• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunt: Showdown coming to Steam Early Access. Trailer. Will be paid product.

No date and price given.

Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/594650/Hunt_Showdown

Article and trailer: http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/10/12/hunt-showdown-coming-to-steam-early-access-ign-first

"You want to create an experience that goes from the game into the player," says Creative Director Magnus Larbrant. "These guys are really into your world and they're having fun right? And that's what I want, too. I think Early Access for our game is the best thing that could ever happen."

It's clear from watching the Developer Diary up above that the team sees the game as an open-ended, collaborative project between the development team based in Frankfurt and its future players.

"We really have to engage the players, man," continues Larbrant. "I'm completely open-minded. I know the designers are open-minded... Not over-promise things. Just tell this is where we are and this is where we're going to get to."

More at the links.

drotahorror

It does look interesting, I watched a video a few months back. Hopefully it's good, if so I'll check it out. I just hope there's not a shit ton of looting and looking for supplies like PUBG. That's the worst part of these survival pvp type games.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Looks pretty cool, i really like the setting.

But im biased cuz i love Western's

Zukkoyaki

The gothic/horror + western setting is fantastic and the game itself looks wonderful. I'm getting major sleeper hit vibes from this.

Vuci

It does look interesting, I watched a video a few months back. Hopefully it's good, if so I'll check it out. I just hope there's not a shit ton of looting and looking for supplies like PUBG. That's the worst part of these survival pvp type games.

Really?

Se_7_eN

Ill support it at Early Access... I think it looks great, but I really wish they would talk about the rewards / upgrades system.

Keasar

Holy smokes at those graphics.

Too bad it's pvp focused with pve elements. If only it's the other way around.

Isn't it though? The focus is to find and kill the boss monster and take it down before the other players, followed by escaping the map, so it's technically PVE focused with PVP elements. It can only be at the very end of the game that you run into other players at all.

KKRT00

From what i gathered you do not look for supplies at all in this game. You look for clues to find the monster and weapons and tools you have, you bring up to you at the beginning of the mission.

This is the new Crytek game right? I think i remember the E3 videos on this game seeming like evolve.

Yes. Initially helmed by their Austin office with ex-Vigil members as a F2P third person 4-player co-op game, then it switched over to Frankfurt and turned into this 2v2v2v2vE game where one player or a duo has the goal of killing a boss monster. They need to find clues to where it is, engage or evade enemy AI and maybe encounter other players on the way. If not there then after they defeat the boss they need to claim it which is going to signal the opposing teams, so there's a holdout, extraction element at the end.

Yes. Initially helmed by their Austin office with ex-Vigil members as a F2P third person 4-player co-op game, then it switched over to Frankfurt and turned into this 2v2v2v2vE game where one player or a duo has the goal of killing a boss monster. They need to find clues to where it is, engage or evade enemy AI and maybe encounter other players on the way. If not there then after they defeat the boss they need to claim it which is going to signal the opposing teams, so there's a holdout, extraction element at the end.

Also worth noting that unlike Evolve, the hunt monster isn't player controlled.

KarmaCow

How much of this is codified into the actual game? From the trailer I thought it would be just a semi-persistent online world, where people would take contracts, jump into an instance where other people are doing contracts and sometimes their goals overlap. From you said it seems much more rigid and directed.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
After played the beta all i can say crytek have an amazing game. The sound design is amazing, the graphics are great, the tension to be the first to find the monster and kill him is from the beggining. The menus are great and simple and the concept of the game too. The idea is like evolve, find the monster and kill him but is very different.

The negative i can say is the lack of controller support for the beta and only you can move the cursor in the menus with the joystick and the limited options for the graphics settings and the performance.

Loading screens also needs to improve but i see maybe is a problem of the engine because i remember evolve, sgw3 also have this problems.

Great game.

Top Bottom