• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I feel we need an alternative to 'green rats' for playstation (not pony)

Choose a Sony spirit animal

• Snake

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Pony

Votes: 59 51.8%
  • Monkey

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Worm

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Weasel

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Toad

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
An AI thread.
9McplS9.png
Oh, in that case

0vrWwh3.jpg
fxwW7pJ.jpg

Last edited:

Hoddi

'Sony phonies' gets my vote for now.

I was going to say lemmings but it kinda works against both Xbox and Playstation fans. Makes for good PCMR fodder though.

HlA8fBC.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

T4keD0wN

Jealousy GIF

That first snake picture looks legit cool, but this just makes me feel left out, wish us Steam suckers had a nice nickname too.

Ogbert

I hate the term ‘rat’ being used as a pejorative. Much like ‘vermin’.

It has such a particular place in history and I always find it jarring. It’s one of the few slurs that still carries venom in political discourse.

I know it’s not the intention, but I dislike the term intensely.

IAmRei

If MGS still pony exclusive, it will serve well if snake (not that snake) is chosen. Or maybe bandicoot? Although it is not pony exclusive as well.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Jealousy GIF

That first snake picture looks legit cool, but this just makes me feel left out, wish us Steam suckers had a nice nickname too.

Mustard race.

935.jpg

And OP is crazy. You don’t just get to choose. It’s ponies.

The green rat thing is hilarious because the account suicide that spawned it was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen posted here. A homoerotic meltdown for the ages.

Outlier

No we don't.

Gamespot had/has:

PlayStation = Cows
Xbox = Lemmings
Nintendo = Sheep

This stuff was fun, but that behavior is for teens/kids. It's just silly.

Crayon

Why change it from Sony Pony? I like it. "Green Rats" has a negative connotation, and so does "Sony Pony", but in a different way. They're similar enough but different that it works.

I always liked sony ponies and xbots. Green rats, idk where that one came from but in the context it's been used here I always found it funny anyhow.

Top Bottom