• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: Majora's Mask Pack + update 1.5.0 now live, launch trailer

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
HW is one of those few games actually worth full price due to sheer content

Indeed.
YouTube channel The Completionist 100%'d the game and made a video about it on launch day (he got it two weeks before it came out). It took him 246 hours. This was before the patches that gave you the option to skip boss introductions, before the patch that added the villains, before all the DLC with new maps and characters.

The content seems endless.

SegaShack

US release will be great, just waiting. I'm such a sucker for any pre WW Zelda games, since they were all so amazing. N64 Zeldas are especially meaningful to me. Both games are so amazing yet very distinctive.

Now how does anyone actually clear an adventure map? Me and a friend have invested a lot of time into it and still are maybe halfway through the initial map. This game is crazy in terms of challenge and can be quite a time suck.

Took some more pics while playing:

yYuL4lM.jpg

If you ever wonder what the face of evil looks like, there you go.

The giant 8-Bit fairy summon is probably the greatest example of the title's fanservice yet.

Just goes to show how invested the team is into Zelda.

No kidding. It was found out that Midna's mask is actually just a wooden shield hanging over her face. I wondered if this was laziness due to complications with her helmet/head size, until it was pointed out that it was a direct reference to a brief gag in Twilight Princess.

Eolz

Is there already a reference of which mask gets every character? Particularly interested in the ones we got in the previous DLCs.

Oh, I can't wait to do it ^_^

And what about the adventure map? Is there any kind of time limit?

Yeah there's a time limit per map based on battles you do (I think non-crowd enemies you kill) that wil reset the map (but not the rupees/EXP/weapons/items) you collected once you hit zero. Clearing maps with Owl statues on it removes the reset from the surrounding maps. At least I think that's what the tutorial is telling me, haven't had a chance to play through one yet.

Thanks! The ocarina thing makes sense since Fierce Deity is tied to his magic meter. What's the balloon's function?

The balloon, if it succeeds, will send you up into the air in a spinning attack. Otherwise, it'll pop for mild damage.

zeldablue

Oh, Young Link is so precious!

And holy cow! I didn't realize how much I love OoT Impa, but I love OoT Impa. D:

AHHHH...

Ryce

Someone uploaded a Young Link gameplay video. He didn't unlock any of the combo strings, so Young Link doesn't do anything terribly exciting in the video, but it's better than nothing. The Fierce Deity transformation scene is a nice nod to Majora's Mask.

Neiteio

I was just about to bitch about FD being tied to magic, but then I noticed Young Link can play his ocarina somehow to restore magic??

Ryce

I was just about to bitch about FD being tied to magic, but then I noticed Young Link can play his ocarina somehow to restore magic??
Yeah, you can see it in the video I linked to above. It appears as though playing the ocarina four times fills the magic meter completely.

Neiteio

fucking hate that skull kid costume. All u had to do was make him a playable character!

:(
*Hyrule Warriors pre-production meeting*

Employee #1: "How about we add Skull Kid?"

Employee #2: "That's perfect!"

Employee #1: "But... is he? Something is missing..."

Employee #2: "What do you mean?"

Employee #1: "What if we made Skull Kid... a waifu?"

Employee #2: "What the hell, that's ridic--"

*Aonuma raises a hand, silencing everyone*

Aonuma: "...continue, Employee #1"

Neiteio

If that datamine leak was comprehensive, it would appear Young Link only gets a lv. 1 Kokiri Sword... but three levels of Fierce Deity Masks, with each version of the Double Helix Blade looking different. It's interesting to see the weapon levels tied to a temporary state, albeit one you can reliably bring back thanks to the strong attack restoring magic.

Also, that Skull Kid outfit almost makes it OK that Lana has the Deku Stick (instead of Saria, the GOAT Zelda NPC)

Don't be snarky and post a pic of that goat from Link's Awakening, or Goht from Majora's Mask, or the goats from the village in Twilight Princess

Ryce

If that datamine leak was comprehensive, it would appear Young Link only gets a lv. 1 Kokiri Sword... but three levels of Fierce Deity Masks, with each version of the Double Helix Blade looking different. It's interesting to see the weapon levels tied to a temporary state, albeit one you can reliably bring back thanks to the strong attack restoring magic.
Oddly enough, Young Link's weapon (the one you level up) is actually the Fierce Deity Mask. Everyone thought the Kokiri Sword would be considered his main weapon.

Neiteio

Oddly enough, Young Link's weapon (the one you level up) is actually the Fierce Deity Mask. Everyone thought the Kokiri Sword would be considered his main weapon.
Oh, interesting :-O

Didn't that datamine leak also show that regular Link will be able to wear a Fierce Deity costume?

Imagine riding into battle as Fierce Deity Link astride Epona :-O

Ryce

Oh, interesting :-O

Didn't that datamine leak also show that regular Link will be able to wear a Fierce Deity costume?

Imagine riding into battle as Fierce Deity Link astride Epona :-O
That seems to be the case, yeah.

Oh, and I was partly wrong about Young Link's ocarina filling the meter after four uses. The ocarina completely depletes your special gauge and adds whatever the amount was to your magic gauge -- for example, playing the ocarina with a full special gauge gives you a full magic gauge.

Fandangox

Oh, and I was partly wrong about Young Link's ocarina filling the meter after four uses.

I was thinking YL being able to refill his magic meter pretty much whenever was going to make him really broken, but I guess this is a decent way to balance that.

Neiteio

Oh, and I was partly wrong about Young Link's ocarina filling the meter after four uses. The ocarina completely depletes your special gauge and adds whatever the amount was to your magic gauge -- for example, playing the ocarina with a full special gauge gives you a full magic gauge.
Huh. So how tricky is it to use a special attack as Fierce Deity? Would a full magic bar be enough time for him to fully replenish his special meter?

Top Bottom