• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ice Cream Licking Girl...A new challenger approaches

Ol'Scratch

Didn’t they find the ice cream licker and aren’t pressing charges because she’s a minor?
Yes and no. She will not be tried as an adult but still may face charges and some kind of time or something but because she is a minor it will not be publicized. Her boyfriend with her however was an adult and they are considering charges against him also.

Petrae

This is why Ice Cream Licker (and her accomplices) deserves a harsh sentence. She’s set off a bunch of copycat assholes now. She can cool her jets in jail for a few years and no tears would be shed, and maybe Blue Bell can file civil litigation.

Or maybe root for a magic device that destroys social media forever.

If only... social media is playing a major role in the collapse of humanity.

If caught everyone of these idiots should be fined by authorities and banned from social media.

$10,000 fine, and enforced permanent bans from social media (with jail time as a result for any perpetrator who tries to skirt the ban). That would be a good start.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Has no one heard of plastic? Get the mouthwash that has a sealed plastic wrap around the lid.

Yep. I pretty much never buy food, mouthwash etc. that isn't sealed. Produce aside and I wash that shit well.

Ol'Scratch

I feel that this is going to become more of a thing with everyone trying to get that social media minute. Like people have said they need to come down hard

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ruin store products challenge is the newest cool challenge since that vacuum yourself in a garbage bag challenge

Did people do shit like this regularly back in the day, or is it done more now because of the stupidity that is social media? I'm definitely leaning towards the latter, but is that objectively true?

In the UK the bottle caps are child safe (can't just twist them off) and there's a plastic seal on new bottles, if that's the same in the US then the bottle has been prepared before hand.
I'd certainly never buy mouth wash where the seal has already been broken.

Anybody that does this kind of thing is an absolutely disgusting product of social media.

Texas Pride

Banned
I saw this and I believe it's staged. Point is if you wanna be a nasty motherfucker be a nasty motherfucker in your own nasty motherfucking space and not in public. I would as God is my witness smack the shit out of anyone I saw doing this in public. I think it's everyone's duty to confront idiocy and nasty ass people.

Wimbledon

No common sense, or decency for anyone else whose just trying to get by.

The last thing the average person needs in there life, is to pick up a serious disease from buying something.

This better not become some widespread trend.

Brizzady

Banned
I'm still waiting for the nickname before I know what that was. Mouthwash Girl? Mouthwash Guy? Yiiiiikes.

Petrae

So it’s becoming a new viral challenge?

Wow.

There was no way that this wasn’t going to become the next “challenge”. Social media is all about copying viral trends and hoping to extract similar popularity spikes as a result.

The more this catches on, the more I’d like to see Ice Cream Licker here suffer severe penalties. She may have not technically been the first to pull this shit, but thanks to her, it’s becoming more common.

Hopefully law enforcement is reviewing social media as well and keeping tabs on who to investigate. I mean, people are doing it for public consumption, so they’re ripe for questioning at minimum and tampering charges at worst.

Silent Duck

Humanity was mistake.

eaQ9i5R.jpg

Petrae

Humanity was mistake.

eaQ9i5R.jpg

Social media was the mistake. It brought out the worst in humanity. I can’t help but to wonder what it would be like if social media had never existed, but it does— and humanity has devolved into a log of shit.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Social media was the mistake. It brought out the worst in humanity. I can’t help but to wonder what it would be like if social media had never existed, but it does— and humanity has devolved into a log of shit.

We've always been shit, it's just easier to spot and spread now.
Luckily, you can tell if mouthwash and soda have been opened, so hopefully no one takes it after them.

demigod

Good lord I really hope that's not true. From what I read she's kind of young. I think some embarrassing community service is more appropriate. 20 years - do swatters even get 20 years?

It's 2 to 20 years but since she is a minor she won't get any, probably just community service and a fine.

There was another one this year or last year I can't remember and now I can't seem to find it. Was some white girl tampering with food as well, can't remember if it was a pickle jar or what. Search isn't coming up with anything.

Petrae

Good lord I really hope that's not true. From what I read she's kind of young. I think some embarrassing community service is more appropriate. 20 years - do swatters even get 20 years?

20 years maximum, which is a less than 1% chance of happening— especially for a minor.

There’s an argument to be made for a (far) shorter sentence, though. Serving a few months up to a year, either in juvenile detention or house arrest with her legal guardians or parents, will hopefully be discussed prior to sentencing.

stickkidsam

That's fuckin out of left field and down the rabbit hole.

If they bought it afterwards though then no harm no foul.

Fbh

These people should be fined and banned from the store (not just that particular branch) for several years.
If they are minors the ban should apply anyway and they should get a crapton of community service.

Last edited:
Top Bottom