• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i bought a vita

teezzy

Banned
I don't think the Vita library on it's own is great tbh. The hardware itself is amazing though and the real value is in modding it. Replaying classic stuff, especially PS1 games, on Vita is fucking

perfect-muah.gif

Maybe I should've gotten the OLED... hmmm

Bakkus

Why would you want one at this point in time? All the indie games are on Steam (which means you can soon play all of them in handheld mode anyways). And all it's first party games has by now been ported to the PS4 ages ago.

teezzy

Banned
Why would you want one at this point in time? All the indie games are on Steam (which means you can soon play all of them in handheld mode anyways). And all it's first party games has by now been ported to the PS4 ages ago.

Ps1 on the go with dual analog

I don’t know if it was my vita or psp,I haven’t played them for yrs,I looked at the back and the battery was bulging that it popped the case off.

smbu2000

Maybe I should've gotten the OLED... hmmm
I don't really think the OLED model is better than the LCD. Ergonomics-wise, I find the LCD model much better/easier to use compared to the original. I have an original OLED model (3G Cellular version) and an LCD model (Persona 4 Dancing All Night) and when I play on Vita I use the LCD model.

It's lighter and easier to hold, plus it also uses a standard micro-usb port. The original Oled Vita has a propriety charging port, so if something happens to your charger it is harder to replace compared to the LCD model.

I don’t know if it was my vita or psp,I haven’t played them for yrs,I looked at the back and the battery was bulging that it popped the case off.
I think it was the PSP having issues with expanding batteries.

Doom85

Absolutely loved my Vita. Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Danganronpa, Freedom Wars, Muramasa, Rayman Origins/Legends, Hatsune Miku, Disgaea, Sonic and All Stars Racing, Senran Kagura, a bunch of fighting games, indie games, etc. Needless to say, it’s lineup was definitely not to many’s tastes, but there were those of us who found plenty of good times with Sony’s presumably final handheld.

So all together, my Vita brothers and sisters. Let them know how strong our fandom is:

Arrested Development Tobias GIF

Onironauta

I also bought a Vita last year. Beautiful piece of hardware but haven't played a lot of games on it so far.

A question for OLED owners: do you play PS1 games stretched to 16:9 not to burn the black lines in the screen?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Is it still possible to buy Vita games digitally or did the store get shut down? Having a vita with Muramasa and others is starting to sound pretty appealing actually…

Since it’s not possible to see vita games on the PSN store website, how much is the digital version of Muramasa?

Last edited:
I used to download the games to my PS3 and transfer them to my Vita using the charging cable. It was the most confusing, slow, why is this so terrible thing I've ever had to do on the PS3.
If Sony can fix the CBOMB clock issue on the PS4 maybe they can fix the memory situation on the Vita?

Tschumi

teezzy teezzy hear me now...

These are games i can recommend without caveat or couching

Tearaway
Persona 4 Golden
Lumines: Electronic Symphony

There are other great games like Uncharted, Killzone, etc, but i personally didn't get into them to the same extent.

... You have to jailbreak it. It's easier with 2000.

... You can play PSP images on Vita with anti aliasing and right joystick support.

Do it.

Do It GIF

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
Is it still possible to buy Vita games digitally or did the store get shut down? Having a vita with Muramasa and others is starting to sound pretty appealing actually…

Since it’s not possible to see vita games on the PSN store website, how much is the digital version of Muramasa?
You can still buy digitally. I think Muramasa was $40AUD

Buggy Loop

Still puzzling to me how Sony managed to go from PSP's ~82M units to Vita's 16M. They had a good first iteration in the handheld market. What went wrong?

Top Bottom