• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter: Nen Impact to be playable at EVO Japan in April. Confirmed to be a 2D fighter, will release on PS5, Switch, and Steam.

Draugoth

Gold Member
GIJ3oxyXcAA_LrJ

Hunter x Hunter: Nen x Impact is a 2D fighting game and will be available for PlayStation 5, Switch, and PC via Steam when it launches, publisher Bushiroad Games and developer Eighting announced.

The game will be playable by the public for the first time at EVO Japan 2024, which will run from April 27 to 29 at Ariake GYM-EX in Tokyo, Japan.

Hunter x Hunter: Nen x Impact

Last edited:
I hate that they turn every anime into a fighting game. Really wish they would take these properties and try to make actually good games. With how popular anime is getting I'm surprised no one is really trying to capitalize on that.

hopefully is really 2D and not like some cell-shading effect on 3D models. (I want some high level hand crafted 2D sprites)

But also agree with the post above, 20 years and still waiting for a good Hunter X Hunter JRPG (maybe set on greed island)

Doom85

I hate that they turn every anime into a fighting game. Really wish they would take these properties and try to make actually good games. With how popular anime is getting I'm surprised no one is really trying to capitalize on that.

There’s barely been any proper fighting games based on anime IPs lately. Dragonball FighterZ (which was a damn good game) and that’s it. Arena brawlers, which is what you’re thinking of, are the ones most anime IPs are being lazily tuned into and that’s a different beast entirely from fighting games.

Also, how do you know this game won’t be good? Just the fact they’re making it a proper fighting game is already a step in the right direction.

With 2d fighter they mean it takes place on a 2d plane, opposed to 3d/arena fighters where you can walk in all directions.
ohh got it, anyways still good I think. Was a little bit disappointed with the move of Guilty Gears to that type of view but still better than not having a HxH game haha

H-I-M

Honestly, this looks horrible for a 2024 game. I understand that they're on "budget", but the HxH franchise (one of the most beloved and popular manga) deserves better.

Mind you, this is how Naruto games looked like in 2010 on PS3. (tho the engine has remained the same even on PS5 games)
YkOscD.gif

MagnesD3

Gameplay looks good but god damn does this need to be insanely early, its ugly as sin and a 16 character roster in a 3v3 fighter is a crazy ask.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Like the a One Piece Odyssey game? That would amazing, if prefer the throw some filter arcs into a single player game

chlorate

They won’t make the game we really want: Hunter x Hunter x Hunter S. Thompson, where Gon, Killua, and Kurapika steal a bottle of diethyl ether from a hospital pharmacy, get high on it, and go to the Super Bowl

Barakov

Gold Member
Looks rough around the edges but it looks like they nailed the gameplay. But 16 characters for a versus game is kinda....
Season 9 Idk GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Top Bottom