• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I agreed to a third baby

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I hate when people throw these figures out there. Reminding me how much my own kid costs as if that would influence my decision AT ALL.

Adding to the family is not that much more expensive after the first kid. Plus, I feel like these numbers are always massively inflated. 230,000 over 17 years? That’s $1.000 a month. Who the hell spends that much on one kid?? Both of my kids combined doesn't cost me even close to that and we live in a 4,000 sq ft house.
They consider also increased requirement for housing, yet you wouldn't typically see your rent / the price of your home cost of the child.

she's been pressing hard
Good exercise for later.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
They consider also increased requirement for housing, yet you wouldn't typically see your rent / the price of your home cost of the child.

I still don’t understand the point in bringing it up. Unless you are trailer park trash that relies on welfare for everything, you already know kids cost money. It’s almost as if people bring it up to remind THEMSELVES not to have kids because they cost money.

So you want to be like my friend Jimmy who hates the thought of being a father and own a home outright by the time you’re 40 and travel the world in the meantime. Fine. You do you.

I on the other hand may have to put off the bucket list for about 20 years. But, the difference is I’ll have my grown children to accomplish said list with me and when I’m old and grey, I won’t be totally alone and have no one I know to take care of me.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

They say there’s no toll on the father but each child is actually you tearing off a piece of your soul and giving it to someone else.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I still don’t understand the point in bringing it up. Unless you are trailer park trash that relies on welfare for everything, you already know kids cost money. It’s almost as if people bring it up to remind THEMSELVES not to have kids because they cost money.

So you want to be like my friend Jimmy who hates the thought of being a father and own a home outright by the time you’re 40 and travel the world in the meantime. Fine. You do you.

I on the other hand may have to put off the bucket list for about years. But, the difference is I’ll have my grown children to accomplish said list with me and when I’m old and grey, I won’t be totally alone and have no one I know to take care of me.
Fully agreed. Raising children is one of the greatest joys in life. I just wanted to say why the number is so high. Our son brings us so much pleasure, I would never want to exchange that for any amount of money.

eot

Banned
Kids sound like literal hell on earth to me

No thanks, I would honestly kill myself from having to deal with them

Barnabot

"There's nothing more profound and of lasting consequence than the decision to have a child." - James Redmond (The Blacklist).

Elcid

Banned
Thanks to all the well wishes and whoever gifted me a gold! Honestly I don't think we're supposed to be nutting multiple times a day at the old age of 31. I'm sooo tired and drained (literally). I'm excited and yet dreading a 3rd.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
3 kids isn't for everyone, OP you have to respond with excitement and tell your wife you'll be there for the kid! You should be excited, 3 kids will be a good look.

Elcid

Banned
3 kids isn't for everyone, OP you have to respond with excitement and tell your wife you'll be there for the kid! You should be excited, 3 kids will be a good look.
I'll go for the 4th eventually. She knows I'm all about my kidlins so I'm not worried. I will admit though the first year (and the entire pregnancy delivery period) is literally killer on my mental health.

Elcid

Banned
I have two and I'm always tired. One of them is a fucking adventurer. Wanting to jump off shit like it's nothing (he's 1.5 years-old).

We have three under 3.

One almost 3, one almost 2 and a one month old

Getting them down for naps is a nightmare.

But all worth it in the end

Elcid

Banned
Is that a white baby?
I'm an ethnic jew, so technically no.
They say there’s no toll on the father but each child is actually you tearing off a piece of your soul and giving it to someone else.
My daughter took my hair. As mine receded, hers grew in, for real too. It grew back to front for her while mine receded the opposite way!
Fully agreed. Raising children is one of the greatest joys in life. I just wanted to say why the number is so high. Our son brings us so much pleasure, I would never want to exchange that for any amount of money.
Hands down. I wouldn't trade my kids for anything in the world.
Kids sound like literal hell on earth to me

No thanks, I would honestly kill myself from having to deal with them
You're missing out bro.
Ι don't even have the balls for one.
Not sure if literal or metaphorical...

We have three under 3.

One almost 3, one almost 2 and a one month old

Getting them down for naps is a nightmare.

But all worth it in the end
Totes worth it but man that must be rough.
I felt the same way with my first child. It felt so....clinical....like I was was being used.
Women just use us, my wife has literally been forcing me! We need a hashtag movement.

Elcid

Banned
Why is “Jew” not considered white, honest question.
Depends on who you ask. Most Jewish don't consider themselves white and most europeans don't consider them white either. Just like most Dominicans don't consider themselves black and some hispanics do/don't consider themselves white depending on which area they're from.

Christopher

Depends on who you ask. Most Jewish don't consider themselves white and most europeans don't consider them white either. Just like most Dominicans don't consider themselves black and some hispanics do/don't consider themselves white depending on which area they're from.

Ok just was wondering.

My kids are half Italian and Puerto Rican and get mistaken for white almost ALL the time

Elcid

Banned
Ok just was wondering.

My kids are half Italian and Puerto Rican and get mistaken for white almost ALL the time
While their skin may be white, they're Latino. Make sure they know that, they qualify for scholarships because of that.

Last edited:

Thurible

Thanks guys!

I have a boy and girl so either or will be great. If it's a boy Leon, and if it's a girl Rose.
Those are great names! I like the name Rose, it seems pretty feminine. Flowers are so beautiful, yet fragile, there is a sort of natural grace to them. Leon sounds strong, like a lion! A very masculine name :).

Have you told your son and daughter that they are going to be a big brother and sister yet?

God bless you and your family!

Elcid

Banned
Those are great names! I like the name Rose, it seems pretty feminine. Flowers are so beautiful, yet fragile, there is a sort of natural grace to them. Leon sounds strong, like a lion! A very masculine name :).

Have you told your son and daughter that they are going to be a big brother and sister yet?

God bless you and your family!
Thank you! I think so as well. My daughter is also named after a flower. As for the blessings, I wish the same to you and yours. Yes my daughter is super excited (she's about to be 5) but my son (almost 3) doesn't quite grasp it yet, but he wants a baby brother.

Yugrio1212

I dunno, my son turned 4 two months after my daughter was born and he hasn't helped with shit! Not once did he get up in the middle of the night to comfort the little screecher or change a diaper. They sleep in the same room and I'm pretty sure he's telling her super hilarious baby jokes or something because she always spends like 30 minutes laughing before she goes to bed now :p Daughter is turning 2 in a few weeks and I definitely can't imagine our family feeling complete without her, but having a third will never happen. At least not with me as the Dad. We constantly feel stretched to our limits and like we don't have enough attention to give either of them now. Maybe it's easier when the age gap is wider, but then I also don't want to be on the hook for paying for college until I'm 65 :p
lol!

Top Bottom