• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I need a 3DS game for my 7 yrs old niece

Gangxxter

GAF, I need your help! My niece gets a 2DS XL for her 7th birthday with a Pokémon game. I also want to give her a 3DS game as a present. Recommendations? I was thinking about Mario Kart 7.
It's her first console/handheld. Before that she only played on phones/PC. Therefore the controls of the game shouldn't be too complicated.

Yagami_Sama

Minecraft it's very popular. My daughter play this thing all the time. Mario 3D Land and Kirby games could be good options.

Gangxxter

Good suggestions so far! Didn't know that Minecraft is also on the 3DS, lol.
Nintendogs also sounds very good, she loves pets.

GAF is helping me once again, thank you 😊

wondermega

I'm gonna sound like Principal Skinner here, but - can kids still enjoy games like Pacman/Galaga, Mega Man (collection?) Or are those mostly the territory of old fogies like myself? Pretty easy to still pick up and play, pretty timeless. Anyway I would imagine you can find them without spending too much.

Aztorian

Good suggestions so far! Didn't know that Minecraft is also on the 3DS, lol.
Nintendogs also sounds very good, she loves pets.

GAF is helping me once again, thank you 😊

Minecraft just released recently for 3DS so, you're probably not the only one. At the same time it's surprising that the game just recently came to the 3DS.

tsab

Animal Crossing
Nintendogs
Kirby
Professor Layton

Animal Crossing is bang for your buck though, I would go with this

Mikhal

Keep in mind that Minecraft only works on NEW 2DS/3DS systems. If she has a regular 2DS the game will not work.

Another vote for Animal Crossing or if she likes to draw maybe something like Pokemon or Disney Art Academy?

tsab

Keep in mind that Minecraft only works on NEW 2DS/3DS systems. If she has a regular 2DS the game will not work.

Another vote for Animal Crossing or if she likes to draw maybe something like Pokemon or Disney Art Academy?

She gets a New 2DS XL so it will work

PaulBizkit

Kirby Triple Deluxe. She might want to play a more action-based game if she already has pokemon (which is a slower paced game).

Wait one year and give her the Zelda Link Between Worlds.

Junahu

I'd also add as recommendations (in order of how much I'd recommend them);
Style Savvy 3
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Tomodachi Life
Miitopia

3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2

My son is 7, I'm getting him Mario Party Top 100 when it comes out this week. So far out of all his games he's liked Kirby and Smash the most.

Shifty

Super Mario 3DLand

Came here to suggest this. Nice, simple fun.

There are a few sections that might be a sticking point if it's a 2DS though, they play with 3D depth and perspective in places.

Either Kirby game would work well and would be a good tutorial as to playing games with buttons and a D Pad.

Kirby is a great call too. Dream land on game boy was one of the first handheld games I played as a kid and it was great.

MP!

Kirby triple Deluxe... my 3 year old daughter loves that game... and its perfectly suited for young kids... Also mario maker cause why not?

New Super Mario Bros. 2.

It's not the best in the series, but Mario in general is usually a great and easy introduction to the mechanics of console gaming.

Top Bottom