• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I forgot how Nintendo downloads work when getting a new 3DS

hitgirl

Did some Googling fu and can't seem to find a straight answer. I sold my 3DS a few months ago on a whim and didn't backup anything. Nintendo was having a refurbished sale on clear blue/red 2DS and I've wanted one, so got one. I won't be able to re-download things I've bought before like Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter right? I'll be SOL because I didn't backup or keep my 3DS around to do a system transfer?

hitgirl

No serial number. I could try to reach out to the person on Ebay. Now I remember why I didn't want to go Digital only with the 3DS :p

Do you have the 3DS's ID number? If not you may be Sol.

No serial number. I could try to reach out to the person on Ebay. Now I remember why I didn't want to go Digital only with the 3DS :p

I had to do a transfer to a new 3DS about a month ago, so I called Nintendo and they asked a few questions about purchases I had made to verify that I was the owner of the account and that was it. They didn't ask for old serial number.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Seems like you didnt forget anything - its exactly as you stated in the OP.

Did you delete your NNiD or sell the system with the digital games ?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

You could try and lie to nintendo reps saying you dropped your 3DS while biking and it got run over by a truck and all the serial numbers and stuff are permanently destroyed.

Then give them your NNID and the new systems serial number and see if they'll transfer the stuff?

Alternatively you could just try and call and insist on only giving them your NNID?

Or like you said try and reach out to the ebay buyer and snag the the serial off of them?

You could try and lie to nintendo reps saying you dropped your 3DS while biking and it got run over by a truck and all the serial numbers and stuff are permanently destroyed.

Then give them your NNID and the new systems serial number and see if they'll transfer the stuff?

Alternatively you could just try and call and insist on only giving them your NNID?

Or like you said try and reach out to the ebay buyer and snag the the serial off of them?

They didn't ask me for the old serial number, just the NNID, the new serial number and to tell them some of the games I had in the account to verify ownership.

Xystence

Neo Member
They didn't ask me for the old serial number, just the NNID, the new serial number and to tell them some of the games I had in the account to verify ownership.

This is good to know for future reference. I have loved my move into getting all of my games digital, and Nintendo is always the system I worried about because of this right here.

Thanks for posting your results!

Top Bottom