• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors : English logo + new artwork [up: full-sized images]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubus

Yes, I too noticed that they are conspicuously absent. How very strange. Considering that she is the main boss, I wonder why they would decide not to show her in their initial promotional page? So as not to spoil the surprise?
Wait, surprises?
It could be because they want to tone down (censor) her appearance in the Western localization. Didn't Nintendo also censor Bravely Default and Fire Emblem to cover up some skin?

I sure hope it's not the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Sendou

Since when has canon issue ever factored in anyone purchasing decision of a Zelda game, ever.

In fact if you buy anything Zelda related ever for story then you are beyond redemption.

I think Hyrule Warriors is the perfect name. Good to see they decided to go with it.

lewisgone

I think it's a great title, only because we won't have to live in a world where a ton of amazon reviews are hating on the game for being such a departure from previous mainline titles, not realizing it's a spin off.

And Link/Hyrule etc. are recognizable enough that anyone who knows the series will still pick it up.

Espada

It could be because they want to tone down (censor) her appearance in the Western localization. Didn't Nintendo also censor Bravely Default and Fire Emblem to cover up some skin?

It would not surprise me one bit if they decide to censor her appearance. The case with Fire Emblem shows how little it takes for them to consider censoring something. When we finally get screens of her on the NA site, there's a good chance she may covered from toe to neck.

Ataru

Unconfirmed Member

I hope not, I don't buy censored games out of principle.

Just give her some different costume options for those offended by cleavage, don't remove her outfit entirely.

Sendou

The name is also good because it's not all that unlikely that we'll see both Hyrule Warriors and new mainline Zelda on Wii U in a short time span from each other. Calling them both "The Legend of Zelda" might be a little confusing.

I'm actually glad it isn't canon, because what we've seen so far would destroy the timeline.
And of course I'm happy it isn't canon if it turns out being a bad game.

If anything the details we've received the past few days makes this game seem more likely it'll be canon

NeonZ

Personally, I've never understood why Nintendo seem determined to forge a proper timeline out of the Zelda series. The only good reason I can think of is that it's so Nintendo can have an excuse to keep recycling the same basic plot and premise.

If there were no timeline, they'd have an even better excuse to recycle the same plot over and over, considering how they could just retell things without worrying at all about referencing events from past games.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
iEqdGOoMVA9WB.png

They seriously couldnt do something like that?
Add the slash and the scarf and its better than that logo tbh.

Luigiv

I really can't believe they're going ahead without having "Zelda" in the title somewhere.

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors, is that so hard?

Well yes because that would sound like a mainline title to the uninformed. Hyrule Warriors id fine as it is.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
This got to be the fastest and biggest turnaround a game's ever done in terms oh hype, My interest was literally zero and now Im madly pumped for it. Never doubt Zelda

wrowa

I'm so glad they aren't calling it Zelda Warriors. Hyrule Warriors is a really cool name and just seems to be a perfect fit - it's just too bad that the logo looks fugly.

kubus

I made this real quick. Excuse my crappy photo editing skills.
dc8qJgf.jpg
Really cool! I like it!

Can't wait for retailers to use this as placeholder artwork and GAF reporting on it as "could this be the boxart?!" making the GAF > internet > GAF cycle complete once again :D

Zombine

Banned
My biggest fear is that the western version will be censored. Typically those censors never amount to anything major, but I prefer my games untouched and I hate being coddled when a game is clearly T+.

Ansatz

This got to be the fastest and biggest turnaround a game's ever done in terms oh hype, My interest was literally zero and now Im madly pumped for it. Never doubt Zelda

I still need to see if the game has some kind of depth in its gameplay. Even as a huge Dynasty Warriors fan the latest entries have been extremely shallow. For example in previous games your musou attack was more of a lifesaver, now you build the meter so easily that you can use it on every other enemy pack. Alot of small changes like that, including too high frequency of item drops, less room for strategic depth in map designs due to linearity, enemies come in large numbers and are drawn to you like magnets which makes it feel like you're part of a slaughter instead of just being one of many generals in a huge battle, it was a rare feat to get 1000 kills in a map, now it's piss easy. The morale system is completely broken, etc. The gameplay is a mess.

I really can't believe they're going ahead without having "Zelda" in the title somewhere.

Hyrule Warriors is better. It extends the brand. It's the same as DC/WB using "Gotham" in the titles of Batman side projects.

Albo

If anything the details we've received the past few days makes this game seem more likely it'll be canon

Is this game not canon then? No canon no buy

Very much doubt it will since there's already too many obvious contradictions for it to be canon. I can see how it's been inspired by and has links to SS and HH manga (which isn't canon like all previous zelda manga) but as a spin off being done by another team it just seems like a bunch of references they put in there for fan service, not intended for people to connect the dots with mainline zelda games.

If you think Cia is bad I'm sure NOE will come up with something else.

Personally, I've never understood why Nintendo seem determined to forge a proper timeline out of the Zelda series. The only good reason I can think of is that it's so Nintendo can have an excuse to keep recycling the same basic plot and premise.
I feel Nintendo didn't care that much but the fans took it a whole next level so they started placing more hints and thinking more about it. If they want to include something cool they'll find a way. For instance for this game even if this is supposed to happen before Ganondorf I can still see a very similar looking Gerudo King being thrown in as he is a popular character (or even some one line explanation like Ganondorf is a title that Gerudo Kings take).

The Hyrule Historia timeline (which brushed the older games under the carpet by throwing them into their own branch) basically has the disclaimer that it could all change whenever they felt like.

Europe didn't get that censor. There was text censorship instead though (I think it was a different piece of DLC).

L~A

There probbly won't be any censorship in Europe (why would there be?).

Here's a pic from the Nintendo UK press server :

But there's no official artworks for any character other than Link or Impa.

That's what I assumed the name would be, at least in the US. Have the logo be a little "The Legend of Zelda" and then a BIG "HYRULE WARRIORS"! But hey, I guess NoA actually trusts consumers won't be stupid and will understand that this is a Zelda-themed game, even without Zelda in the title. Risky move, I say.

BY2K

Membero Americo

That's from the UK press site? EU is safe then.

Riki

Obviously Cia will get flowing white robes that cover her entire body because she is a poor pure woman and can't be sexualized in the West.

even if we have many prudes in NA, I hope there is some backlash if she ends up covered up because we have already seen her

I also don't like Cia after we already been calling her Shia for the past few days but oh well

DeaviL

Banned
Oh wow, I wasn't actually asking for a scarf. I was just shouting excitedly about it. Sorry! I'll still use it though since you kindly made it for me. :D

I was making scarfs in another thread,
so anyone saying scarf immediately made me go Fotoshoppin'

Seik

Banned
The more I see about this damn game, the more hyped up I am about it.

I need a release date, so much! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom