatter, an brick-buster game that allows you to change the ball's trajectory by "sucking" and "blowing" with the paddle. You collect blue fragments for energy, which gives you the ability to protect your paddle with a shield or fire lasers at the blocks. There are different block types and even boss battles, all set to a wonderful techno soundtrack. Rochard is a charming puzzle-platformer where you play as a space miner stationed on an asteroid under attack, initially armed with nothing more than a gravity gun and the ability to enable low-gravity in the room. You eventually find a laser to attack enemies, but it's safer (and more fun) to find ways to utilize your gravity gun, whether you decide to toss boxes at enemies or affect the room's environment (e.g. pull a fuse to disable the barrier that enemies are standing on and drop them to the electrified floor below).

Vessel is another puzzle-platformer, with more of a focus on the puzzle side of things. The main character can utilize water to create helpful (or harmful depending on the puzzle) water creatures to push buttons or move switches. As you can guess, water physics play a role. Space Pirates and Zombies (and Bounty Hunters!) (SPAZ) puts you in charge of a fleet of space pirates trying to reach the core of the galaxy. Gameplay-wise, it's sort of like Star Control 2, with real-time combat. You can travel around the galaxy and customize your fleet with blueprints that you buy/find, but your abilities are limited by your progress in the storyline. There's also two/three factions that you are free to please or anger in each solar system, depending on how it suits your needs at the time. As for the titular "Zombies," don't worry, they don't become a factor until much later in the game.

The beat the average title this time is DustForce, a pure platformer where you are cleaning up the level by dashing, wall-running, attacking with your broom, clinging to the ceiling, and wall-jumping. Speed and accuracy are essential here, as you are graded at the end of each level on how much you cleaned up and whether you kept up your combo. It's a great platformer with tight controls and plenty of content; well worth beating the average for if you don't have it already.

UPDATE: The Bonus games have been added. As expected, most of them (Bit.Trip Runner, Jamestown, Gratuitous Space Battles) are from a previous bundle, but there is one new game, Wizorb. Wizorb is a cross between Arkanoid and an 8-bit RPG, where you are tasked with rescuing a village by clearing areas of blocks and enemies. In each area, some levels have treasure rooms or shops, and the areas usually end with a boss battle level.

Bonus games revealed in the Steam registry.

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/apps/16523

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
Gratuitous Space Battles
Jamestown
Wizorb

Humble Indie Bundle 6 Trailer
WTF is... Humble Indie Bundle 6 (Totalbiscuit covers Shatter and Torchlight in this one; he also has vids up for SPAZ, Vessel, DustForce, and Rochard)

Xater

Yeah I only did not have Rochard and Dustforce but those are probably totally worth the current average.

marrec

Banned
So this is what it feels like to already own all the games in the newest Indie Bundle.

Huh...

Get this bundle guys, SPAZ alone is worth 20 dollars.

So this is what it feels like to already own all the games in the newest Indie Bundle.

Huh...

Get this bundle guys, SPAZ alone is worth 20 dollars.

Yeah, SPAZ is great. I beat it recently too. It's pretty neat how the overarching gameplay completely changes gears
two times
throughout the campaign.

dani_dc

Missing Rochard, SPAZ and Vessel, so not too bad this time around, hopefully the added bonus are other games I don't own.

As far as the OST goes, alraedy own the Shatter OST but was missing the others, will be good to finally own Dustforce OST.

How long till Notch is at the top of the leaderboards. I already own everything except Vessel and SPAZ. My wallet has been spared for now.

Mrbob

This is an amazing bundle. All the games are high quality. SPAZ is my indie gem of the forever. Love that game.

Hopefully we get one of these games as bonus

Terraria
Awesomenauts
Or other MP games

And please god no "HIB 5 was added"... better add a good new game and not adding the last bundle.

Great bundle, will likely buy for the one or two games I don't own.
Also, I forget if humble bundles are one of the bundles that usually add another BTA game later on?

dani_dc

Keep in mind that the Dustforce key will likely also be used for the other extra bonuses (that's how it usually goes) before giving it away as an extra key.

krae_man

What do you mean? Indie means independent. All of those are indie games.

If Sidhe and Runic count as indy, then almost everybody does. Sidhe is a 100+ staff well established studio that has made games for Activision for crying out loud.

I guess including these types of games could increase sales which benefits the charaties which is a good thing, but call it something else then.

ZGJJb.jpg

Supporting the devs is still charity, right?

Avallon

He was on twitter talking about it yesterday

I follow him on YouTube. I don't follow him on twitter so I was a bit confused how the video came out as soon as the bundle... then I realized all these games have come out already. Thanks for the clarification.

Top Bottom