• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Think That Someone From Russia Hacked And Stole My Rockstar Games Account And GTA V

NeoRaider

So i created Rockstar Games Social Club account more than year ago when i bought GTA V. Yesterday i received two emails, one in English and another one in Russian language:

ZHgTR45.png

CWIUhPU.png

I tried to reset my password but nothing happened. So i contacted the support. And they are answering me in Russian language!

fXxQp7w.png

Nothing similar happened to me before and i am not even sure what to do exactly. I just want my account and my games back.
Anyone had similar experience with RGSC? Was it solved?

Всегда используйте уникальные пароли, OP.

I also have started receiving emails from Rockstar games account in Russian. I don't remember my login info however, as it has been years since I have used it.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
started playing gta 5 again a couple days ago and same thing happened to me had to send in a password change request and they sent me a email back in russian luckily i clicked the right link and it let me reset password and i recovered my account odd that nothing on my character was taken still had all my money and everything

started playing gta 5 again a couple days ago and same thing happened to me had to send in a password change request and they sent me a email back in russian luckily i clicked the right link and it let me reset password and i recovered my account odd that nothing on my character was taken still had all my money and everything

Most of these hacks are from massive intrusions that are usually done to later sell the accounts, it's rarely for personal use. So if you get it before they are sold you usually won't lose any stuff.

Storm360

Seems super common with Rockstar Social Club.

I don't know why they couldn't have just used Steam like any other game.

antonz

Someone tried to breach my account last week. I suspect GTA RP servers has spiked interest again beyond the usual reasons they do this crap

I don't have access to my account anymore. So i am not sure if i can do anything.

Contact Rockstar Support with another account you have access to or on these forums. Explain your situation in brief, maybe even calling them. Never had to deal with an account hack before so I'm not sure how easy it is to prove you're the real owner or not.

I got a message on the 27th from Social Club to verify my email address ("This email address has been used on Rockstar Games Social Club"). Was a bit strange since I've had that email attached to my Social Club account forever, and I haven't played or touched any Rockstar games recently. I went to the Social Club website manually and changed my email and password just to be safe.

Djostikk

Всегда используйте уникальные пароли, OP.

Great.

GunBR

I also got a bunch of emails in russian from the Social Club two weeks ago

I don't play GTA online since 2014, so I just ignored. But probably the same thing happened to me

Some fuck did this last week to me on my PSN account to buy FIFA gold card. Luckily, Sony was able to help out. Is there a help desk for Rockstar that's similar?

Эй, кузен, я могу получить информацию о вашем пароле?

sensui-tomo

yup this happened to me, with an email that was hacked. (time to get your stuff changed)
https://haveibeenpwned.com/ put the email that was hacked on here to find out where it was probably hacked from. (this is a neogaf trusted site)
you might be able to log in from your facebook if you linked it that way, that was how i was able to change the password and email to another thing quickly.

Cabal

I had this happen to me last year. The emails went to my spam because of the Russian text so I got lucky by catching it a day or so after it happened. If I remember correctly, I was able to get it back using the recover account option. However, the guy changed my user name so it's still some random Russian guy's gamer tag. It would not let me change it back even after the reset.

Crash331

Weird. On April 11 and April 16 I got several emails asking me to verify my email address with the Social Club. I haven't played GTAV in over a year. The emails look legit, so I'm not sure why they kept coming.

After I got 3 or 4, I logged in to my account and changed the password. Nothing seems to have happened to it.

Dibbz

:/

I did. Actually tried to but nothing happened.
You've most likely entered your actual password into a fake page where they've captured it now. Never use links from shady emails especially if you've not initiated the reset request. Go straight to the actual site and do it from there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Happened to me with someone using my email to sign up for ubi in french, because my email is a pretty common french name. Luckily my french isn't bad and I solved it in a few days.

Unison

Some Russian hacked into my PSN account, created a sub-account, then used by PayPal to add $50 to the account. I caught it right away and Sony deleted the account for me (but wouldn't refund the PSN bucks lol).

Zackat

Oh yeah I got those emails but I haven't played gtaV in years. Gta online wasn't even out yet.

Honestly not too worried about it. I got 2fa on my email and I never had anything attached to it.

This also happened to me last year. I logged in after not playing GTA Online in a while and noticed my character looked completely different and all of my money was gone. They also changed the name of my profile and set my region to Russia. Reached out to support and they were able to change my name back but couldn't do anything about my lost funds.

Sadly I haven't played GTA Online since...

MY GTA / Rockstar account was stolen probably a year ago by Russians. I managed to email Rockstar support and they got my account back as soon as possible. I was really impressed with how quick they responded and got my account back and they also gave me a shit load of in-game GTA V cash for the inconvenience.

I believe I contacted support@rockstargames.com

Happened to me with both my Rockstar account and Origin account. Make sure you change your password to something secure, and it's worth changing the password to your e-mail address and any passwords associated with it.

The Russian guy changed my username on GTA and I was stuck with it for a year.

Top Bottom