• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just watched the first 12 hours of 24 - Season 2 and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
so far it blows season 1 away IMO. I just finished the episode where Marie delivers the trigger and they turn on the nuke.

There have been so many unexpected moments:

1. Kim driving around with her boss' dead wife in the trunk.
2. Jack shooting that perv in the heart and chopping off his head.
3. Marie turns bad (they handled it much better than when they turned Nina).
4. The part where Jack "kills" that terrorist's family.

And not nearly as many bad or "give me a break" moments as the first season. Of course, there was that cougar and two people did get kidnapped but thankfully they didn't dwell on those events. This season is moving a lot faster than season 1.

Why have I read so many people complaining about season 2? Its awesome.

cubanb

Banned
I dunno why people complain about it, but it is my personal favorite season. It was so action packed and fun to watch, Cougar or no Cougar!!!!!!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
LOL @ the cougar. Jack could have gotten ALL the information he needed from that guy if he just used the f'ing cougar.

Prospero

JC10001 said:
4. The part where Jack "kills" that terrorist's family.

Yeah--there were a few minutes there where I actually thought Jack was honest-to-God crazy enough to have done that.

President Palmer is a more interesting character in season 2 as well.

Memles said:
First half of Season 2 = Good.
Second half = Cringe inducing.

Exactly. I stopped after the second-to-last DVD, and never had an urge to rent the last one. Never knew what happened in the end, and well, never watched another 24 episode, ever.

Memles

Foreign Jackass said:
Exactly. I stopped after the second-to-last DVD, and never had an urge to rent the last one. Never knew what happened in the end, and well, never watched another 24 episode, ever.

That's not entirely fair. The third season has its problems, but it's more of the opposite one (Bad to Good), and the Fourth Season is great thus far.

But no; the Second Season starts off with a huge nuclear bomb on US Soil storyline, then introduced all sorts of questions that either go unanswered or get answered idiotically. It was like they wrote themselves into a storyline that they sucked ass at writing and planning. Ugh.

Memles said:
That's not entirely fair. The third season has its problems, but it's more of the opposite one (Bad to Good), and the Fourth Season is great thus far.

But no; the Second Season starts off with a huge nuclear bomb on US Soil storyline, then introduced all sorts of questions that either go unanswered or get answered idiotically. It was like they wrote themselves into a storyline that they sucked ass at writing and planning. Ugh.

Mmm. I might want to try Season 3 and 4 someday, then. Is the cute-but-useless girl still there? That cougar part really was only the tip of the iceberg as far as I'm concerned. I mean the girl was getting stuck in an hostage situation just before, and afterwards she was held prisoner in a basement full of weapons. What the hell?

Memles

Foreign Jackass said:
Mmm. I might want to try Season 3 and 4 someday, then. Is the cute-but-useless girl still there? That cougar part really was only the tip of the iceberg as far as I'm concerned. I mean the girl was getting stuck in an hostage situation just before, and afterwards she was held prisoner in a basement full of weapons. What the hell?

Season 3 - Less prominent role.
Season 4 - Gone entirely.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Season 2 is definitely the most action packed from the 3 seasons, and it has the best episode imo (10:00 PM-11:00 PM I think)

The '2nd phase' of the season is pretty stupid, though. But it delivers some more action so who really gives a shit :p

ManaByte

Wario64 said:
Season 2 is definitely the most action packed from the 3 seasons, and it has the best episode imo (10:00 PM-11:00 PM I think)

The '2nd phase' of the season is pretty stupid, though. But it delivers some more action so who really gives a shit :p

Season 2 is my favorite despite the last half. Palmer kicks all sorts of ass in Season 2 and 10:00pm to 11:00pm is still the best hour of 24 in any season yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom