• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hype: Card Hero looks pretty awesome. Edit: Is pretty awesome

Troidal

jesusraz said:
I honestly thought there was some sort of wandering around element to the game...an 'RPG' feel to it. Now I've come to realise that's not the case in the slightest and it's just HEAPS of text and constant card battles. It's fun to a point, but unless it's the story that gives it an edge (which from sp0rsk's 'a little lame' comment, I doubt it), I don't think it's anything too special. So far I've spent more time tapping the screen to scroll through endless text than anything else :/

I am four or five 'chapters' in now and it's just been exactly the same routine over and over again. I presume the battles must expand beyond the simple 2 vs. 2 grids early in the game...right sp0rsk (depends how far you've got, I suppose)? If not, I don't think I'll be trudging through this for much longer.

That's how the original GBC version was too. Pretty much card battles after another, with lots of text reading (of lame story btw) in between.

Not sure about the DS version, but in the GBC one, the battle was a 3x2 grid, so I'm not sure if it will expand to that.

jesusraz

Hmm, well, there's my interest deflated. Odd how Famitsu gave it 36/40...it must really love card games (or perhaps Nintendo's money ;)). Think I'll just go back to playing FFIV.

Top Bottom