• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Identify this song and win cash money, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

A shiny Paypal quarter to anyone capable of identifying this song for me. I'm too scared to call into the radio station. The song has this line as a hook, "Four fifty-four __ I race Porsches. white leather fronts as __ as air forces." It has a catchy beat with some hillbilly harmonica over it. If you've heard it, you'll know what I mean. I don't know what the name of it is, since the only station that plays it is kinda underground and doesn't call song names much. They're in the 90.x range for South Florida and Talahasee IIRC. If anyone gets the name of this song for me, I'll reveal secrets yet untold to you. Treasures await. Answer now. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Shit, the version of 24 I have must be wrong then. Totally different song. TI's 24 doesn't have these lyrics in the version I have, but are listed on some lyric searches:

"Four fifty four's, I race Porsches
White leather seats, as fresh as Air Forces "

Those are only part of the lyrics for TI's first verse in that song, "24's". But for the song I'm talking about, those specific lyrics are slightly slowed down and looped for the chorus. The song is different from "24's", it just uses that sample. Kinda like Jay-Z sampling Nas in Dead Presidents, or that other song out now that samples Snoop's line "Drop it like it's hot."

I thought one of the DJs said it was from Dade County Boys, but I don't know. He says that shit a lot. It's been played a few times now and I can't seem to get the name. The same thing happened with "Wait" from Ying Yang Twins. The song was out for a while underground, but they didn't call the name of it much and it was hard to figure out who it was from. Is that song big anywhere else? It's going out down here now since it's been out a few months, but I figure we would have gotten that one early. Oh shit, it's playing again on 90.9 right now. Anyone in Miami tune in. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom