• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hate the way Redditors talk.

Unk Adams

Banned
"Y'all"

"Touch grass, my dude."

"That's wild."

"Yikes!"

"/s" (because no one on there can tell if something is sarcastic or not unless it' specifically spelled out for them)

Also, pasty nerds trying to be "hip" by using outdated hip-hop slang from 1994.

Not to mention using the same jokes over and over again (song lyric chains, "But what does Ja Rule think of this?", etc.)

Last edited:
1cTiHZj.png

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
r/biggerthanherhead and those like it are the only subs worth going to imo. Avoid anything that has discussion beyond "look at dem tiddies!"

Rran

"Y'all" has a valid use and it's a term that's common throughout my home of the South, so I like it. I also am partial to leftover hip-hop slang from the 90s, dawg. Not sure why.

Agree with the rest though. Add onto them "oof," "problematic," and the ironic use of "sweetie."

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Reddit comment section is pretty lame. Lots of the same tired jokes, gifs, and those threads where people type one word or sentence and just keep carrying on. Just seems sort of brain dead sometimes. Depends on the subreddit, of course.

Tams

/s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /s /suck on this.

Nah, just kidding my dude.

/s

dr_octagon

Banned
Is this the die you want to hill on? Think of the optics. Are your pronouns bruhe, bruhim, bruhimself?

Tock six masculinity is not welcome.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I mean, as someone who's been browsing reddit for a long time (was there even before the chairman pao shenanigans) I haven't seen much at all of that.

But then again, I keep away from the soy paste subs so.... eh.

Banjo64

cumsessed
"Y'all"

"Touch grass, my dude."

"That's wild."

"Yikes!"

"/s" (because no one on there can tell if something is sarcastic or not unless it' specifically spelled out for them)

Also, pasty nerds trying to be "hip" by using outdated hip-hop slang from 1994.

Not to mention using the same jokes over and over again (song lyric chains, "But what does Ja Rule think of this?", etc.)
Y’all - fuck me, it makes me want to kill myself.

Reddit was ok before they realised they could make a shit load of money and accepted Chinese investment. Actively curating the front page to suit their own political agenda instead of it being based on user upvotes.

All of the UK subs are self-loathing apart from the Scottish one which is basically a hate sub dedicated to England.

Stay away.

Sybrix

Y’all - fuck me, it makes me want to kill myself.

Reddit was ok before they realised they could make a shit load of money and accepted Chinese investment. Actively curating the front page to suit their own political agenda instead of it being based on user upvotes.

All of the UK subs are self-loathing apart from the Scottish one which is basically a hate sub dedicated to England.

Stay away.
The r/Rickygervais is hilarious tho

June

meh the only thing that really annoys me about reddit discourse is the whole comment chain thing were people make a slight variation on the same joke over and over and over. but thankfully you can easily collapse comment chains so i barely care anyway

Top Bottom