• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: new update (with 3 new characters) available on Oct. 16 (EU)

yes good price indeed I think I'll bite. no details yet on characters for each pack (in the decsription it seems you are getting characters from MM and one of the other packs, in addition to dark link and to the three new villains) nor for the story scenarios, that seem included in each pack.

I assume the content is the same as in Japan.

September 30 - Free
Free playable three villains
Can turn on/off some cut-scenes. during battles

Hyrule Warriors Master Quest:
October 16th
1 new Weapon
New Scenario
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Twilight Princess
November
1 new character
1 new weapon
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Majora's Mask
January
2 new characters
Adventure Map
3 new costumes

Ganon Pack
February
2 New Game Modes

Plus the Dark Link costume.

Kouriozan

15€ for everything, cheap enough.

GIP6jkN.jpg

Ganon pack called Boss here :p

Qurex

Neo Member
Pic of the discription in English

Hero of Hyrule Pack (Bundle: Master Quest Pack, Twilight Princess Pack, Majora's Mask Pack, Boss Pack and Dark Link costume)

£13.49 Size: 1600.0 KB

Contents of the bundle:
1. Master Quest Pack: new weapons, scnearios, Adventure Mode map and costumes.
To be released in Ocotber 2014. Content not playable before the release date.

2. Twilight Princess Pack: new playable character, weapons, Adventure Mode map and costumes.
To be released in November 2014. Content not playable before the release date.

3. Majora's Mask Pack: new playable characters, weapons, Adventure Mode map and costumes.
To be released in January 2014. Content not playable before the release date.

4. Boss Pack: new game modes.
To be released in February 2014. Content not playable before the release date.

Also included: Dark Link costume, usable immediately.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The Japanese page says they'll be announced later, but before release. I guess it's kinda like the Mario Kart DLC, although we know less of the actual content here.

yes
I think I'm gonna preorder neverless, considering how I enjoyed the game. these DLC will keep the game alive until february at least, and I'm gonna play through the game again with a friend of mine, with the second screen

CronoShot

So let's take bets on the characters.

Majora's Mask pack: Skull Kid? Tingle? Fierce Deity Link? Or hell, any of Link's mask characters?

Twilight Princess pack: Rusl? Ashei? Telma? True Form Midna?

TreIII

So let's take bets on the characters.

Majora's Mask: Skull Kid, Tingle

As much as I would personally love to see Darmani, Deku Butler and/or Mikau, there's really no way I could see Tingle not getting in over them. Plus, Skull Kid could be another "evil" rep hailing from that game.

Twilight Princess: True Form Midna, King Bulbin

T.F Midna, in order to right the obvious mistake of how she was wasn't included in the first place. King Bulbin, because he's pretty much the only other "villainous" character left from TP, and I would imagine it wouldn't take much to design him with the assets that already exist in the game. (King Bulbins do show up as Gate Captains.)

All you have to remember is that Koei made "Outlaw" into a playable character in the FOTNS games, for stuff like King Bulbin to be a possibility. :lol

shaowebb

Dear lord let the Majora's Mask rep be Skull Kid... This game just keeps pushing all my happy buttons lately :)
I will buy them all.

Kinsei

Banned
Dear lord let the Majora's Mask rep be Skull Kid... This game just keeps pushing all my happy buttons lately :)
I will buy them all.

I wouldn't expect it. Someone can already call down the move as part of one of their combos. NOTE: I am not talking about the upgraded hookshot.

Really surprised at that price disparity. It's pretty significant. Though I feel Japan being more into Musou may ha e something to do with it.

I'm gonna guess $18 for NA. I'm not planning to get the game this year but I'll buy the DLC this year to get the 10% digital deluxe promotion like with the Mario Kart DLC.

hupla

I really hope they say what the New characters for the DLC packs are soon, seems lame to make people buy in blind

shaowebb

1. Master Quest Pack: new weapons, scnearios, Adventure Mode map and costumes.
To be released in Ocotber 2014. Content not playable before the release date.

2. Twilight Princess Pack: new playable character, weapons, Adventure Mode map and costumes.
To be released in November 2014. Content not playable before the release date.

3. Majora's Mask Pack: new playable characters, weapons, Adventure Mode map and costumes.
To be released in January 2014. Content not playable before the release date.

4. Boss Pack: new game modes.
To be released in February 2014. Content not playable before the release date.

So 1 from Twilight Princess and at least 2 from Majora's Mask?

My picks then are :
Majora's Mask:
1. SKULLKID
2. Fierce Deity Link

(I could easily see Majora or Tingle being in though. I wouldn't mind either seeing how good they made everyone so far, but I would go nuts for a seperate Fierce Deity Link moveset and for Skullkid to be playable in something)

Twilight Princess:
1. True Form Midna

(Midna is so popular that folks would go crazy for this. It would definitely require a new moveset since it would lack the wolf so it could be fun to see her personality finally coupled to her true form with similar body language and mannerisms.)

TheMoon

I really hope they say what the New characters for the DLC packs are soon, seems lame to make people buy in blind

they're not "making" you, they're letting you. if you do it before they announce specifics that's your choice.

So 1 from Twilight Princess and at least 2 from Majora's Mask?

I think you may not have seen this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=130548347&postcount=1

Edit: all this also confirmed for Europe!
Just revealed during the Koei-Tecmo TGS livestream:

Master Quest - Hyrule Warriors Pack
Twilight Princess Pack
Majora's Mask Pack
Ganon Pack

Planning for that DLC:

September 30 - Free
Free playable three villains
Can turn on/off some cut-scenes. during battles

Hyrule Warriors Master Quest:
October 16th - 1200 Yen
1 new Weapon
New Scenario
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Twilight Princess
November - 1200 Yen
1 new character
1 new weapon
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Majora's Mask
January - 1200 Yen
2 new characters
Adventure Map
3 new costumes

Ganon Pack
February - 500 Yen
2 New Game Modes

Exile20

4 packs of paid DLC are coming to #HyruleWarriors. Buy a season pass for $19.99 & receive a bonus Dark Link costume.

Kinsei

Banned
Telma is pretty cool tho

I know that, it''s one of the selling points for me

Oh that sucks. All of the playable characters are on the website except for one secret character. You should take a look to see if anyone else appeals to you.

Secret character in case you want to know:
OoT Great Fairy

Stage On

Urg I was already on the fence on getting Hyrule Warriors at launch even thought I'd only be paying $50, this DLC news is really pushing me towards skipping it for now

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
So there's a chance that we could get to play as the Happy Mask Salesman?

My wallet is in my hand, Big N. Your move.

Top Bottom