• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love warm weather.

Woggleman

I live in a beach town that is sort of dead in the winter and these last few days everything has been coming to life again and it feels great. I just love the whole spring and summer vibe and seeing all the places on the boardwalk open up again things just coming back to life. The older I get the less I like winter and cold weather.

Loope

Walking Glancing GIF

I do for a while then I long for winter and once winter comes I wish it was summer. Last year was brutal. Between May-September is was really warm and humid. June/August were the hottest and I couldn't cope. December/January were fucking freezing. I know the americans will laugh but the temperature was between -11 to 30C last year. It might not seem bad to you but we're used to cold wet weather 99% of the year. We're usually lucky if we get 1-2 weeks of warm weather a year.

Right now I'm happy that winter has fucked off and Spring is here. Hardly turned the heating on, windows open, doors open. The odd day it is still cold but the sun is great. By June I'll be begging for snow and ice. Last year I had my fan on 24/7 and was showering 2-3 times a day.

Laptop1991

I like warm but not hot, anything over 20 celsuis and i hate it lol, Spring, Autumn fine, winter then hot summer's last, always been the same.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
We hit 80 this week and it was glorious for a couple days, then it snowed again 😤

Ready for the kids to start playing outside more and swimming at my parents’ house

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I use solar protection obviously, lol if anything my skin looks younger than my actual age, always been like that.
Yeah, i saw your foto in the 'sexy picture' thread.

Fucking Banderas you are.

But still, avoid direkt radiation for long no matter the protection.

GymWolf

Yeah, i saw your foto in the 'sexy picture' thread.

Fucking Banderas you are.

But still, avoid direkt radiation for long no matter the protection.
What? lol in that pic i'm not even remotely as dark as i get in the summer, i become almost african dark in the good years.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Oh yeah, spring and autumn for me. Don't freeze, don't sweat.

And especially for the change in flora. But what would a summer be without a winter!?

When i make holiday i want it to be much colder then what I'm used to feel.

I prefer winter overall. And rough climate overall. Makes me feel alive.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Oh yeah, spring and autumn for me. Don't freeze, don't sweat.

And especially for the change in flora. But what would a summer be without a winter!?

When i make holiday i want it to be much colder then what I'm used to feel.

I prefer winter overall. And rough climate overall. Makes me feel alive.
giphy.gif

I live in a beach town that is sort of dead in the winter and these last few days everything has been coming to life again and it feels great. I just love the whole spring and summer vibe and seeing all the places on the boardwalk open up again things just coming back to life. The older I get the less I like winter and cold weather.
Woggleman, this is off-topic, but every time I see your username, it reminds me of when I did a child psychology study in college. For the study, we'd line up pennies two separate ways: once by bunching them up together and once again by spreading out the same number of pennies. We'd ask the kids before and after if there were more/fewer/the same number of pennies each time. Young kids will say there are more pennies the second time, since they cover more space.

One kid told me it was the same number of pennies the second time. This was surprising, because he was younger than you'd expect to get it right. So I asked him, "And why do you think that is?"

He said, "Because I'm a woggler!"

Rockondevil

I agree. I live in the northern part of Aus and anything below about 22° (about 70°ish freedom units) is cold for me.

Fbh

I get you.
I like ALMOST everything about the place where I live: It's small and easy to get around, it's safer and has way less crime than the bigger cities, it's close to nature and you are 20-30 mins away from awesome lakes, rivers, hiking trails, fishing spots, etc

But the weather fucking sucks. It's cold like 80% of the time and even during the brief summer months you aren't guaranteed good weather.

YukiOnna

Same. People who like to fantasize about this mythical winter wonderland are the worst, they don't actually experience winter outside of their tourist destinations, lol. From blizzards, black ice, to annoying ice slush and more its horrid. And I've been to southern or island destinations enough to know I still prefer the heat.

Lunarorbit

Moved to Denver around Thanksgiving from Massachusetts. It nearly broke a record at 87F on Wednesday and it snowed around 10 this morning.

But the weather is so much better here than in the NE. It takes til May sometimes before spring arrives. Grey, rainy, and cold in March and April. Fuck that.

Plus no humidity here.

Bragr

Banned
15 years ago, yes, but the summers these days feel like gambling with heatwaves.

Heat when you are trying to sleep is pure hell, I had enough of that bullshit.

When it creeps over 25 celsius it goes from being summer to a surviving scenario.

Batiman

Banned
Ya it’s been just perfect the last 2 days here in Toronto but apparently it’s gonna get one last spell of cold days before the summer this week. It really does bring everyone to life. Especially that our summers are so short here that everyone really appreciates them. Everyone’s just in a great mood.

I usually say I hate winter, but it’s a part of me now and I’d miss the snow and all the bullshit that comes with if I ever moved. TBH it’s mostly the winter driving that makes me hate it. Some mornings are rough driving to work at 4am. Freezing rain, huge snowfalls, dumb drivers etc. Just arriving at work is sometimes a huge stress relief after a rough half hour trip

stn

I love the sun but humidity can be brutal. Thankfully I don't have to work at the office anymore so no need to wear a suit everyday.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I live in PA currently, and thanks to C L I M A T E C H A N G E or whatever, it's Winter roughly nine months of the year, and the surface of the Sun for the remainder. Fun.

Peggies

Gold Member
Hell no, fuck that shit! I live in the city, no beach, no nice salty wind and no airconditions. Yet temperatures reach 38 degrees in summer these days.
I personally call the sun "yellow Hitler".

QrEX6AO.jpg

Top Bottom