• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want the Star Wars: Lightsaber Battle Game stop me!!!!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I've read a few reviews where people have actually had fun with it... and I'm seriously considering getting the thing... <sigh>

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Are you talking about Teras Kasi for PSone, or some other Star Wars Lightsaber game I don't know about?

ZJqABBSb8HsVAOU2y6j7bfhMrd1-mhgI.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
TheTrin said:
Are you talking about Teras Kasi for PSone, or some other Star Wars Lightsaber game I don't know about?

B00061I4CE.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Saw a commercial for it the other day... $50(If I get it I'll go the ebay route and pick it up cheaper I've seen it close a few times at more like $30), you hook it up to your TV the drone is the "camera" you wave around your lightsaber

A review from theforce.net

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh wow, it's like the Dragon Quest game that came out in Japan a year ago. I really want the DQ one. The Star Wars one looks pretty hilarious, though. I might have to look into it for humor's sake.

Spike

DarienA said:
I've read a few reviews where people have actually had fun with it... and I'm seriously considering getting the thing... <sigh>

They had this setup at the local TRU about the time the movie hit theaters. From the limited time that I tried it, it sucked. It doesn't always register the movements that you do properly, and your swings have to be very short.

Wait for clearance prices if you absolutely have to have this.

EekTheKat

IMHO,

If you mash the RPG elements of KOTOR with the action elements of something like Jedi Knight you'd have one really really good Jedi game.

Still the original Jedi Knight was way ahead of its time though, I had so much damn fun with that game.

It's really, really awful. A friend of mine got it for his kids for Christmas and even though they are Star Wars crazy they stopped playing by St. Stepthen's Day. It just doesn't work properly and has you swinging like an idiot in the hope that you somehow manage a hit. Stay well clear.

carlos

TheTrin said:
Oh wow, it's like the Dragon Quest game that came out in Japan a year ago. I really want the DQ one. The Star Wars one looks pretty hilarious, though. I might have to look into it for humor's sake.

I actually won the DQ tv game off ebay a couple of minutes ago; I hope that wasn't you who tried to outbid me at the last second :p

Hahaha! I bought that for my nephew. It fucking sucks big-time. Poor kid was so frustrated and bummed.

There's this one move you have to pull off where you twirl the lightsaber like a cheerleading baton (fucking impossible) and the game won't let you progress unless you complete it.

Shit-ty, man. Shit-ty.

...and if you thought the Eyetoy was a pain in the ass to place and focus properly...:lol

Just get Revenge of the Sith for your PS2/Xbox and play the Duel modes. It's THE BEST lightsaber battles, unless you consider the "jousting" in Jedi Knight or the turn-based dial-a-battle in KOTOR lightsaber battles.

Both of those games are great, but for pure Soul Caliber-style lightsabers, my money's on ROTS. If it only had more characters and was Live enabled!!!

Top Bottom