• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want an X-Com fix. WH40K Daemonsgate or King Arthur: Knight’s Tale?

Both of these recently dropped on console, and they both look pretty neat. Would love to hear impressions from anybody that has played them.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

You may want to consider this too OP. Their prior game was stellar as well.

I’ve played both of the ones you suggested and I’d aim for Warhammer 40K because well WH40K Carries it. Arthur I dropped after a few hours.

Last edited:
Did you play Gears Tactics? If so, how did you like it?

I have not, in fact, I had forgotten it even existed. I just recently picked up a Series X, so I’ll take a look at it. Not a big fan of the Gears world though, I think I’d find 40k or the Arthurian stuff more interesting.

You may want to consider this too OP. Their prior game was stellar as well.

I’ve played both of the ones you suggested and I’d aim for Warhammer 40K because well WH40K Carries it. Arthur I dropped after a few hours.

I was leaning kinda in the 40k direction because I did have a blast with Rogue Trader.

Was also completely unaware that Miasma Chronicles was from the Mutant Year Zero devs. That game was pretty decent.

This looks great, but I’m just not a fan of “real world” settings. The massive nerd in me will always prefer a fantasy or sci-fi setting.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Baldur's Gate 3 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 probably count then, even if they're less about the combat. Idk which of those PC games I posted have console ports so look them up. Hard West does at least.

Last edited:

Larxia

I'm currently playing through Midnight Suns and I'm loving it. You really have to be open to dialogues though, because that's easily half of the game, it focuses a lot on social aspects / interactions. I don't mind it, but I imagine it's not for everyone who might just be looking for combats.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Wasteland 3 and Gears Tactics are on GamePass. Maybe Mutant Year Zero as well, it might have left. If you don’t have GP they’re still worth a purchase.

I wasn’t aware the Arthur game is an XCom clone. I might have to check it out.

Baldur's Gate 3 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 probably count then, even if they're less about the combat. Idk which of those PC games I posted have console ports so look them up. Hard West does at least.

Hard West was fun, I was bummed when the sequel didn’t get a port. Battletech was really good, I picked that up when my pc was still kickin. I’d kill for a port of that game.

I'm currently playing through Midnight Suns and I'm loving it. You really have to be open to dialogues though, because that's easily half of the game, it focuses a lot on social aspects / interactions. I don't mind it, but I imagine it's not for everyone who might just be looking for combats.

I really liked the combat in Midnight Suns, but my god everything else in that game was anathema to me. I did end up beating it, but I couldn’t tell you a single thing about the story because I steamrolled through all of that filth.

StereoVsn

What about the new Owlcat game, Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader. It has turned based tactical combat, ship to ship combat and of course it’s a large RPG.

Top Bottom