• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I always underestimate how much of a difference a healthy lifestyle makes.

I have been the same height, weight, fitness since the end of high school and I'm now 42 years old. It sometimes feels like everybody around me is aging but I'm frozen in time.

Luke-01.jpg
I've had people come into the bar I bartend that I remember from high school and I can't believe how poorly some of them are aging. Most just stopped caring and let themselves go and then fall into bad diet and drinking habits.

Girl I knew came in and said, "Damn, you are aging like a fine wine, what's the secret?"

uhh... I don't drink, eat right, work out. Not much to it.

It's even funnier too because if they had seen me even 1.5 years ago they would have just said that aging sucks and there's nothing we can do about it.

NeoGiffer

I used to be pretty in shape and more than that, just plain healthy. Ate very very clean, exercised regularly, got lots of sleep, etc.

I got married and just slowly slid into a horribly unhealthy lifestyle. Gained a ton of weight, mental health got worse, work got harder.

I'm only like a week into eating super clean again and wow, I forgot just how much better you feel physically and mentally! And I know it's just the beginning. The scales have fallen from my eyes.

8gjo6l.jpg

a145b4c0c7a32b0b153fa6c279bc00d9.gif

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I feel this my mental health gets worse the worse shape I’m in. So I’m working on getting in better shape etc and eating healthier. That doesn’t mean I don’t eat chocolate etc. I am now limiting it but still having it.

But yeah. After eating crap for a while I feel sluggish and loathed and brain fog eating right gives me energy etc
It’s difficult at times. But I need to lose some weight im nearing 50 and I want to be around for my kids.

i need to be more consistent with exercise.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I feel this my mental health gets worse the worse shape I’m in. So I’m working on getting in better shape etc and eating healthier. That doesn’t mean I don’t eat chocolate etc. I am now limiting it but still having it.

But yeah. After eating crap for a while I feel sluggish and loathed and brain fog eating right gives me energy etc
It’s difficult at times. But I need to lose some weight im nearing 50 and I want to be around for my kids.

i need to be more consistent with exercise.

Hershey's cocoa powder (or any cocoa powder) doesn't have calories u can mix that up in smoothies or drinks for the chocolate taste

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Hershey's cocoa powder (or any cocoa powder) doesn't have calories u can mix that up in smoothies or drinks for the chocolate taste
Awesome thank you for this Inof. I will use nesquick. We don’t get hersheys here. Plus. I don’t like the taste of it.

Actually if I only had the choice of hersheys I would never eat chocolate so maybe I should do that lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It does have 10 calories per tbsp, but that's honestly pretty low for chocolate. The big benefit of the powder is that it doesn't have the added sugar or high fat that most pre-made chocolate things in America do. The flip side to that is that if you're used to American chocolate, this is going to taste extremely bitter. In fact, most recipes (brownies, etc) that use is call for massive amounts of sugar and oil to counteract this.

Like you said, mixing this in something like a healthy smoothie is the way to go.

Top Bottom