• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want to talk about my meat.

JCK75

I'm curious if anyone else in the US here has tried any of the online Meat stores.
It's still tough to find beef here so a while back I took to Nebraska Bison just to try something different and grabbed a few bison/elk roasts and it was awesome, though pricey.

This week I decided to give Wild Fork a go and grabbed 3 duck breasts, 2 huge almost 2 lb ribeyes and some sirloin medallions (My wife and I prefer Ribeye.. my son hates fat in steaks (called the squishys) so I go with cheaper/leaner cuts for him.
Making the duck tonight with a Strawberry Bourbon sauce, but had those steaks last night and we all agreed they were the best steaks I've had in my life (i've not experience Wagyu yet so I expect when I treat myself on that, that will be the best in my life).

At $14 a lb for ribeye I found it to be in line with what my stores charge when you can actually find ribeye there.

Anyone tried any other services like this they were impressed or not impressed with?

I'm one of those people that has watched videos and fantasied about having a premium cut of steak at a restaurant. Unfortunately I've never had steak and I can't right now due to my medical condition. Once I'm fixed up then I'm going to the closest place serving and ordering the expensive shitt!!

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I'm one of those people that has watched videos and fantasied about having a premium cut of steak at a restaurant. Unfortunately I've never had steak and I can't right now due to my medical condition. Once I'm fixed up then I'm going to the closest place serving and ordering the expensive shitt!!
I mostly eat only meat. What kind of condition you have if you don't mind sharing.

I mostly eat only meat. What kind of condition you have if you don't mind sharing.
I'm envious of the beefeater's out there. I have a condition called GERD, it's essentially chronic acid reflux. The one-way valve at the bottom of the food pipe doesn't close so food and acid come up. Fatty and spicy food aggravates the valve.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I've never really bought meat unless it's fairly local. I just go to a local butcher and buy 100lbs of mixed beef for ~ $750, which comes to ~ $7.50/lb. And you get a bit of everything, steaks, ground beef, stew meat, ribs, etc. Gotta have a deep freeze though.

Mistake

I'm envious of the beefeater's out there. I have a condition called GERD, it's essentially chronic acid reflux. The one-way valve at the bottom of the food pipe doesn't close so food and acid come up. Fatty and spicy food aggravates the valve.
I noticed these days I get a bit of acid reflux if I eat thick stuff like peanut butter, especially if I’m sitting down. Have you tried walking around after meals? Also sip water

On the topic of meats, I’m a firm believer in free roam and grain fed. Me and a friend killed his turkey for thanksgiving one year, and it was the best I ever had

Last edited:
I noticed these days I get a bit of acid reflux if I eat thick stuff like peanut butter, especially if I’m sitting down. Have you tried walking around after meals? Also sip water
Peanut butter is one of those things that has been said to cause uneasy in people's stomachs. The sensation of pressure within the belly and the feeling everything is going to come up isn't a pleasant one. You're absolutely right about not being able to sit or lay down, as I often stand up for approximately 15-20 minutes after each meal for the food and sensation to pass.

TDiddyLive

Am I the only one who clicked thinking it was about something else? well I am...
I got caught off guard as well. I thought he would be talking about how he prepares his meat dishes and hoped it would be something that would make me want to taste his delicious meat. Instead I’m directed to order meat online. Preparing myself to put his meat in my mouth then basically being told to go online was a disappointment.

FunkMiller

I got caught off guard as well. I thought he would be talking about how he prepares his meat dishes and hoped it would be something that would make me want to taste his delicious meat. Instead I’m directed to order meat online. Preparing myself to put his meat in my mouth then basically being told to go online was a disappointment.

I’ve tried many times to go online, and get some good, chunky meat delivered right to my door, and into my mouth, as swiftly as possible. So far, no real luck.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

I do in Canada with Farm2Fork and amazing quality and service at a good price. I only buy my poultry/meat from them now.

I was thinking about doing this too up here in Canada. Please let me know more about your experience. I just bought a half cow so I’m good for a while with my hunting too but I’d love to hear how this goes.

mitch1971

BQjtEyfCMAAln41.jpg

I_D

I wouldn't say that Omaha Steaks is amazing; but they're pretty solid.

If you're willing to buy in bulk to save money, they're worth the price.

Top Bottom