• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just saw something strange

Dacon

Banned
At about 3:10 tonight I went outside to throw some garbage out since it's trash day tomorrow and I'm wide awake as usual, and I saw something strange as I walked back to my house from the road.

Out in the horizon past behind my house, I see this huge white thing in the sky, and as it gets closer I can make out the shape of what I assume to be a bird. It had a massive wing span, it appeared to be almost glowing in the damn near pitch black sky as it flapped its massive wings. I could tell it was very far away from me, but I could clearly make it out. It flew over my house and I just stood there, transfixed as I watched it disappear from the sky. It wasn't like it shrunk into the distance, it was like it slowly faded away into the black sky. I could make out the shapes of small clouds here and there, but it wasn't near them when it disappeared.

I don't know what it was, but it left me feeling weird. I've spent many nights in the dark just looking at the sky, thinking. I tend to have a habit of looking up at the sky as I walk, and sure I've seen birds at night. They usually appear as black flying shapes in the air, I've never seen light pass through, or reflect off of anything in the sky like that at night. Especially on a night as dark as this.

I'm not saying I saw anything supernatural or mystical, but it was definitely out of the ordinary and a new experience for me.

EDIT:

This is a close approximation of what I saw I think, if anyone here is familiar with birds maybe this'll make you think of something?
WvKbAcN.jpg

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
Testing the waters for possible "sky event"

What?

I am not from around there, but just found an interesting article from 2012. :messenger_fearful:

The Texas-sized 'monster' bird that created a huge flap back in 1975

And most birds are not active at night. Owls are the exception I think.

That...is very interesting.

Where do you live? We have seagulls that would give a roc a run for its money. They appear white from below, just before they shit on you and steal your food.

I live in Orange Texas. It's kind of smack dab in the middle of Louisiana and Texas. I've never seen seagulls here, but maybe it could be one that strayed out too far?

What?

That...is very interesting.

I live in Orange Texas. It's kind of smack dab in the middle of Louisiana and Texas. I've never seen seagulls here, but maybe it could be one that strayed out too far?
From the southwestern tip of the UK? Unlikely, I would say, but they are bloody big so you never know.

nush

I've seen white birds uplit from the ground before, what your describing sounds like some sort of Crane being uplit but due to it being dark you've got nothing to scale it against.

Moon on Horizon factor

At about 3:10 tonight I went outside to throw some garbage out since it's trash day tomorrow and I'm wide awake as usual, and I saw something strange as I walked back to my house from the road.

Out in the horizon past behind my house, I see this huge white thing in the sky, and as it gets closer I can make out the shape of what I assume to be a bird. It had a massive wing span, it appeared to be almost glowing in the damn near pitch black sky as it flapped its massive wings. I could tell it was very far away from me, but I could clearly make it out. It flew over my house and I just stood there, transfixed as I watched it disappear from the sky. It wasn't like it shrunk into the distance, it was like it slowly faded away into the black sky. I could make out the shapes of small clouds here and there, but it wasn't near them when it disappeared.

I don't know what it was, but it left me feeling weird. I've spent many nights in the dark just looking at the sky, thinking. I tend to have a habit of looking up at the sky as I walk, and sure I've seen birds at night. They usually appear as black flying shapes in the air, I've never seen light pass through, or reflect off of anything in the sky like that at night. Especially on a night as dark as this.

I'm not saying I saw anything supernatural or mystical, but it was definitely out of the ordinary and a new experience for me.

EDIT:

This is a close approximation of what I saw I think, if anyone here is familiar with birds maybe this'll make you think of something?
WvKbAcN.jpg
You have neighbors attending Hogwarts.

MilkyJoe

EDIT:

WvKbAcN.jpg

great black-backed gull

Brilliant White underbelly , huge birds, seen it myself.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Congratulations.

Thanks for showing interest in our special anal probe edition - Burning Wings 2000

You've just been mentally marked for our free anal probe.

You'll receive the anal probe from our intergalactic team in the next 3 working days.

Our experienced alien staff has a medical certification to insert it with their hands.

Enjoy and relax your butt within the next days.

Best Regards,

Anal Probes Inc.
Mercury

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home.
I had a couple of miles to go -- I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east!
It was moving very irregularly... Suddenly, there was intense light all around me -- and when I came to, I was home.
What do you think happened to me...?

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Due to the time I would say an owl.

They can appear HUGE. When you see them fly, it’s pretty shocking.

First I thought OP may have been seeing the comet that is visible for a couple days.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?

EDIT:

WvKbAcN.jpg
Contact coasttocoastam.com and tell them about it.

I wonder if anyone else in your area saw it?

Top Bottom