• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I <3 This DS Case.

Dragmire

Are there any good game holders? I want to be able to put the DS and games in my pockets. But the plastic sandwich bags that my cheap ass uses to hold games in keep ripping, and of course there's no organization. I'd like a compact game holder that's cheap and holds more than a few, but I haven't seen one.

Mashing

The problem with double and triple stacking is that if you carelessly take out one of the games te other two will probalby come flying back out. But I guess the keyword here is carelessly.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Mashing said:
The problem with double and triple stacking is that if you carelessly take out one of the games te other two will probalby come flying back out. But I guess the keyword here is carelessly.

I don't own enough DS games to actually need to double-stack them just yet, but it's nice to know I can as I inevitably sell more of my soul to Nintendo.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yeah, I have this official case as well. Pretty sure the Nintendo World store has all of the colors. It's a great little case, and g-ddamn, I have like 20 games in the back pocket, I really should have thought of double and triple stacking!!

I didn't see the case the OP mentioned at gamestop, but I got a game-only case instead:
ds1.jpg
ds2.jpg
ds3.jpg

Seems good so far, and I don't think I'll ever need much more space than that. The bottom right next to GBA is for extra battery, there's also a screwdriver and spare stylus slot. $7.99. Better than carrying 8 ds boxes around for sure.

EDIT: This shit's falling open already hahaha. Stupid Intec. I'll still use it though, since it's just going in my backpack.

EDIT2: I think it's jsut easier to open without using the tab, however the DS game int he top corner sometimes falls out when you close it :\

tedtropy

zackattack said:
I didn't see the case the OP mentioned at gamestop, but I got a game-only case instead:
ds1.jpg
ds2.jpg
ds3.jpg

Seems good so far, and I don't think I'll ever need much more space than that. The bottom right next to GBA is for extra battery, there's also a screwdriver and spare stylus slot. $7.99. Better than carrying 8 ds boxes around for sure.

EDIT: This shit's falling open already hahaha. Stupid Intec. I'll still use it though, since it's just going in my backpack.

EDIT2: I think it's jsut easier to open without using the tab, however the DS game int he top corner sometimes falls out when you close it :\

Pfft, drop that crap and upgrade to TEH GREATEST DS CASE EVER.

Quake1028

StrikerObi said:
This is the standard officially licensed DS case from ALS. You can get it pretty much anywhere.

Yep, I have the blue one also, and it rules. Circuit City had these on sale a few weeks ago for $4.99.

ElfoMan

This is what I use:
dscase0bn.jpg

Fits 6 games in the holders, charger (tightly) or gba games in the net. I have it since launch and has worked perfectly. It has a nice velcro strap in the back so you could put trough your belt or attach it to a backpack. It also has that clip so that you could also hang it maybe to your keychain or whatever :p

edit: the DS doesn't stick out, I just pulled it out a little to show the size of the case, the upper right pic shows the case completely closed.

tedtropy

renvi said:
This is what I am getting.

9999707.jpg

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the cases that involve playing the system through them. I want to be able to take the system out and play it as intended. I suppose it depends on how you treat your stuff.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How come I've never seen the following case mentioned even though it was supposed to come out in Japan more than a month ago? It's a case that looks like a mini DS, holds two DS games each, comes in three different colours and is sold for 819 Yen. The bottom screen is the art from one of the DS games you insert into the case.

goods67_2.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/hardware/l_goods/goods67.html

M3wThr33

Banned
Fuzzy said:
How come I've never seen the following case mentioned even though it was supposed to come out in Japan more than a month ago? It's a case that looks like a mini DS, holds two DS games each, comes in three different colours and is sold for 819 Yen. The bottom screen is the art from one of the DS games you insert into the case.

goods67_2.jpg

I would buy those just to pretend I have the new DS.

Fuzzy said:

goods67_2.jpg

Those are fucking rad!!! How can I get some?

sgt

sgt said:
Woah.. Which sites are selling these? Lik Sang doesn't seem to have them. A white one would be perfect for my fiances candy pink DS.

Nor Lik-Sang nor Play-Asia nor YesAsia have these sexy leather~cases.
Let's try to email them asking if they can add this stuff to their online shop ASAP! :lol
I've found only DS BOOK Cover Cases from an eBay seller (ace of bicycle) but at a damn high price (25$ each one + shipping):

http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-DS-NDS...ryZ49230QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-DS-NDS...ryZ49230QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sgt said:
Thanks! Hopefully he'll have the white/pink ones up sometime.

Why don't you try to e-mail Liksang or PlayAsia customer care?? It should be easy for you than me, because english is your default language! I'm from Italy :D

Helznicht

Damn those light blue DS' are hawt. Is that the same one in the Nintendogs bundle?

Yes, but they are more teal than blue, and yes they are hawt. It was the color that spured my on the whim purchase. :)

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I wish there were some sort of magic DS game case that held like 20 of them. I can't believe I have this many DS games :eek:. I'm always worried that I'm going to lose one of them as I just have them tossed into a subpocket of my backpack at the moment.

tedtropy said:
ds_case3.jpg

ds_case2.jpg

ds_case1.jpg

Generally I hate most third-party stuff, but this little $8 Wal-mart case has proven itself in the past half a year or so I've owned my DS. Holds 8 DS cards, I have my power adaptor in the back pouch, along with some LCD screen wipes, a full-sized stylus/pen, and room left to shove about three GBA games back there. I was even able to find one to match my incredibly rare blue DS. It get chucked around and inside a backpack on a daily basis and has kept the system in good shape, it can even hold an SP instead of the DS. Probably the best thing is that the case isn't much bigger than the DS itself.
This is the one I have too. It's awesome. In addition to holding the system and my games, it has room for my AC Adapter, a spare stylus, and a couple of GBA games. I absolutely love it!

BTW, I got mine from Circuit City, if anyone is still on the lookout for it.

Koomaster

This thread made me sad for the longest time since I thought they were discontinued since I never saw them ANYWHERE in my town. Then last night Best Buy had a stock of them just sitting there. The red one is nifty!

Best. DS. Case. Evar! It's true! :D

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
An Altoids tin, properly cleaned, works quite well for carrying about DS carts... or so I'd imagine. I use one to transport my spare SD memory cards, mini SD ThumbDrive adaptor, and that bizarre "flexi-stylus" I won from that one website we have all been winning them from.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
DavidDayton said:
An Altoids tin, properly cleaned, works quite well for carrying about DS carts... or so I'd imagine. I use one to transport my spare SD memory cards, mini SD ThumbDrive adaptor, and that bizarre "flexi-stylus" I won from that one website we have all been winning them from.
http://www.comfortstylus.com/ :)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
If I get bored enough, I might try figuring out how to use that "Comfort Stylus" -- so far I haven't, and just looking at it annoys me.

Top Bottom