• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Haven't Seen Land in 163 Days

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Today was our 4th consecutive beer day.

So for those unfamiliar, most I assume. we get to drink every 45th day at sea. This was our fourth in a row, and hopefully last. I would much rather be drinking on my couch at home. And certainly something better than Heinekens and White Claws. Last beer day we had Calsburg at least.

Prison Mike

Banned
Another interesting day. We went through the Suez Canal today and I got cellphone reception for the first time in months, and was able to restore a lot of the media on my phone. Also called my kid, very happy to hear her voice
Good to hear my mate bet the call made your day

DoomGyver

I feel like you’d be less miserable if you stopped counting the days and focused on other shit. If that’s even possible.

Blond

Banned
I feel like you’d be less miserable if you stopped counting the days and focused on other shit. If that’s even possible.

I mean it's not like someone's on land and there's options on what to do, it sounds like he's doing what he can with the resources he has.

Xplainin

Banned
My favorite band is probably Architects, so no, not really a Train girl.

Everyone got their hopes up when we heard the captain had a surprise, people were convinced we were going home early.
Then you need to get yourself into Australian Metal core bands. We kinda rule the world with them.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

Hard not to. Lots of time on my hands, lol.

Disaster occurred today. For some reason, my Xbox has decided it doesn't wanna do shit offline anymore. Nothing shows up under my games and apps :(

My switch and laptop are still gtg, but I was trying to replay MGSV=\

And toughest on my ship? Idk, there are over 5000 people onboard rn with the embarked air wing and strike groups. There is an AIMD(aviation intermediate maintenance dept) first class who is an instructor at Norfolk gym House of Muay Thai tho. He could prolly fuck some people up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Disaster occurred today. For some reason, my Xbox has decided it doesn't wanna do shit offline anymore. Nothing shows up under my games and apps :(

My switch and laptop are still gtg, but I was trying to replay MGSV=\
Damn, that sucks! I had that happen to me when I moved about a month ago. No internet at my new house for 3 weeks, and during that time my Xbox randomly decided it didn't want to launch any games. Like you, I had my Switch though and was good to go.

It's a hell of a thing you've been going through and it takes a lot of mental fortitude for sure. A lot of people I know have literally not left their house in months - you say you miss privacy but you seem to be holding up a lot better than they are with people around you.

Thanks for taking us along on your journey, stay safe!

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I've been out to sea since January 17th, not allowed to pull into any ports due to COVID. If it weren't for Amazon and GNC, I would begin to doubt land even existed anymore. It's hot as fuck out here on the open ocean and so very boring. See the world they say, but they don't say the world is mostly water.
Pictures for proof, please. Also, how do you acquire food and toilet trees?

Top Bottom