• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

People in here more worried about principles and understanding the point and what's supposed to make sense and whatever shit than whether it's something that can end up a good game or not.

Anyway if the teaser is any indication even if the game is shit the OST is going to be worth grabbing.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Why does Nintendo waste on this game their resources and their tale... of, wait! Why we supposed to be angry of? Is this going to download automatically on our Wii Us and charge our cards?

ZFS1gFW.jpg

I can't believe how much this is true, anything Nintendo announce is hated right from the start, see NES Remix.
It was hated, then people played it and now it's getting tons of positive impressions.

8BtvlJD.gif

I can't help but find it amusing that Nintendo/Koei slaps a Zelda skin on a Dynasty Warriors game and the fanboys act as if it's the second coming. C'mon guys, Nintendo can do a lot better than this.

I agree.. Slapping on a onepiece, sengoku, hokuto no ken, gundam.., you name it skin did not help at all.. Why should this?

Vamphuntr

Well it's not like the IP had some amazing standards about what kind of games could be made with it. We had the Wii Crossbow training and the 3 CD-i games after all.

Still a weird decision.

I hope people don't expect much more from the graphics. Nintendo isn't developing this. It's going to look like a rough 360 title and it's going to have a ton of slowdown.

Also after Pokemon Conquest, Koei probably wanted to do another Nintendo spinoff and Zelda worked. I think this game will be crap, but Nintendo shouldn't reject 3rd parties

Mr-Joker

Banned
Personally I love it and I love Link's new look with that fancy blue scarf.

I don't know why people are moaning about this when they were the one demanding Zelda U and Nintendo delivered

ZFS1gFW.jpg

I can't believe how much this is true, anything Nintendo announce is hated right from the start, see NES Remix.
It was hated, then people played it and now it's getting tons of positive impressions.

So true, some people just complain just for the stake of complaining.

WillyFive

I hope people don't expect much more from the graphics. Nintendo isn't developing this. It's going to look like a rough 360 title and it's going to have a ton of slowdown.

Yeah, people keep saying it's early and rough; but this is what their games look like all the time.

tinders

So how do you think the story will be?

It will most likely follow a original story, rather than retelling an already told Zelda storyline.

I wonder if there will be multiple allies on your side, akin to the officers you have to protect from enemy officers. Link usually has lots of allies, but not many that do combat themselves.

I can see Ghirahim, Ganondorf, The Twin witches from OoT, Majora and Vati as enemy officers.

Maybe Sheik, Impa, Zelda, Groose, the rebels from TP if they want to scratch the barrel, and gorons/zoras as allies in the field.

Probably some like Masked Man salesman could be the neutral bystander, akin to that Ninja from samurai warriors whose name I always forget.

Fierce Deity or bust

Rubius

But where does it fit on the Tiiimeliiine?

If we go by the graphics, it seem to be set in the period either before or after Skyward Sword. Maybe the war that lead to Skyward Sword Sky city? The big battle with Desmise. I could see that. A link to the past intro didnt have a hero, Wind Waker either, and Ganondorf didnt appear until Ocarina of time.
So yeah,if we go by available spots on the timeline, it's either the Sealing War, but that would strange since Link is supposed to be gone or the Hyrule unification War.

The graphics look like total shit, but I'll give it a chance. Hell, I'll do more than give it a chance. I KNOW I'll buy it.

Do the Dynasty Warriors games usually have voice acting in them, by the way? Could this be as good a reason as any for Nintendo to test the waters for voice acting?

Beth Cyra

Also after Pokemon Conquest, Koei probably wanted to do another Nintendo spinoff and Zelda worked. I think this game will be crap, but Nintendo shouldn't reject 3rd parties

I don't know. Omega Force can get it working if they want. DWG/GM3 runs pretty dang good for a DW game. So this one could turn out decent at least. I do agree that people shouldn't hold out hope on the Polys getting a boost though.

The graphics look like total shit, but I'll give it a chance. Hell, I'll do more than give it a chance. I KNOW I'll buy it.

Do the Dynasty Warriors games usually have voice acting in them, by the way? Could this be as good a reason as any for Nintendo to test the waters for voice acting?
Yep lots of VA.

Its certainly possible we will see the Zelda leads speak in this game.

Zelda covers West.
Dynasty Warriors covers East.

Kinda like MH4
Eh I don't know. All I can see this doing in the West is fool a bunch of Zelda fans into buying a game they're most likely gonna hate and possibly drive them off the franchise.

The choice of developing this cross-over just seems totally Japan-focused to me, like anything else Nintendo have been doing with the WiiU ever since its conception really (remaking WW out of all Zeldas, going with the 3D Land style with Mario WiiU since that is the best selling 3D Mario iteration in Japan, ...) Just seems so myopic to me. But whatever, I don't wanna turn this into another Wii U is doomed thread :/

Mecha

Are there traditionally multiplayer/co-op options in these games?

All of the recent games have online co-op, and there has been local co-op since the start of the series.

I believe they all have voice acting in cutscenes, I remember Gundam Musou 3 being a bit different though.

Fandangox

I can't help but find it amusing that Nintendo/Tecmo slaps a Zelda skin on a Dynasty Warriors game and the fanboys act as if it's the second coming.

Second coming? Who even said something similar?

I am pretty interested in what this could potentially do with the Zelda storyline as a spin off.

This would probably be a more dialogue/character focused take on story with Zelda characters. Musou games always have a lot of characters and they are voice acted, so this would probably be the first time Zelda characters have actual voiced lines, would be interesting to see how that is handled.

Plus also interested in seeing what changes they might do from the musou games.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Probably some like Masked Man salesman could be the neutral bystander, akin to that Ninja from samurai warriors whose name I always forget.
Happy Mask Salesman -> sells you masks that turn Link into other characters -> in-universe excuse to bring together characters from different Zelda games.

This is simply not true at all. Everyone agrees that MK and SSB and X are looking good.

This game simply looks bad, no way around it. Who knows, could end up being good. Right now, looks bad.

It is true. Remember Super Mario 3D World reveal? Or does all the crow need to be brought up again.

Gamers are a fickle bunch. I dont understand how people will be supportive of a Fire Emblem Musou but are so appalled by a Zelda one. I know Zelda is on some sacred pedestal to some people(me included) but I dont see whats wrong with a spin-off. If Mario can do everything from a platforming plumber to kart racer to a Doctor I dont see how Zelda can't diversify itself from a Strategy/Action Adventure RPG to a Hack-n-slash/Fighting game. Zelda involves sword fighting and magic, it practically lends itself to this type of game.

This game isn't meant to appeal to everyone and its obvious Nintendo doesn't mind catering to the more niche fanbases but dam its like everyone in this thread expects every game Nintendo puts out to cater to them. No matter what they choose to do its gonna be "Damned if you do Damned if you dont."

Fandangox

Happy Mask Salesman -> sells you masks that turn Link into other characters -> in-universe excuse to bring together characters from different games.

I can sort of see the masks being weapons, but I don't think any other Nintendo characters will be in the game, but who knows.

Beth Cyra

The most balling thing about this fucking game is Links model. Even though he looks like a little girl and shit.

Compared to the ape in your Pic maybe, outside of that I don't see how you can say Link looks like a little girl.

Do we say that Orlando Bloom in LOTR's looks like a little girl now or something?

Timmy00

This is simply not true at all. Everyone agrees that MK and SSB and X are looking good.

This game simply looks bad, no way around it. Who knows, could end up being good. Right now, looks bad.

Actually it is pretty true and I don't think the game looks bad, hell it looks pretty enjoyable to me. It's just that musou games aren't for everyone, it doesn't make automatically bad though.

Beth Cyra

Miyamoto has said that he never wants real speech in the Zelda games. It's not gonna happen, and I hope it never does.

Haha well Miyamoto better pay attention to what the director of the Franchise says he is looking into.

Even more so when he says flat out that said Director doesn't need Miy any more at this point.

I can't help but find it amusing that Nintendo/Koei slaps a Zelda skin on a Dynasty Warriors game and the fanboys act as if it's the second coming. C'mon guys, Nintendo can do a lot better than this.

I mean, genuine question, do you need photographic evidence that I like Musou games? What about this?

Vx7zFCR.png

Do I pass your test?

Greenzxy

Compared to the ape in your Pic maybe, outside of that I don't see how you can say Link looks like a little girl.

Do we say that Orlando Bloom in LOTR's looks like a little girl now or something?

C'mon now, don't say that to my boy Ryu, that man is slick.

But, you're saying this doesn't look feminine to you:

Flid8hI.jpg

Exr

I think it's more emblematic of the greater problem of most people considering games to be shit before they play them. Have you played a Dynasty Warriors?

DoubleTap

It is true. Remember Super Mario 3D World reveal? Or does all the crow need to be brought up again.

Gamers are a fickle bunch. I dont understand how people will be supportive of a Fire Emblem Musou but are so appalled by a Zelda one. I know Zelda is on some sacred pedestal to some people(me included) but I dont see whats wrong with a spin-off. If Mario can do everything from a platforming plumber to kart racer to a Doctor I dont see how Zelda can't diversify itself from a Strategy/Action Adventure RPG to a Hack-n-slash/Fighting game. Zelda involves sword fighting and magic, it practically lends itself to this type of game.

This game isn't meant to appeal to everyone and its obvious Nintendo doesn't mind catering to the more niche fanbases but dam its like everyone in this thread expects every game Nintendo puts out to cater to them. No matter what they choose to do its gonna be "Damned if you do Damned if you dont."

GTFO of this thread. You make too much sense and lack any drama.

TreIII

If we go by the graphics, it seem to be set in the period either before or after Skyward Sword. Maybe the war that lead to Skyward Sword Sky city? The big battle with Desmise. I could see that. A link to the past intro didnt have a hero, Wind Waker either, and Ganondorf didnt appear until Ocarina of time.
So yeah,if we go by available spots on the timeline, it's either the Sealing War, but that would strange since Link is supposed to be gone or the Hyrule unification War.

I think it would be safe to say that ALTTP's intro has been retconned quite a bit, in light of new games. And they'll probably feel free to change up as much as they want if ALBW is anything to go by.

But in any case, assuming this game is meant to fit into the timeline somewhere, I'd imagine that the Imprisoning War would probably be the most opportune time for it make "sense" in the context of an actual war and also possibly have some interaction from favorite characters from OoT.

But in all seriousness, I'm just thinking that this will be just like the Orochi series and timetravel will be the ultimate handwave necessary to have favorite Zelda series characters interacting and fighting alongside each other. At least it helps that timetravel is already a healthy part of this series' narrative!

Beth Cyra

C'mon now, don't say that to my boy Ryu, that man is slick.

But, you're saying this doesn't look feminine to you:

Flid8hI.jpg

Feminine? Sure it does. Any more so then several male models I've seen? Nah, and certainly not on the level of a little girl.

You really think that the new director is not going to respect his wishes?

It was Aonuma himself that said it. If he wants voice acting in Zelda, it will happen.

Mariolee

Gonna bet with the Hyrulian guards and Hyrule castle that it will be the Unification War.

Top Bottom