• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Appreciate This Board and The People

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
... well the ones I've interacted with, for the most part.

I have been on this board for a little over a year as a member. I had a rough start here as I got used to interacting with folks. Some folks are no longer here (and that's for the better) and I've put ONE person on ignore. The politics section can get rough and most people have a clear set line when it comes to their politics. Sometimes it perplexes me and I get in my feelings but as long as there's no personal or out and out disrespect, I can handle it now.

That said... I appreciate the ability to ACTUALLY have my own opinion and not be flamed for it. Sure there's SOME pushback but when I can substantiate my POV, I enjoy some actual conversation. I feel that I bring my own views as an independent former voter who's voted for both parties. Who owns a Switch and looks forward to the other consoles even though I probably won't be able to buy them (still want them, though).

I guess what I'm trying to say is... EviLore EviLore has a good thing going here. Each forum is full of a wide variety of opinions and personalities. Even the $#!+ Posters can be funny and offer an actual POV or point of interest or new information.

There are some genuinely good people here... And when I put up my GoFundMe, I was surprised at the number of people who donated. Even some I disagreed with because they saw the value in what me and my team are trying to achieve. Y'all have NO idea how much that meant to me! Even though we haven't met our goal, what y'all did will FOREVER endear me to y'all!

I was even gifted some NeoGAF gold by DeepEnigma DeepEnigma ... Just because ... I forgot what he Said but I remember it was nice and made me feel like an actual member.

Unlike ANOTHER forum (no, not that one), I actually feel WELCOMED here... Even with my weirding ways (LOL! I loved that Dune miniseries). I didn't have to prove I was down with any type of ideology or thinking. I'm me and I'm welcome to BE me here.

This is the way.

This is the way.

614de537ea516c274f9c95e722fbf9d5.gif

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Glad you feel welcome on GAF, DT. Over the past year the forum culture has improved, broadening and striking a good balance between shitposting and serious posting, and on an individual level your debate skills have refined too. It's something most people are not equipped with in the social media age, where everyone is impulse-reacting and counter-reacting endlessly, but you've been keeping it cool, keeping an open mind, and supporting your arguments. It's great to have you around.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think we've disagreed on a few things, but I've always enjoyed reading your posts, DT. Glad you're here!

MetalAlien

Banned
I started lurking around 06 and 06-10 were pretty similar to now
That is fair. I always remember gaf having a chip on it's shoulder but maybe that was me.

EDIT Oh I got one better. Your boos mean nothing i've seen what you applaud.
I know you are not booing

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Man... THANK you! I'm humbled again! You and DeepEnigma DeepEnigma ...

*Bows*

I didn't think it would have that much of an impact, but it feels good that it did. The gift is always in giving.

There are not many places left on the internet like this one, and day by day it gets smaller and smaller. This place to me, is GAF gold in a sea of aluminum.

It's my way of giving back to those that make this community great, and having a place where we can discuss our ideas and learn from one another. You're a humble person, DeafTourette DeafTourette , and I will always respect that quality. Seeing others display that and surrounding yourself with them (in this case, reading posts from those in our community) is a great constant lesson, one where I sometimes find myself having to relearn, periodically.

Always stay learning.

lock2k

Banned
... well the ones I've interacted with, for the most part.

I have been on this board for a little over a year as a member. I had a rough start here as I got used to interacting with folks. Some folks are no longer here (and that's for the better) and I've put ONE person on ignore. The politics section can get rough and most people have a clear set line when it comes to their politics. Sometimes it perplexes me and I get in my feelings but as long as there's no personal or out and out disrespect, I can handle it now.

That said... I appreciate the ability to ACTUALLY have my own opinion and not be flamed for it. Sure there's SOME pushback but when I can substantiate my POV, I enjoy some actual conversation. I feel that I bring my own views as an independent former voter who's voted for both parties. Who owns a Switch and looks forward to the other consoles even though I probably won't be able to buy them (still want them, though).

I guess what I'm trying to say is... EviLore EviLore has a good thing going here. Each forum is full of a wide variety of opinions and personalities. Even the $#!+ Posters can be funny and offer an actual POV or point of interest or new information.

There are some genuinely good people here... And when I put up my GoFundMe, I was surprised at the number of people who donated. Even some I disagreed with because they saw the value in what me and my team are trying to achieve. Y'all have NO idea how much that meant to me! Even though we haven't met our goal, what y'all did will FOREVER endear me to y'all!

I was even gifted some NeoGAF gold by DeepEnigma DeepEnigma ... Just because ... I forgot what he Said but I remember it was nice and made me feel like an actual member.

Unlike ANOTHER forum (no, not that one), I actually feel WELCOMED here... Even with my weirding ways (LOL! I loved that Dune miniseries). I didn't have to prove I was down with any type of ideology or thinking. I'm me and I'm welcome to BE me here.

This is the way.
That's so cool. This is a cool community for sure!!

CloudNull

Banned
I have been lurking since before the split. Even left to lurk the dark side until they turned on Rogan and Musk. Came back here to find it was quite cozy. I never left, created an account and now I spend way too much time here.

Sorry I ever left gaf. By far my favorite site on the web.

BigBooper

I'm glad you're here. Even though I've disagreed in some of your topics, you put care into them and I appreciate that. You get discussions started.

Glad to have you here. I haven't been on gaf long but I really like this forum. It's always great to participate in all sorts of interesting discussions. Sure there are some trolls and people that derail topics but it's pretty minor compared to some other sites that I visit.

Glad you feel welcome on GAF, DT. Over the past year the forum culture has improved, broadening and striking a good balance between shitposting and serious posting, ......
I am glad you are allowing this here..
I know it's sometimes a bit much, but on the other side it gives this place that feeling of being at home sitting on the couch with your weed smoking pals watching bad movies.

So, huge thanks for enduring the bad times and keeping the doors open for us returners...

Papa

Banned
I am glad you are allowing this here..
I know it's sometimes a bit much, but on the other side it gives this place that feeling of being at home sitting on the couch with your weed smoking pals watching bad movies.

So, huge thanks for enduring the bad times and keeping the doors open for us returners...

I honestly don’t blame people for leaving and following the crowd to Ree. The place was dead for months and Ree was a big party at the beginning from the sounds of it. It’s the ones that knocked over the proverbial magazine rack on the way out then return without so much as a sorry that I like to pick on. The legacyzero narcissist types.

pramod

Banned
All I know is that this board and the "other" board's traffic trends are heading in opposite directions.

I love reading the opinions of everyone on every topic I open. It doesn't matter if I agree with them or not. I think any forum - digital or otherwise - is far more interesting when censorship of expression is limited. Let it all flow. (Sometimes I do think that some bans I've seen are unnecessary, but it's not my forum. I would be very reluctant to ban anyone - just for spam or outright hate.)

But yeah, gaf is great.

Ememee

Was never on the Ree board, but unsurprisingly there’s a lot of forums similarly out there that are overtly biased, overtly stifling, and just echo chambers of majority thought. Tldr: this place is a safe haven for discussion online compared to most places.

Top Bottom