• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am so tired of the whole 30 fps this 60fps that discussion. You all lost the sight on what really matters and it's ruining console gaming

yamaci17

When I see a movie or animated show on my TV, the movement does look blurry when things are panning really fast, but it still looks really smooth. When a game does it it looks choppy as hell, and I hate it, FFXVI being a prime example.
your tv most likely uses some kind of soap opera effect for movies. panning in 24 fps movies are also juddery but some tv techs can mitigate that

Minsc

Gold Member
your tv most likely uses some kind of soap opera effect for movies. panning in 24 fps movies are also juddery but some tv techs can mitigate that

I think most new sets do that disgusting soap opera effect where it looks like 60fps from 24fps content by default, I have it down the minimum setting so it smooths it the tinniest bit which I find helps in animation mostly, but it still has the look of a 24fps movie not a 60fps where the motion looks too fast.

The Stig

I totally understand your points, OP. I would also say that I cannot say you are wrong.

I just prefer FPS over a little fidelity. Not in all cases though.

I prefer 60fps:

First person shooter
3rd person adventure/action
Racing games

30fps/inconsistent:

RTS,
Turn based strategy
Maybe RPGs, depending on how action heavy they are

I really think certain genres are much more fun to play with a higher frame rate, but its not always necessary. I'm sure someone has already typed pretty much exactly this. We dont have to fight.

Top Bottom