• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: character trailer #12, Darunia

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I have zero interest in actually playing this game, but I love all the fan service! They've done a great job of hyping this game up.

Dang it that got me hyped for an August release when there's nothing to do but Amazon showed me that sad truth of it existing after Destiny. Oh well still Day 1.

Metaroo

Staflos in HD look really nice. Darunia looks pretty cool as well. I think I'm just looking forward to the Majora's Mask representation.

Subaru

Hey, it's already confirmed that we won't see nobody from Wind Waker?

I'm still expecting Young Link, Toon Link, Toon Zelda and Tetra.

Kyzon

Hey, it's already confirmed that we won't see nobody from Wind Waker?

I'm still expecting Young Link, Toon Link, Toon Zelda and Tetra.

Yes. The main time periods are OoT, TP, and SS for this game.

Maybe in a sequel we'll get the Classic and Tooniverses.

nubbe

Total hammer time

BFvDHR0.gif

Yes. The main time periods are OoT, TP, and SS for this game.

Maybe in a sequel we'll get the Classic and Tooniverses.
Fingers crossed that this doesn't mean we can't have some other Zelda games get some love as bonus characters! And I'm still not convinced we won't have at least a Majora's Mask area and a character or two. How could they possibly not?

Darunia looks great, I love how they incorporated his love of dancing into some of his moves.

His moveset is kind of a waste. Yeah he's the requisite big guy with hammer character but that's the vast majority of his attacks. A goron should have much more rolling attacks. I keep thinking of Dillion from Dillon's Rolling Western. He also doesn't seem to have as made elaborate wide-sweeping attacks as other characters.

Also they reused that boss again. I know Dynasty Warriors reuse the same generals over and over in missions but it looks like that'll extend to the boss monsters in this game. Understandable but it's going to make them feel less special. At least it's better than facing the same humanoid characters over and over again (that'll still be in this game).

Kyzon

Fingers crossed that this doesn't mean we can't have some other Zelda games get some love as bonus characters! And I'm still not convinced we won't have at least a Majora's Mask area and a character or two. How could they possibly not?

Darunia looks great, I love how they incorporated his love of dancing into some of his moves.

May just be references for now instead of something big. Like the Moon, and Baton.

Shinta

Banned
Comes across as boring. All the characters hit this hard, and lots are faster and more graceful.

To emphasize his strength, they really needed to take it farther than this. He looks okay, but not that great.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
His moveset is kind of a waste. Yeah he's the requisite big guy with hammer character but that's the vast majority of his attacks. A goron should have much more rolling attacks. I keep thinking of Dillion from Dillon's Rolling Western. He also doesn't seem to have as made elaborate wide-sweeping attacks as other characters.

Also they reused that boss again. I know Dynasty Warriors reuse the same generals over and over in missions but it looks like that'll extend to the boss monsters in this game. Understandable but it's going to make them feel less special. At least it's better than facing the same humanoid characters over and over again (that'll still be in this game).

Yes, he's gonna need another roll move, but also a roll move, and his patent move, the roll, and dont forget his strongest move, the move where he rolls.

RagnarokX

Death Mountain is where Dodongo belongs. It's not uncommon for the Zelda franchise itself to make lesser bosses like Dodongos into common enemies later in the game, either.

Dezben

Banned
It's occurred to me that like, aside from Link and Ganon there's not a whole lot of other male fighters for the Zelda franchise to draw upon.

EDIT: Oh wait this character is a dude. Tricked by the name!!

Top Bottom