• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: IEM Season VIII: Singapore – StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm & League of Legends

SamuraiX-

The world's best gamers are coming back to Singapore. Between November 28th and December 1st, 2013, Intel Extreme Masters will bring the best League of Legends teams and StarCraft II players to SITEX in Singapore. With a total of $95,000 in prize money, a lot is on the line for the teams and players.

iZipIS3WKUiTy.png

izF9unvijV25y.png

The StarCraft II online qualifiers for IEM Singapore took place in two stages: the first stage was an open sign up and the second stage seeded players based on their previous results. There were three qualifiers in total that awarded tournament spots to two players from Europe, two players from North and South America and four players from Asia and Oceania. The eight qualified players received a fully paid trip to Singapore. Regional qualifiers ensure that there is a diverse spectrum of talent from all over the globe.

The main event will take place over three stages. The first stage will spotlight the local and international StarCraft II talent with two brackets of eight participants competing for four spots in the second stage. The top four of the first stage will join the eight players from the online qualifiers as well as four other wildcard players. These 16 players will then play in a group stage, battling fiercely to advance to the 8-man playoffs.

Format

• Stage 1
    - Two double-elimination brackets consisting of eight players each.
    - Top 2 players from each bracket advance to Stage 2.
  • Stage 2
    - Four groups consisting of four players each (4 Stage 1 winners, 8 qualified players and 4 wildcard invites) compete in a dual tournament format.
    - Top 2 players from each group advance to Stage 3.
  • Stage 3
    - Single-elimination bracket consisting of eight players.
    - Quarterfinals and Semifinals are Best of 5.
    - Grand Final is Best of 7.
Prize Pool

$25,000 will be distributed among players as follows:

• ibyiYRrSeC6v05.png
    1st Place - $10,000
  • i0VwyHqeVdrEQ.png
    2nd Place - $4,000
  • ibulctIZcnpWXu.png
    3rd/4th Place - $2,000
  • 5th-8th Place - $1,000
  • 9th-12th Place - $400
  • 13th-16th Place - $350
Participants

id8XhyzLzhklf.png

* DemiLove is unable to attend and will be replaced by Revenant.

ibguV7ID106dY4.jpg

Note: Because HuK forfeited his spot in Group A there will be an opportunity for a fifth player to advance from Stage 1.

Results

Schedule

Streams

iZLpVrCAWMVzl.png

At SITEX, six pro teams will fight for $50,000 in prize money, while four Asian amateur teams will have a chance at a share of $20,000 in a separate amateur tournament.

Teams

ibvIEIjjWguafv.png

iSJO8ko5t3sXz.png

Results

Schedule

Streams

SamuraiX-

Rooting hard for Dream to at least make it to Stage 2. He basically has three shots at it and with SeleCT being the only other Terran, I think this is a golden opportunity for him.

SamuraiX-

Poor Blysk. Nestea didn't even bother spreading creep lol.

Like ToD was saying, Blysk's tactical play and build orders are pretty good but his engagements and decision making as the game progresses just falls short.

I'm really surprised Avenge somehow 2-0'd San considered San is amazing in PvP and Avenge has been shitting it up as of late.

Maynarde casting with Kaelaris next match! Glad IEM brought him back. :D

Both games were fails by Nestea (second game to a lesser extent). I don't know why he tried to go straight in swarm hosts and skip Roaches on 2 base, especially when you know Avenge has 3 warpgates. Second game he just didn't scout his 3rd for proxies, which was weird since Avenge placed a proxy pylon in more or less the same exact spot last game.

Man Prime needs to get their shit together and start sending Maru to these events. Him, Creator and Byun need some more exposure asap. Creator and Maru moreso because they are actually good. For that matter Soul if they weren't financially strapped should send Dear and Trap to places as well.

Proleague is fine and all but its still a week or so away.

SamuraiX-

Omg Dream 2-0'd EffOrt AND Oz! :O

Guys, guys! Dream vs Curious in the winners finals right now!

Tune in if you want to see some of the most godly TvZ on the planet!

SamuraiX-

Dude Dream is ripping apart Curious! Its like watching Innovation/MKP but even better!

His TvZ has always been absolutely orgasmic, I cannot even lie. The multitasking he shows off when playing against a Zerg, regardless of how elite they are, is just second to none.

The only thing holding him back from being one of the hardcore elite Terrans in the world is his mediocre TvT. :(

The good news is that Terrans are lacking in this tournament so regardless of which group he gets placed in, he can probably make a deep run.

Aaron

Multitasking the game.

Also terran still have no answer for large muta clumps. Turrets die too fast to do anything.

Five turrets even against the reduced clump did nothing. Blizzard plz.

Oracle needs to be fixed first but yeah Muta balls are ridiculous. Just get rid of their regen imo.

Man Dream what a player. So hyped for game 3. Curious lost that if Dream had more WMs and pushed to his 3rd after killing the lair and spawning pool.

Go DREAM!

Edit: Dream needs to work on his lategame. Can't blame him though because that Muta ball was just too huge. Thors might or might not have helped. If all those Mutas died from the 3 WM hits then Dream might have won.

SamuraiX-

Dream... so close. ;_;

Curious just figured him out. Responded perfectly to Dream's playstyle in Games 2 and 3 and somehow kept up with the multitasking. Not to mention that Dream's macro was noticeably slipping a lot during these games. :(

That being said: fuck Mutaballs to hell.

Aaron

Well, that's it for terran. Dream had the better macro and micro, but mutas are such a brain dead overpowered unit now that he didn't have a chance. They're so fast, so easily avoid damage, regen when they take damage, and take almost no micro. Widow mines reduced the whole clump to red health, and in less than a minute later they were almost full again. It's dire.

SamuraiX-

Thankfully Dream has a chance in the losers bracket. Hope he makes it!

Yeah, he'll play the winner of EffOrt and Oz... two guys he's already 2-0'd in the winners bracket but if they're able to adapt like Curious did then he might be in trouble.

There's also that fail-safe with the 3rd place finisher in Dual Tournament #2 playing Avenge to decide on a fifth player to advance to the group stage to replace HuK.

SamuraiX-

You guys gotta watch Dream vs effOrt Game 3 in the lower bracket final... mostly for Kaelaris and Maynarde. They are amazing together when they're sleep-deprived. hahaha

SamuraiX-

Yeeeesss!! Mvp makes it to the quarterfinals! :D

Heyo, DRG vs effOrt is seriously about to happen in the winners match of Group B right now! No sleeping or Black Friday for none of you! Get on this shit!

Pretty cool of DRG using mainly infestors and swarm hosts vs Mech. Also there's something hilarious about watching 20 swarm hosts vs a planetary and 1 SCV.

Aaron

Yeah. Great second game by DRG, though Happy probably would have won if he hadn't made so many ravens only to lose them.

Syf

Banned
Gah, why must IEM lead right into Dreamhack. No time for sleep lol. Good to see DRG playing so well. Keep it up against effOrt!

Anyone watching this game? God damn happy should have ended it so many times but just keeps backing off. It's so frustrating it feels like he's trying to stall it out.

SamuraiX-

If you guys want to see some sick TvZ mech play, be sure to check out all the games between Mvp and Curious. They faced off twice and Mvp is bringing dat sweet, sexy mech back.

SamuraiX-

Dream is absolutely screwed if Bomber doesn't beat Scarlett. ;_;

At least he'd have a pretty good shot if he could face Scarlett. I think herO doesn't get enough love as one of the legit Korean Protoss players but I'm incredibly disappointed to see that Dream lost to him 0-2. :-/

LOL WTF was that Bomber? That was his game plan? Thors and Hellbats? Maybe if you had 8 Thors and like 20 Hellbats. It was surprisingly close when Bomber was just throwing away units. 3/3 Thors really good.

Poor Scarlett. Bomber is a beast. That was nicely done using a CS timing. Came out like a random punch that was a knockout blow. I don't get why Zergs don't hold the towers using a ling. GG anyways. Bomber go rip apart herO! I want you to show off that BF Hellbat style again.

My god that game was incredible. Dream should have rebuilt an orbital or two so he could scan for baneling mines.

Scarlett should 6 pool. Dream might give up on StarCraft 2 if she does.

SamuraiX-

Missed all the matches before Scarlett vs Dream... just tell me one thing. How many of herO's victories involved proxies and/or Oracles?

I really wanted Bomber AND Dream to get out of this group... Sadly, even if Dream manages to best Scarlett, Bomber is gonna annihilate him. :(

Missed all the matches before Scarlett vs Dream... just tell me one thing. How many of herO's victories involved proxies and/or Oracles?

I really wanted Bomber AND Dream to get out of this group... Sadly, even if Dream manages to best Scarlett, Bomber is gonna annihilate him. :(

The last game herO won with a 7 gate Blink allin. Bomber almost had it but lost due to moving out and killing most of herO's army but no rax production and salvaging his bunkers making his defense nonexistent.

Also the Muta # in game 1 of Dream vs Scarlett was just disgusting. Too many mutas. Really should be nerfed or Turrets need to start doing 30/40 vs Mutas. She had like 50 Mutas which was just insane.

The last game herO won with a 7 gate Blink allin. Bomber almost had it but lost due to moving out and killing most of herO's army but no rax production and salvaging his bunkers making his defense nonexistent.

Also the Muta # in game 1 of Dream vs Scarlett was just disgusting. Too many mutas. Really should be nerfed or Turrets need to start doing 30/40 vs Mutas. She had like 50 Mutas which was just insane.

That's what happens when you don't force Zerg to make banelings.

Didn't see Scarlett vs Bomber earlier but Scarlett is terrible in early game. If she plays the same Bomber can probably camp her third and win with a better economy.

SamuraiX-

He had at least one proxy and one oracle play, but I don't know if those were the winning games.

Wow. Really surprised to hear. Gonna have to go watch the replays.

Damn... Oh well. I don't mind herO making the quarterfinals but if Scarlett wins we're gonna have very few Terrans. :(

Yeah, seriously. Giving Mutas that regen is the stupidest shit ever. It pretty much takes away the punishment of players having piss poor micro with Mutas. Hopefully it'll get nerfed out after DK sees how broken Scarlett's Muta whoring is.

gg Dream ;_;

COME ON, BOMBER!!

Syf

Banned
Yeah, her mutas really were overpowering. The missile turret just doesn't do anywhere near enough damage for a structure that's supposed to exclusively attack air. Bomber got a bit lucky when Scarlett went full foreigner and flew her muta pack straight into Bomber's group of marines. That did major damage at a time when (if I'm remembering right) Scarlett was looking to win the game.

Top Bottom