• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I scratched my Nintendo eshop card too hard

ameratsu

Does anyone know what this says? I got a bit too into it and now I can't read the code.

363FOMo.jpg

Russ T

Banned
P?HPH43N2_56__?_

the ?'s might be 0 or Q, i dunno

also the first P might be a B

also the 5 might be an S (but i'm pretty sure it's 5)

well i tried

Looks like 80HPH43N2█56██0█

EDIT:
You're fine, OP. I did the same thing about a month ago. Email support and they'll ask for a photo of the front and back of the card and your account info, they will most likely credit your account with the money if everything looks legit.
Just do this.

Gleethor

You're fine, OP. I did the same thing about a month ago. Email support and they'll ask for a photo of the front and back of the card and your account info, they will most likely credit your account with the money if everything looks legit.

Effect

Yeah not sure if it was a good idea to put up the picture so big. I hope a lot of money wasn't on the card.

tebunker

Banned
it actually probably starts with an A, most codes do. so I think it is something like;

A0HPH43N2_B6__0_

best of luck,

where'd you buy it? Some places will let you exchange it even though you done goofed. I would also call Nintendo.

If you tried some of the suggestions in this thread and get an error try changing the 6 to a G. I had 3 different cards where G's looked like a 6.

Nosgotham

call nintendo suppport. tell em when and where you bought it, they will look in their system and confirm it. send em a pic then get the funds in your eShop. pretty easy and quick. ive done it before

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
call nintendo suppport. tell em when and where you bought it, they will look in their system and confirm it. send em a pic then get the funds in your eShop. pretty easy and quick. ive done it before

This same thing happened to me this week! I scratched too hard and couldn't read.

You don't have to do send them a pic though. They just asked me to read the bar code numbers at the very bottom of the eshop card and put the money in my account the next day, took less than 12 hours, it was quick and painless.

This is exactly what I did. They resolved the situation for me rather quickly when I ended up scratching off a few of the letters/numbers.

I can guarantee you the first character is B by the way. Nintendo's eShop codes are basically progress in order instead of randomly, and currently we're in the B's.

Looks to me like B0HPH43N2_56_0

Jarrod38

Done that a few times in the past. That is why MS had cards that used the pull tab style. Those were nice to have but don't think they use that style anymore.

P0HPA43N2_B6_0

Nintendo's codes are nice because all of their numbers/letters are clearly definable.

They don't use o's because they're easily understood as 0's, additionally they use 0's with the line in them to make it very clear.

Rich!

Uh dude

This code is likely already used now via someone here or on Reddit or 4chan. For gods sake take it down

Thanks for the free dough, OP. Gonna use it to buy Metroid Federation Force just to make sure your cash got used in the worst way possible.

Top Bottom