• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I kinda miss Nosgoth, do you?

Zephir

Years ago, Square Enix released a competitive team based free-to-play game based on the Legacy of Kain universe, Nosgoth.
It lasted while it lasted and was cancelled when it became obvious it wasn't as successful as they wanted.

It wasn't groundbreaking, it wasn't special and people clearly wanted a new action game with Kain and/or Raziel, instead of a f2p multiplayer game.

And yet...I kinda miss it.

I was scrolling down my Steam game library and while checking the multiplayer games, remembering the silliest things that ever happened in each one of them with my friends, I saw a couple of screenshots i took on Nosgoth.

I remember having tons of fun with my friends, always checking the rooftops as vampire hunters, trying to find shelters as quickly as possible and wrecking all the possible shit as vampires (the hulk and the flying ones were the best ones).
Again, it wasn't groundbreaking and for the Legacy of Kain fans it might have been an insult...but I want to be honest, I always had fun playing it, despite acknowledging his shortcoming.

If SE decides to make a new Legacy of Kain, I'll definitely ask for a single player experience...but i would also welcome a multiplayer mode if it's exactly like Nosgoth.

What about you? Did you play it? What did you think of it?

MiguelItUp

Big time. I ADORED Nosgoth, honestly it was the most fun that I've had with that style of game in what feels like forever. I played it quite a bit, and was so excited to see what they were going to do with it.

I was SO gutted when they stopped development. There was SO much potential there IMO.

Top Bottom