• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity Announced (releases November 20th)

Have they said anything about language selection? The first game didn't really need it, given the only voice acting (save for the grunts/moans/cheers/etc during battles) was during the story missions loading screens, but it looks like there will be more this time around, with actual cinematics.

lachesis

The gameplay look very good too. They really nailed down the look and feel of the BOTW, as well as BGM too.
Impa's gameplay look pretty neat as well - quite excited to see how it goes.

It does look like Link starts as ordinary soldier, not as the chosen warrior - so maybe we'll see the story of Link becoming the chosen warrior in the game.

Also noticed... that maybe my ears are playing tricks on me, but VA sound a bit different on some of the characters?

cireza

Enemy army was pretty much sitting there without having any will of conquest. Maybe it was for the demo only. Visuals are fantastic.

I hope that we will get the intensity from the first Hyrule Warriors game on Wii U.

Last edited:

Isa

Impa is looking superb! Glad she's in, I hope there are more characters to be revealed. I can't believe how well they nailed the look of BotW. Wonder if they'll ever give their own IP the same love they give to licensed stuff these days. I hope after this they make another Fire Emblem Warriors.

Everything looks awesome, expect Link's spear moveset. This one seems super boring.
And damn, Daruk's a friggin tank; does his shield ability have a limit, or a cooldown, anything?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Everything looks awesome, expect Link's spear moveset. This one seems super boring.
And damn, Daruk's a friggin tank; does his shield ability have a limit, or a cooldown, anything?

Each character is going to have a specific skillset related to using the Shiekah Slate.

Link has his Slate items like the bombs. Daruk has the Shield.

I think they have a 10 or 15 second CD.

Each character is going to have a specific skillset related to using the Shiekah Slate.

Link has his Slate items like the bombs. Daruk has the Shield.

I think they have a 10 or 15 second CD.
There's no cooldown that appears after he uses his shield though, unlike Runes. Which Daruk also gets, by the by (we saw him use all 4).
My guess is it's related to his "character action" that was mentioned in the first gameplay from Saturday.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Enemy army was pretty much sitting there without having any will of conquest. Maybe it was for the demo only. Visuals are fantastic.

I hope that we will get the intensity from the first Hyrule Warriors game on Wii U.

nah thats how these games work. there are different levcels of aggression. lots of fodder enemies.

It is cool that they have the BOTW grass I think thats first for any of these types of games which are usually just flat barren areas.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Preordered this bihh about a week ago

about-a-week-ago-gif-6.gif

Gloomnivore

I might end up enjoying this more than BOTW (which I loved). Waiting for the rain to stop so you can climb something has been replaced by whacking many things.

There was conceptart for link's father and younger sister for Botw, will they appear in this game?

Also, is this a level-to-level structure, or open world?
It's level-to-level, but more "open" that the first HW. From what we've seen, it looks like they merged the story mode and the Adventure mode from the previous game, you have the entire map of BotW the way you'd see it when looking at your map on the slate, from there there are multiple icons corresponding to each mission (main missions that advance the story, shorter optional missions to upgrade a character), NPCs (blacksmith...) or quest (bring x items to gain a new recipe or to upgrade a character's combo).
So each mission is on a separate battlefield, but as a whole you have still the huge BotW map, but just as the game's "hub".

AJUMP23

Gold Member
That is a demo I want to play. This game looks great. I would love 2 player couch co-op so I can play with my son.

Lethal01

The game looks to be amazing but the english dub voice acting is even worse than what we usually get for Japanese games.
I suppose it was silly but I was hoping for a bit better from Nintendo for Zelda..

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The game looks to be amazing but the english dub voice acting is even worse than what we usually get for Japanese games.
I suppose it was silly but I was hoping for a bit better from Nintendo for Zelda..
It doesn't have dual audio? In 2020?

Hudo

New Trailer Hyrule Warriors Coming either today or tomorrow Demo announcement

Thank god. I really need to try this out before I make my decision whether to get this or not. On one hand, I really, really like Zelda, especially BOTW. On the other hand, Musou games always look a bit lacking (to me). But this looks like they actually built quite a lot on top of the usual Musou-formula. Like people are saying about Persona 5 Scramble (which I still want a localization of!) that it's a legit good game and not just a "Musou with a Persona 5 skin". And I hope this will end up being in the same vein.

Nico_D

Loved the demo. I had never played Warriors games before and thought it is basically just light/heavy attack smash but instead it is more complex with nice amount of options, runes, rods and combos.

Top Bottom