• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I <3 This DS Case.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
ds_case3.jpg

ds_case2.jpg

ds_case1.jpg

Generally I hate most third-party stuff, but this little $8 Wal-mart case has proven itself in the past half a year or so I've owned my DS. Holds 8 DS cards, I have my power adaptor in the back pouch, along with some LCD screen wipes, a full-sized stylus/pen, and room left to shove about three GBA games back there. I was even able to find one to match my incredibly rare blue DS. It get chucked around and inside a backpack on a daily basis and has kept the system in good shape, it can even hold an SP instead of the DS. Probably the best thing is that the case isn't much bigger than the DS itself.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I've been in the market for a DS case that is somewhat small. The ones I've seen are too big and clunky, lowering the portability factor. I'm also looking for a case that can hold a good amount of games. I don't see why it's so hard... the carts are tiny.

This case looks like it may be just what I need. It's Walmart-exclusive? :( There isn't really a Walmart close to me. Crazy to think that in Los Angeles you can't find a Walmart, but there's a Frys around every corner practically.

tedtropy

StrikerObi said:
This is the standard officially licensed DS case from ALS. You can get it pretty much anywhere.

Cool. I'd suggest you pick it up away from the taint of Sam Walton, as it really is a nice case.

Lee N

Membre
That is not a third party case, it's made by RDS Industries and it's officially licensed by Nintendo.

I have two of this case myself and I do indeed like them. Very compact and yet spacious enough for a DS with plenty of games and peripherals.

tedtropy

A_Lee_N said:
That is not a third party case, it's made by RDS Industries and it's officially licensed by Nintendo.

I have two of this case myself and I do indeed like them. Very compact and yet spacious enough for a DS with plenty of games and peripherals.

Ah, I guess I say that because it's not made directly by Nintendo, just with their endorsement. I suppose it's technically a second-party case.

tedtropy

BobJustBob said:
Yeah, I've got this same case, and it's great. I wish it held more games though.

If you really need to squeeze more games in it, you can easily double-stack games in the little storage spots. With one game already in the DS, that'd make a total of 17 cards. If you still need to throw more in there you could just throw some loose cards in the back storage spot.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Blue Dual Screens are rare? I got one for Christmas...I was expecting the ugly Red one from the Mario Kart bundle, 'twas a nice surprise.

tedtropy

Thaedolus said:
Blue Dual Screens are rare? I got one for Christmas...I was expecting the ugly Red one from the Mario Kart bundle, 'twas a nice surprise.

Nah, sarcasm directed towards how fricken' limited the US color choices are. At least you can get a red one now, I suppose.

Wow, sweet. I guess that also solves the problem of the elastic becoming more loose over time. Not tight enough? Cram in another game!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I thought you were going to post some shitty Intec case..... but you posted mine! Yes, it is the best case (and I always prefer the case with official branding. Call me a whore.)

I bought a silver one for my silver DS, and a red one for my girlfirend and her Mario Kart Red DS. Perfect :D

Lee N

Membre
BobJustBob said:
Wow, sweet. I guess that also solves the problem of the elastic becoming more loose over time. Not tight enough? Cram in another game!

It's all about dynamics! ;)

.. I don't think I'll be able to fit 4 in there though. :p

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
zackattack said:
Cool case, how many gba games fit in that pocket?
On the flipside, I'd hate to lose that case with all my loot in it.

I have five in there right now, but I'm sure you could squeeze in more like 8 or 9 without doing any damage.

I don't have a case for my DS itself, but I did get something to hold all of the games I have been buying. Naruto fans will recognize it :)

78400060_78eed08cee.jpg

78400062_6695399322.jpg

It has quite a bit of room in there and is holding about 10 DS games and 1 GBA game.

WindyMan

This is easily the best DS case out there. I just picked it up without even thinking about it, but it's been doing well for me. You can pack a lot of stuff in there. The logo tag works perfectly as a stylus holder even though it wasn't designed that way.

If you need a DS case, this is it.

tedtropy

zackattack said:
Cool case, how many gba games fit in that pocket?
On the flipside, I'd hate to lose that case with all my loot in it.

Yeah, one of the definite downsides to any carrying case is it affords the ability to lose your entire system collection in one fail swoop. But what's the point of having a portable system if I don't have all its assorted crap with me? I generally keep the case inside my backpack, which is on or near my person at all times.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
For some reason I am not a huge fan of the case, though I do agree it's the best (and also what I use). I guess I am a sucker for those elegant cases. This one is elegant in regards to the DS and 8 DS games, but that back pouch is just a mess.

FWIW I usually use the back pouch to carry the AC adapter (a must) and maybe a half dozen or so GBA games.

Still looking for a good PSP case (the one that ships with it is super gay).

tedtropy

bune duggy said:
ds_case1.jpg

I have that exact pen, works great as a stylus. and are those condoms? :lol

Hah, no, they're little LCD screen wipes. Besides, nobody's getting laid with a Nintendo DS near them, AMIRITE. Those I keep in the PSP case. :D

Lee N

Membre
StRaNgE said:
How the hell did you do that?

i keep trying to stack two in one and it just spits the second one back out at me.

.. I find this lack of determination disturbing. ;)

On a more serious note, the elastic part gets more flexible over time.

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
I just want a case to hold the games, as small as possible, and capable of holding about 20 games. I have this, and it's too fat to carry well in my laptop bag.

tedtropy

Musashi Wins! said:
I want this case. so I can get it anywhere, yes?

Pretty much. May find it cheapest at Wal-fart, but it's likely at your local EB or Gamestop as well.

mosaic

go eat paint
Picked the "tedtropy" case (ALS Industries NDS14) and I gotta say, I love it!

I like small, useful cases for my systems. Something to lug around a system and a few games... ya know... for everyday use or to throw in my laptop bag or luggage when I travel. I adore the Headbanger PSP case for similar reasons.

Right now, I've got my DS, 6 DS games, and 4 GBA games in that sucker... and plenty of room for the AC adapter. I can't believe how small it is, and yet how much it'll lug. Only drawback is, it kinda looks like a purse. Wonder if I ought to throw a tampon in there for kicks.

Better get 'em while they're around ... I think they've been discontinued. Not many places online have it. Hunted around all over town for it; found one at Circuit City (in red). Oddly enough, their online site said that store didn't have any.

ikalugar

Yeah, I have the case that tedropy has, bought it for like 3.99 during some sale at EB, excellent deal, and I love the case. It has just the right amount of game slots for the amount I like to carry with me. I need to get something similar for my PSP too, any suggestions?

Whoa, awesome. I have the compact, firm GameStop case. Has 3 slots for DS games, and 2 for GBA games, making for 5 DS games. Then I can sneak a bunch more in the back, but they are pretty loose.

I need one of these.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I found it at Circuit City too. Very nice case. Seemed like they were getting rid of them all so it was on the discount rack.

tedtropy

mosaic said:
Picked the "tedtropy" case (ALS Industries NDS14) and I gotta say, I love it!

I like small, useful cases for my systems. Something to lug around a system and a few games... ya know... for everyday use or to throw in my laptop bag or luggage when I travel. I adore the Headbanger PSP case for similar reasons.

Right now, I've got my DS, 6 DS games, and 4 GBA games in that sucker... and plenty of room for the AC adapter. I can't believe how small it is, and yet how much it'll lug. Only drawback is, it kinda looks like a purse. Wonder if I ought to throw a tampon in there for kicks.

Better get 'em while they're around ... I think they've been discontinued. Not many places online have it. Hunted around all over town for it; found one at Circuit City (in red). Oddly enough, their online site said that store didn't have any.

Damn, I may have to pickup a few "spares" if I can find them. They'd make great gifts for friends that already own a DS.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Thanks to this thread and me going to a Best Buy that is less-populated (that was the problem, all my other Best Buys were sold out of this case, and this store only had 1 left), I picked one up a week ago. I'm happy with it so far. Tedtropy case for President!

bumpkin

That's the same case -- color and all -- that I gave my fiance for Christmas. 'Tis a great little case. I personally have the next model up in that line; holds 9 games, has space for stylii and the charger.

nintendo-nds15.jpg

tedtropy said:
Hah, no, they're little LCD screen wipes. Besides, nobody's getting laid with a Nintendo DS near them, AMIRITE. Those I keep in the PSP case. :D
I was just going to mention how much game you must have (bad pun, I know :) ).

Top Bottom