• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunt: Showdown - Live stream on June 15 @ 10:30 PM - 11:00 PM CEST

EVIL

The Hunt: Showdown twitch channel has an event coming up on June 15 @ 10:30 PM - 11:00 PM CEST
https://www.twitch.tv/events/55758

Also they updated their website
https://www.huntshowdown.com

Some images extracted from their website:
feature-1.jpg

feature-2.jpg

feature-3.jpg

t1497558600z4.png

on the Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Livestream over
Watch the recording on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEQ_LnTUj8M

Ashtar

Crytek is going about this all wrong.... you put a countdown on games when their is nothing else going on not during E3! come on that's marketing 101

KKRT00

Hmm from the description, it can be really interesting if done right.

I hope that risk and reward will be really meaningful and there will an option to leave session without engaging in combat with other hunters. It would make a decision on engaging or playing another session with current characters way more important.

EVIL

Added a counter to the OP

I hope that risk and reward will be really meaningful and there will an option to leave session without engaging in combat with other hunters. It would make a decision on engaging or playing another session with current characters way more important.

From what I understand you can escape unseen if you and your friend are that good, without needing to engage in any combat. But the fun for other hunters is to hunt and track you down because you just claimed a major loot source, so I am sure they will be trying their best to intercept and or ambush you so it wont be easy to escape with 4 other teams of 2 players on your ass :)

KKRT00

cann someone explain what is the game about for those who cant enter gaming websites at work?

Its PVE and PVP FPS coop game with permadeath where you hunt some monster.
There are 5 teams of 2 players hunting same monster, which first you have to find. In process of hunting it, you can encounter other teams or other NPCs.
When team kills the monster, they need to banish it to get loot. The banish process, which takes some time, makes the location of visible to all other teams. When you get a loot, you need to get to extraction point to get reward.
When you die, you lose your character, which means all gear and skills you bought with money for the loot.

Grotar

There are 5 teams of 2 players hunting same monster, which first you have to find. In process of hunting it, you can encounter other teams or other NPCs.
When team kills the monster, they need to banish it to get loot. The banish process, which takes some time, makes the location of visible to all other teams. When you get a loot, you need to get to extraction point to get reward.
When you die, you lose your character, which means all gear and skills you bought with money for the loot.

Also there are a lot of PvE monsters, zombies and other that you need to watch out for, or u can use them against other players, so its not just endless running like Evolve.

Basically mix of Evolve, PlayerUnknowns Batlegrounds and Dayz.

I've just seen some footage of this as well, and it looks surprisingly good. Makes me think of a first person Bloodborne a little, but then the PvP stuff adds an extra layer of strategy and tension on top.

aBarreras

that sounds interesting, but i think the perma death can be frustrating, can your team mates pick up your gear at least?

Really looks cool. Love the concept and game loop and I'm really interested in the monster variety from the mobs to the bosses. Permadeath is iffy but I'm optimistic that they know what they've made and it won't be eternally frustrating if I suck at the game. EDIT: Watched till the Twitch shows end. Looks like unlocks stay unlocked in your "bloodline" so it doesn't seem to be as harsh as it comes across? Really want to see it in action though.

oldboss

Loved the stream. Looks very good to me, I like the concept & execution.

I even got some Bloodborne vibes :D

I'm in!

derFeef

Man this game looks really awesome. Not only graphically but also the concept and setting/theme. I hope they can make it, maybe do some kind of EA measurement to get some funding - and I hope this will get an actual player base.

a harpy

Something about the weapon animations just look doofy to me. Even the way the characters hold some of them in first person view doesn't seem right. Small issue though if it doesn't end up changing as it exits alpha. I really like the idea of the game enough so that I think I'd be willing to go in for Early Access on this, which is rare for me. I hope this is the mark of us just seeing more of the game in general from now on.

I signed up to the Hunt: Showdown site a few months back, and received the following email today.
5WXHaYM.jpg

dyT1QaG.jpg

YOUR INBOX IS DARK
AND FULL OF TERRORS

And today we’re adding one more: an exclusive look at one of the creatures of Hunt, and a mysterious text. You’re among the first to see this bilious mountain of flesh, this vessel to leeches and darkness and death. And you’re seeing it first because we’re happy you signed up for our newsletter, and this is how you say thank you when you spend all day designing monsters from every corner of hell.

Top Bottom