• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Dragonball Z: Piccolo released

L Thammy

Release video (includes download links):

Gameplay video (This video was released earlier, probably not as far in development, but the release video doesn't show off an actual match)

piccolo1ciuuv.png
piccolo216uga.png

piccolo3fyupy.png
piccolo422u30.png

If you're not aware, Hyper Dragonball Z is a fangame styled primarily after CPS2 fighting games like Vampire Savior. It's got alpha counters, super jumps, EX attack, focus attack, etc. The previously existing characters are Goku, Super Saiyan Goku, Vegeta, Majin Vegeta, Freeza, and Gohan. Saibaman, Mr. Satan, and Babadi also exist as boss or joke characters.

My understanding is that the people involved were hoping to get Piccolo, Gotenks, and Super Buu out this year. Of the three, only Piccolo's gameplay is complete, so he's the only one being released right now. Even then, it might have more bugs and be lacking in fanservice stuff like winning and intro animations.

They've only released the character, so you have to manually add it. If you're not familiar with MUGEN, look at the instructions in the video.

In case you're curious about the other stuff they're working on:
Super Buu video
Gotenks video

Ugh, this game looks so good.

Really not sure about that replication super being only one bar, though. The risk of fuckery is high.

Ross61

Ah man, Mugen days. The memoriesssss.

But I'll wait to a full game. I can't do that stuff from the ground up no more.

L Thammy

Ah man, Mugen days. The memoriesssss.

But I'll wait to a full game. I can't do that stuff from the ground up no more.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but there are two download links in the video description. One is Piccolo, the other is the previous full release which has everything but Piccolo. So you only have to add one character; the rest is already prepared.

L Thammy

The character was updated; download link here.

I think the main fix is the config file, which had some debug options left enabled, but there are also some other fixes.

-Cursed form has correct palette
-Juggle Limit correctly resets for clones
-Jumping Clones no longer knock down when hitting with 2 air attacks right after each other
-D.Wave wasn't hitting with Jumping clone, fixed
-Redid all colors so now they are in the proper order. Default colors are changed
-Nerfed rapid kick damage and increased damage dampener points that it gives when it hits.
-Can no longer air dash after rapid kick
-Recovery after landing increased by 1 tick
-Recovery after jSK > landing is increased to full land animation
-Added config option so players can change Piccolo colors with directions during intros
-Corrected all default config options

Top Bottom