• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found out why FrenchMovieTheme likes ESPN 2005 so much now!

DMczaf

nfl2k5boxart9ers.jpg

You sold us out, FMT! VC offered the 49ers on the cover for your internet hype!

I dont even know you anymore!

impirius

That Owens cover is disgusting. Whiny Owens + Eagles = two strikes. It'd be awesome with Dunta Robinson doing the same thing, though. Dunno if I can buy it now.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I can't decide which is worse. Warren Sapp's rejected Tao Feng audition shot or TO's finger roll on top of slapped together graphics and a background of questionable origin.

Even if I take the actual players into account, it's hard. I guess Warren Sapp gets the nod, since he's a jackass who won't shut up but is occasionally entertaining.

Is it just me, or do you think going back to the NFL 2K label would be a smart move for Sega? If I remember correctly, one of the NFL 2Ks sold about 700,000 on the PS2. ESPN didn't even sell half of that.

[Edit] I think that may have been NFL 2K2. Even still, changing names on people like that isn't a brilliant move by any means. The ESPN name was once associated with Konami's horribly lackluster games, and no one took notice of those.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The ESPN name would be great if ESPN didn't fucking advertise Madden more.

EA Sports presents: Madden NFL Matchup. Buy Madden football! We've got Madden replays! Let's interview Madden and have him pimp the game! Madden segments on Sportscenter! MADDEN MADDEN MADDEN!

let me make a long story short:

sega overestimated how well nfl2k3 would sell. so they produced a lot of copies, and no one was buying them. the only way to get rid of them was to sell incredibly cheap... infact, ebgames.com STILL has nfl 2k3 for $4.99 i think. ESPN Football (last years) wasn't over produced. it dropped to $29.99, but thats what its at now. you will never see it for $5.

Top Bottom