• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I are serious fox (post pics of funny animals)

soepje

^^ Sweet.

II94g.gif

Lirlond

don't people with OCD usually obsess over cleanliness?
Would be pretty hilarious if someone with ocd HAD TO roll around in a puddle of mud every time they saw one :D

Nah OCD is like, you have to follow certain rituals. You see a puddle? You obessively need to jump three times and then turn. It's not just being super clean.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
don't people with OCD usually obsess over cleanliness?
Would be pretty hilarious if someone with ocd HAD TO roll around in a puddle of mud every time they saw one :D

A lot people that have OCD have to do things in numbers or redo things because it didn't feel "right" the first time. It's not a fun thing to have :(

Why do you want me to stop posting and to slap me?

because you're being extremely silly. first off the simplest explanation is usually the truth. suggesting that a child may have a serious behavioural disorder because they like jumping in puddles (like every single kid in the history of the world ever) isn't clever, it's alarmist and foolish.

secondly, this whole "let's all wring our hands in distress over all the poor OCDs out there" is spectacularly condescending. the last thing you want if you genuinely suffer from a social disorder is to have everyone watching you like a hawk so they can cluck and coo in sympathy when you do anything which might be remotely symptomatic of your disorder.

lastly, your extremely superficial explanation of what OCD involves does far more to cloud understanding of the condition than to assist it. so please stop posting about it so we can all get back to laughing at cute animals instead.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
because you're being extremely silly. first off the simplest explanation is usually the truth. suggesting that a child may have a serious behavioural disorder because they like jumping in puddles (like every single kid in the history of the world ever) isn't clever, it's alarmist and foolish.

secondly, this whole "let's all wring our hands in distress over all the poor OCDs out there" is spectacularly condescending. the last thing you want if you genuinely suffer from a social disorder is to have everyone watching you like a hawk so they can cluck and coo in sympathy when you do anything which might be remotely symptomatic of your disorder.

lastly, your extremely superficial explanation of what OCD involves does far more to cloud understanding of the condition than to assist it. so please stop posting about it so we can all get back to laughing at cute animals instead.

I was trying to explain that OCD is more than just being worried over cleanliness. I've suffered from it for most of my life. I didn't mention it again, you are.

Top Bottom