• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't access my Xbox Series X games

TLZ

Banned
"Something went wrong

Give it another try. If this happens again, visit xbox.com/errorhelp and enter the following code: 0x8007023e"

I can't play anything. I tried Game Pass games. EA Play. Games with Gold. I did a full restart. Same message every time.

I tried xbox.com but no error code like that there. I googled, but all I got was windows update errors. Thought maybe Xbox needs to update, but no update.

What's going on?

TLZ

Banned
0RZQSjC.jpg

onQ123

"Something went wrong

Give it another try. If this happens again, visit xbox.com/errorhelp and enter the following code: 0x8007023e"

I can't play anything. I tried Game Pass games. EA Play. Games with Gold. I did a full restart. Same message every time.

I tried xbox.com but no error code like that there. I googled, but all I got was windows update errors. Thought maybe Xbox needs to update, but no update.

What's going on?

Drivatar has gone Rogue

if it's your home console, try signing in with a different account (make a new one?) and see what happens if you try to play games you own.
Then sign back in.

nikolino840

What's the status of Xbox live ? Maybe there's some Xbox servers down...and you can't access to anything..happened a couple of times weird errors..but the day after works fine

sainraja

Definitely a very odd problem to have. I would try doing a compete factory reset and see what happens after and then contact MS.

TLZ

Banned
Is your Xbox set as your Home Console?
Did you do a full restart?
Is your internet connection ok?
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

I can access the store, downloaded 2 Game Pass games even, but I still get this message when I try playing any game with a sub. Xbox or 360 games from Gold work fine since they're to own.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

I can access the store, downloaded 2 Game Pass games even, but I still get this message when I try playing any game with a sub. Xbox or 360 games from Gold work fine since they're to own.
I think a Reddit user had the same issue for GP for PC. He said it resolved itself in 24 hours. Few Xbox users have had it too;

TLZ

Banned
if it's your home console, try signing in with a different account (make a new one?) and see what happens if you try to play games you own.
Then sign back in.
Tried it and same issue still.

What's the status of Xbox live ? Maybe there's some Xbox servers down...and you can't access to anything..happened a couple of times weird errors..but the day after works fine
Checking online it shows everything's ok except for NBA 2k22.

sainraja

^^ I would still give a full reset a try. It's not affecting everyone globally so it seems to be isolated to a few people.

sainraja

That reddit just above is full of people with the same issue. Maybe it's just us Aussies.

And thanks everyone for trying to help.
Well, when I said global, I was saying affecting basically everyone which I don't think it is. It is affecting a good amount, just not wide spread.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Bodom78

Yep, this is happening to me too. AU, secondary console. Everything reports fine from network, just the bloody 0x8007023e error when starting any game.

RaZoR No1

I dont know what error code it was, but today I had a similar issue for a sec and it wouldn't let me start/play FH5.
On the second try everything was already fine and I didnt do anything special.

If offline mode is not working, then you have to wait for MS to fix it from their side.. unfortunately...
Edit: I dont know if you can use Gamepass and offline mode..

Last edited:

sainraja

No problems here in the US.
I know....I am in the U.S.
That's kinda my point. It's not affecting a lot of people but it is affecting the OP and people in the reddit thread which might still be a small number comparatively; if it is a regional issue, then that probably helps narrow it down somewhat, I guess.

Last edited:

elliot5

I dont know what error code it was, but today I had a similar issue for a sec and it wouldn't let me start/play FH5.
On the second try everything was already fine and I didnt do anything special.

If offline mode is not working, then you have to wait for MS to fix it from their side.. unfortunately...
Edit: I dont know if you can use Gamepass and offline mode..
You can use game pass and offline mode if its your home console. This seems to be something else that got fucked up on MS's end

Xbox Status | Xbox Support

They are aware of it rn

Last edited:

FeldMonster

How about digital games that you actually own?

You only mentioned ones from services that you do not own that require check ins.

• Thoughtful

Skifi28

I've had the same error on the windows store several times, can't start any game. Always fixes itself after a few hours/ a day. My solution was not buying anything there again, but I imagine it's not as easy for somebody more invested in their ecosystem.

Last edited:
"Something went wrong

What's going on?

I think it’s a software cache thing from the resume anyware function, just hold down the power button for a hard restart and she’ll be good as gold.

Mine has done it a few times.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Top Bottom