• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I recently played Bloodbourne, then I played Bloodborne.

Why is it so hard to spell Bloodborne correct? I see this misspelling all the time. So incredibly annoying.
Oh really, explain this
xRjCyVf.jpg

Vawn

Banned
Why do people misspell Bloodborne like that all the time? Do Europens just love throwing random "u's" in words that don't need them?

Woggleman

That reminds me of that period where there was all this Jersey stuff on reality TV. I actually live one town over from where Jersey Shore was filmed and we were all glad to see them go.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Those are two different names of people. There is no game called Bloodbourne.
Also, one is just one single name "Bloodborne" the other is often a prefix to Tomb Raider, if even Lara Croft is even used at all. Add to the fact that I've personally know 3 Laura's, and not a single Lara, helps compound peoples usage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

DonF

and while it isn't a bad game it doesn't impress me the way it seems to impress many others. It is my first souls like game and to me it is just meh. More power to those who love this game but it is just okay to me.
Did you finish it? The game is great. Great pacing, great bosses. Great weapons and gameplay. I would say it's a perfect game. Only the technical things are kinda messy. I hate the frame pacing issues it has and if it were 60 fps...it would be really perfect.

It took me three separate attempts to play it before it sunk its claws into me.

I honestly can't describe what it is about the lore that makes it so compelling, but this it the only game that had me reading 60 page lore analysis once I beat it. I honestly thought about the game non-stop for like a week when I finished, and again, I can't even describe why.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

and while it isn't a bad game it doesn't impress me the way it seems to impress many others. It is my first souls like game and to me it is just meh. More power to those who love this game but it is just okay to me.
If you don't get invested in reading lore on item descriptions or lore videos or big speculation behind the meaning of what characters say and what things are like in the world, it won't really have the same wow factor imo. That applies to the Souls games, as well. It will just be a game with nice game-y elements then.

Woggleman

I did find the ladder. I got to the part where you are fighting those sickly looking dogs. It's a good game but I was expecting some fast paced DMC type of game and it was as slow and sluggish as some games that get criticized for that.

Aion002

I did find the ladder. I got to the part where you are fighting those sickly looking dogs. It's a good game but I was expecting some fast paced DMC type of game and it was as slow and sluggish as some games that get criticized for that.
Bloodborne is far from slow and sluggish.

You went with completely wrong expectations.... It's like going to play Gran Turismo/Forza expecting Mario Kart gameplay. Souls games have almost nothing to do with DMC.

Last edited:

Woggleman

I will give it another chance and honestly it isn't a bad game. I think they were giving it away for free sometime last year on PS Plus and I download all free games. I forgot that it was in my library so I said why not and installed it. I am enjoying it quite a bit but honestly I had more fun fighting robots in Horizon than I did anything in this game.

Arachnid

Wait, you've barely encountered the dogs? You mean those skinny raggedy yellow dogs, right? Not giant wolves? You're still in the beginning. Hell, even the giant wolves are still in the beginning. If you are where I think you are, you haven't even encountered a boss yet. You also haven't started any upgrading. You haven't seen anything yet. Hell, at that stage, I hadn't even grasped the combat.

Last edited:

Arachnid

The fat dude in the alley with the axe right? He's not a boss. Or do you mean the fat guy pounding on the giant doors? Either way, they're both normal mob enemies you'll encounter here and there.

For what it's worth, I was stuck in that same area for hours when I first started. It functions as a kind of tutorial section. Bloodborne was my first Soulsborne game too, and I straight up hated it initially. If not for the badass aesthetic, I probably would have quit. Eventually though, everything clicked and today I consider it the best game I've played this gen. Keep going. You haven't seen anything yet.

EDIT: ^^^what my dude said

Last edited:
M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Blo0odeborne (is that the correct spelling) does a lot of things right, BUT it shouldn't get a pass for wasting the player's time. Getting one-shotted by a boss and then have to run back through the same area 10 (or 20 or 30) times, just to get one-shotted by the boss again, is poor game design.

Don't agree with me?? Fucken fight me :)

The fat dude in the alley with the axe right? He's not a boss. Or do you mean the fat guy pounding on the giant doors? Either way, they're both normal mob enemies you'll encounter here and there.

For what its worth, I was stuck in that same area for hours when I first started. It functions as a kind of tutorial section. Bloodborne was my first Soulsborne game too, and I straight up hated it initially. If not for the badass aesthetic, I probably would have quit. Eventually though, everything clicked and today I consider it the best game I've played this gen. Keep going. You haven't seen anything yet.

EDIT: ^^^what my dude said
Agreed. It's my GOTG. Beat it 5 times, platinum'd, over 300 hours into it. It was the fastest Soulsborne pre DS3 OP, stick with it, itll grow on ya.

elektrokats

Banned
Man all you need to know is that this game is not slow, but it is all about timing and learning to dodge at the right time

A key thing to know is that dodging gives you about 1 whole second of invincibility.

Doesn't matter if the enemy is right in your face. If you can match that 1 second of invicibility with the enemy attacks. You will be untouchable.

Also using the Axe as your starting weapon and use the HOLD R2 SPIN MOVE in 2 handed mode. Get used to timing it with groups of enemies.

Arachnid

Blo0odeborne (is that the correct spelling) does a lot of things right, BUT it shouldn't get a pass for wasting the player's time. Getting one-shotted by a boss and then have to run back through the same area 10 (or 20 or 30) times, just to get one-shotted by the boss again, is poor game design.

Don't agree with me?? Fucken fight me :)
Oh, I'll fight you. I'll fight you to the death. Every second you spend in Yharnam is by God's grace. You should be grateful to make that run back to the boss and have another opportunity to experience gaming bliss for the 36th time.

Really though, I don't think I ever encountered a boss who straight up one shot me from full health in Bloodborne (not counting chalice dungeons if you're going for the plat; those are fucked and for die hards). If that happens, you've neglected your VIT stat and you've progressed far enough in the game to know better.

Last edited:

saintjules

I might give it another go myself as I downloaded it for free when it was available for PS+.

I played it when it first came out, but it didn't captivate me like it did for others. To be fair I'm not heavily into the Souls type games, even though I want to get into them because I think there is something cool about them. I think the first Nioh was the most in depth I've gotten in the genre. And if you count Fallen Order being in the same vein, that was the only one I actually finished.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

It's been a while since I've played Bloodborne, but isn't this just the beginning? You haven't even gotten to the bosses where you're rewarded for keeping your speed and being aggressive without stopping.

haxan7

Banned
So what’s the point of your thread? You didn’t pose a question, just left a blanket statement. Seems like a bait thread. Opinions are like assholes, we all have one.

Arachnid

So what’s the point of your thread? You didn’t pose a question, just left a blanket statement. Seems like a bait thread. Opinions are like assholes, we all have one.
No need to be rude dude. He's just starting a discussion. There are plenty of opinion threads on various video games in this forum.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
??? It’s much faster compare to Dark Souls but this game is NOT over the top action game like DMC and Bayonetta, I don’t know why you were expecting that?

haxan7

Banned
No need to be rude dude. He's just starting a discussion. There are plenty of opinion threads on various video games in this forum.
My post wasn’t remotely rude, dude. I don’t think it’s worthwhile to offer substantive discussion into a thread when the OP was some lazy little statement without any thought put into it. The OP needs to be challenged in this case.

Anki

Banned
I remember my first bloodborne experience, i hated it, i wanted to break the disk and sell my ps4 but then i beat the first real boss and i fell in love with the game.

Top Bottom