• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could assign a superhero game to a studio....

mindsale

The Crow or Scud: The Disposable Assassin to Naughty Dog.

The Crow could be as visually rich as the 1992 film and have some LOU stealth elements.

Scud could play like Uncharted and feature similar wise-cracks.

Superman to Rocksteady.

There really hasn't been a good Superman game in a long time, if not ever.

I was thinking about this just the other day. Give it to the right studio and it will be an instant treasure. There are multiple reasons why it's hard to do a ("traditional") Superman game justice, but it's a really cool thought experiment, nonetheless.

How would a developer handle combat since Superman is so powerful? How do you make flight feel satisfying and seamless? Do you put him in an open-world, and if so, how do you deal with destruction; or, do you want to make it a "crisis management" game and play up the "save the day" motif? Are the enemies robots, humans, aliens, or giant cosmic threats?

Lots of different ways to go about it, and I hope someone will be able to hit all the right notes...

I want to see Japanese studios reinvent some classic superheroes.

Superman's Wrath by Cyberconnect2

Shin Megami Tensei: Teen Titans by Atlus

Nightwing Revengeance by Platinum

Daredevil or Moon Knight by From Software

DC vs Marvel developed by Netherrealm with character designs by Capcom

And of course, Justice League Warriors by Omega Force. Let's go.

wamberz1

Karas to Platinum.

karas_by_catlqe.jpg

Elaborate intros and and transformations, a whole slew of weapons and abilities, he can transform into a jet and a car, and the show already has bullet time elements that they tend to enjoy for their parry/dodge systems.
This would be incredible and totally plausible.

I expected better from you

Midnight Sons son

Nah, with Triggon & Raven it has to be the Titans. Plus half the game would be spent in school anyway.

But I can't believe I forgot to mention Blade. I'd give him to Iga for a Metroidvania game. It makes too much sense.

That would put the last two Superman movies into a shame in terms of combat scale.

Superman's punch would sure hurt more than Asura's punch. I guess....

I just want to see Superman battle the god of the universe and throw planets at him to make him miss his QTEs.

Not exactly a superhero of the comic-book pedigree, but I've been saying for years that there isn't a licensed project more appropriate for Platinum than Samurai Jack. It seemed like the window had long passed for that to ever happen, but now that the show is being revived, who knows?

Anung

Un Rama
Hellblazer to the Persona guys
Judge Dredd to Visceral Games (The way Isaac moves and the weapon feel is how I want a Dredd game to feel.)
Daredevil by Techland
Hellboy by FromSoftware (think bloodborne controls)

dtcm83

Spawn by From Software, mentioned already but was exactly what I was thinking. Also mentioned already, but I read the whole Transmetropolitan series a couple years ago and thought how cool it would be to play as a Telltale style game.

NahaNago

rather than superheroes i would like supervillains so a game based off of magneto's genosha tropico style , mystique i'd go kojima , king pin i'd go 2k games, and lobo goes to platinum. i'd also love a game based off the hydra organization. My mind is going blank now on super villains.

Disgraced

Ever since Skyrim I've thought Bethesda could make a fun create-a-superhero (or villain) game, since in a lot of ways that's essentially what that game is. A lot of the armor sets even look really superheroic.

NahaNago

Ever since Skyrim I've thought Bethesda could make a fun create-a-superhero (or villain) game, since in a lot of ways that's essentially what that game is. A lot of the armor sets even look really superheroic.

You could just have Bethesda work on a Asgard world with your character being whatever you wanted him or her to be.

I just want an Ant-Man game. I have no idea what developer but I think the character opens up so many gameplay possibilities and interesting mechanics. For example; a punisher game, while cool, is just a shooter. Ant-Man got the whole shifting perspectives thing going on.

Anung

Un Rama
I just want an Ant-Man game. I have no idea what developer but I think the character opens up so many gameplay possibilities and interesting mechanics. For example; a punisher game, while cool, is just a shooter. Ant-Man got the whole shifting perspectives thing going on.

Dude that could be cool as hell. One minute you you be playing a Kaiju ant-man game and the next some micro-machines shit.

Dude that could be cool as hell. One minute you you be playing a Kaiju ant-man game and the next some micro-machines shit.
Exactly! While I love superheroes, a lot of them offers very little in terms of interesting mechanics. Spider-Man got his swinging which is dope as hell, but otherwise many of them would just be third person action games with a slight twist. Now don't get me wrong, I would eat them up, but Ant-Man's power set would offer something truly unique.

dezzy8

Blade - Ninja Theory. I think they could nail a blade game story wise and with the gameplay.

X-Men - Whoever the hell made those Xmen Legend games. I loved the 4 player action and they need to get on another one. No create your own hero billshit either.

Deadpool - Platinum games.

jdstorm

Banned
Superman to Psyonix

They made the really underrated rail shooter Arc Squadron and combining that with a Rocket League inspired dynamic ariel fighting game could be something really special

Dick Greyson to Sega.

Who wouldnt want to play a Yakuza style game set in gotham city

Edit: Ant Man - Nintendo

Mario already regularly changes sizes via mushrooms. He goes both Mini and Huge in NSMBU. Putting an Antman Skin on a similar game would be the best use of his powers

Top Bottom