• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I might have found the best PS4 theme ...

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Don't worry, it's easy, and free! Follow these short simple steps and you too can maximize your PS4 like I have.

1) Go to the PSN store​
2) Download the FREE Fist of the Northstar Lost Paradise - Lovers theme​

Now when you turn on your PS4, you'll see this image.

But more importantly, YOU'LL HEAR THIS AMAZING MUSIC!

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Good find, I'm currently enjoying hell out of this game.
Me too man. I never thought a licensed anime game would be this fun and this stuffed full of content.

This will go down as a hidden cult classic that people talk about fondly years from now. Probably my favorite game the Yakuza team's ever done.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Me too man. I never thought a licensed anime game would be this fun and this stuffed full of content.

This will go down as a hidden cult classic that people talk about fondly years from now. Probably my favorite game the Yakuza team's ever done.
Yakuza team were the perfect for doing justice to Fist of the North Star series. I wouldn't mind seeing them do JoJo next.

Last edited:

Halo0629

Still use the bloodborne dynamic theme to his day, also the horizon's 1st anniversary dynamic theme is also pretty good.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I still uses The Order 1886 theme up to these days

Got the Crash theme which is beautiful but the song gets anoying after 10 minutes

MDSLKTR

Psx 20th anniversary theme 4 life
gallery_ps1ps4theme.jpg

AlexxKidd

Don't worry, it's easy, and free! Follow these short simple steps and you too can maximize your PS4 like I have.

1) Go to the PSN store​
2) Download the FREE Fist of the Northstar Lost Paradise - Lovers theme​

Now when you turn on your PS4, you'll see this image.

But more importantly, YOU'LL HEAR THIS AMAZING MUSIC!

Say. No. More.

EDIT: But someone's going to have to move heaven and earth to replace my current one...

The only reason I change it from time to time is I don't want to overexpose myself to the music. I love it, so I need to make sure I don't wear out its welcome.

Last edited:

Doom85

Night in the Woods' theme is my main theme, but I do switch to Resident Evil 20th Anniversary theme for October. The Final Fantasy VII theme and The Flame in the Flood theme are solid as well.

Psx 20th anniversary theme 4 life
gallery_ps1ps4theme.jpg
Been using pretty much nothing but this, too, ever since it came out. Few times I switch in a game-specific one for when a new game comes out but otherwise I use this the vast majority of the time. I probably associate it with the PS4 more than even the default theme haha.

drotahorror

I'm still sporting the Transistor theme.

Easily the best theme on PS4. Calming music if you have music on, lots of dynamic elements and colors that won't blind you. Everytime I try another theme, I go right back to this one. GOAT PS4 theme. My favorite PS3 theme is the Heavy Rain dynamic one while we're on the subject.

Obviously this looks better when it's not washed out and in HD.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
I use this one:

-Full 3D, not a lame ass slideshow
-Actually looks like the game and looks good out of the game's context
-Smooth panning on a single scene when going from top to bottom menu, no cuts to black
-No obvious reloops
-Peaceful music and atmosphere
-Unique music
-Unique sounds
-Day & night versions of the same scene depending on the time

I didn't even think much of the game but I've yet to find a better theme.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
On another note, how do you get the clicky noise when moving through the menu rather than the big annoying “WHOOOOOOO” electronic noise?

Fbh

Currently using this one:

Without the music because that track is way too dramatic for console menu.
I love that firewatch one posted above, but at this point in the gen I don't want to buy it.

On another note, how do you get the clicky noise when moving through the menu rather than the big annoying “WHOOOOOOO” electronic noise?

The noise when moving through the menu is also tied to the theme

Enzo88

Thanks OP, i downloaded it.
As a huge Hokuto No Ken Fan, this is cool, but it should have had You Wa Shock or Tough Boy running..

Last edited:
Say. No. More.

EDIT: But someone's going to have to move heaven and earth to replace my current one...

The only reason I change it from time to time is I don't want to overexpose myself to the music. I love it, so I need to make sure I don't wear out its welcome.

I never beat FFVII but yea this themes music is top notch

Virex

Banned
I feel maximum manly when listening to the song when cruising around in my buggy in the wasteland.

Doczu

I love this theme, but i remember that it had a problem with the start up sound, like it had the theme sound and the system sound. Or something like that.
Yeah it still has it. When you log in to your profile you hear first the log on sound and it mixes with the boot-up.
That could be so easily avoided but just adding a few silent seconds in the beginning of the track...

Top Bottom