• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I feel we need an alternative to 'green rats' for playstation (not pony)

Choose a Sony spirit animal

• Snake

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Pony

Votes: 59 51.8%
  • Monkey

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Worm

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Weasel

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Toad

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Why fix something that ain't broken? Ponies has been used for quite sometime and rats is the new thing, and it fits both the demographic perfectly about their ardent infatuation for plastic boxes disguised as brands.

This is why we don't want pony
RXVMRnx.jpg

You don't get to choose what you're insulted with lol. This is exactly why "ponies" work. Lmfaooooo

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
I know people like 'Sony pony', but IMO, 'green rat' fits so well because PlayStation's mascot is literally a cat.
3V5f0mA.jpg
AOkK1Gi.jpg

DeepSpace5D

Trying to think of the most accurate description for PlayStation users 🤔

Maybe the Sony Superheroes? The blue ballers?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I always liked sony ponies and xbots. Green rats, idk where that one came from but in the context it's been used here I always found it funny anyhow.
It came from one of the most epic farewell threads by kretos kretos

Last edited:

consoul

If it had to be an animal, I'd say Blue Jays, but I think the easiest thing to call them is
Blue crew.

or
Blue ballers
Blues Bros.
Blue-taragi

Crayon

It came from one of the most epic farewell threads by kretos kretos

Holy shit that is beautiful.

Murdoch

Surely it's worm?

They crawl out from under damp mildew sodden environments wherever and whenever Xbox news is posted online to share their 'thoughts' with the gaming world.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Didn't we used blue cockroaches in the near past? They are everywhere and hard to kill.

Ponies is way too flattering.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
In France we call them "Mougeon" which is a contraction of "mouton" (sheep) and pigeon (speaks for itself).
Apart from the litteral meaning, pigeon is what we call really gullible people, the type to fall for any scam.

nCZWzVq.jpg

50% pigeon, 50% sheep, 100% French :messenger_tears_of_joy:

midnightAI

Well with the amount of people whining about lack of PS5 first party exclusives, maybe ... Blue Balls?

(And no, I am not generating an AI image for that)

Edit: oh, I see someone already did it in the post below

Last edited:

Hudo

In France we call them "Mougeon" which is a contraction of "mouton" (sheep) and pigeon (speaks for itself).
Apart from the litteral meaning, pigeon is what we call really gullible people, the type to fall for any scam.

nCZWzVq.jpg

50% pigeon, 50% sheep, 100% French :messenger_tears_of_joy:
This is funny as hell. I'm voting for this.

BigLee74

Look you bunch of Sony fuckers, you don’t get to pick what you get called. Do you think the Green Rats wanted to be called the Green Rats?

“Oooh, we want to be Sony Ponies. Oooh, it rolls off the tongue. Oooh, so cute”.

Green rats unite and give these guys the moniker they deserve.

My suggestion of Sony Gnats Cocks still stands, but I appreciate that’s not so much an animal as it is animal genitalia (and which it probably doesn’t even have to be fair).

With that in mind, Sony Weasel is good and properly encapsulates 99% of the base. Sony Blobfish is also apt, but hard to pluralise into something catchy (Sony Blobbers maybe? Slobbers for short?).

Last edited:

Loope

This is actually a pretty accurate depiction of some PS boys I've met.

I mean:

Every single fanbase is toxic as fuck. Finding one worse than the others is usually nothing more than our own personal bias filtering.

images

FyhmFczakAAOm1S

ms99GkT.jpg

HodT5L9.jpg

My god, the last pictures. WTF

showernota

Way back when, the gamespot system wars forums called Xbox, Sony, and Nintendo fanboys lemmings, cows, and sheep, respectively.

Top Bottom