• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you don't go see The Incredibles, you suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachinko

Tonights experiment involved me and 5 friends watching this film. Right as it started , one of my friends decided he didn't really want to go watch it , we had allready sat down in the theatre and everything so I was kind of "whatever , deal with it". Then the other 3 people showed up , we got all settled in and watched boundin.

Boundin' was not my cup of tea, it had charm going for it but I've just never been a fan of the sing songy stuff. I can see the kids eating it up though. As for the trailers- Chicken little looks really stupid, cars looks awful, national treasure looked ridiculous and Episode 3 looked pretty sweet. Unfortunatly, all the star wars trailers make the films look good until you watch the whole thing so... not really holding my breath over here.

The film itself , I found was a wonderful ride from start to finish. It reminded me of watching a 95 minute saturday morning cartoon but with 100 times the budget and a storyline that went a little further then just selling me a toy.

Apparently though, I was alone in my enjoyment of the movie. Every person I went with though it sucked becuase to quote various things- it ripped jokes out of the watchmen, was too much of a family film(and the same guy mentioned he liked finding nemo) and the general concensus was that it was far too predictable. Admittadly out of 6 people total , 2 were hardcore goths, 2 were sort of goth and me and the other guy weren't at all. The 2 hardcore goth kids hated it the most though.

Would I say it's pixars best film to date ? no. I still really like Monsters Inc for cuteness and Toy story 2 for humour but I will give this film props for trying something different from the other pixar movies plotwise. I'd reccomend it to almost anyone so long as you can get past the heavily cliched and extremly predictable plotline.

Rlan

Were the hardcode goths the Angry,"Murr, I'm grumpy 100% of the time", type or the Incredibly Happy, "Hehe he I just cut an evil symbol into my palm, isn't it cool? ^_^" type?

J2 Cool

What I was thinking of when you mentioned the goth kids:

714_image_18.jpg

Likely the "everything sucks unless its pain" kind. :)

Lhadatt

Rorschach said:
I'm not to crazy about the character design. The Dad is the only one I like. Wtf is up with the daughter? I expecter HER to be the one that can stretch...nasty. I was ok with there being kids in it since it's a kid's flick, but when I saw the baby I shivered. The baby can only mean that there's gonna be the obligatory "baby defeats badass badguy" or "baby saves the day punchline." PROVE ME WRONG, INCREDIBLES.
The baby plays a very minor part. He's not even in 90% of the movie. And no, he does not save the day.

Awesome movie. Possibly one of the best superhero movies ever, if simply for the lack of holes in the plot. It's great to see a Brad Bird movie get the exposure it deserves.

Chipopo

Banned
has Brad Bird done anything else besides Iron Giant? I just don't see how can be the 'American Miyazaki' after one film. Seems a bit ejaculatory.

Seeing Incredibles Sunday.

the movie was awesome! reminden' me of superhero movies like X2 and spiderman2.... for a 'cartoon' to pull this off!... to me, its a must see!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
My F*cking Grandpa said:
has Brad Bird done anything else besides Iron Giant? I just don't see how can be the 'American Miyazaki' after one film. Seems a bit ejaculatory.

yeah, he was also producer on many of the earliest seasons of a little show you might of heard of..

the simpsons

On November 05, 2004, I saw what will go down as both one of the greatest animated films ever made and also, the greatest superhero film of all-time.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
The Incredibles is an excellent, excellent movie in all respects. It may just be the best superhero movie ever made, and it may even be Pixar's best to date.

Brad Bird is 2 for 2.

We didn't get the Star Wars trailer, so I'm glad I was able to see it on Thursday. Cars looks like crap, and Bounding was definitely targeted more directly at children than any of Pixar's other shorts. While it's cute, I'd say it's Pixar's poorest effort to date. I hope that Cars ends up being a lot better than the trailer -- I'm not even remotely interested in NASCAR so that doesn't appeal to me, and the dumb hick pickup truck seems more like a DISNEY character than a PIXAR character, if you know what I mean. We'll see next year.

This movie was Fan-Fucking-Tastic.

Anyone who didn't at least enjoy it has no soul.

In many ways it didn't feel like a Pixar film. It takes its sweet ass time at the beginning, it's violent, and I can see the underlying theme alienating some people...

I find it difficult to say which is Pixar's "best" film (though Bug's Life is obviously the worst). They each approach their ideas and worlds with very different tones, aesthetics, and humor.

I can at the least say that The Incredibles is among my top films of the year...

*Noel Coward Parody

tmdorsey

Rorschach said:
I'm not to crazy about the character design.

The character design was fine to me, each character had a distinct look, especically the Mom. Man....being an ass man, I think I might have liked her design alittle too much.
:D

Anyway the movie was excellent. After this movie, there can't possibly be any debate that Pixar 0wnz all others when it comes to CG animation. I wasn't that into Boundin, but my 6 year old nephew liked it so take that for what you will. What was funny was in the theater I was in there were more laughs and reactions from the adults than the kids, particulary during the non-action scenes.

To sum up another Pixar classic. There record is still flawless with me.

The Incredibles is amazing. I love how the superheroes actually use their superpowers during the spectacular action scenes.

One of my favorite parts is when Mr. Incredible is first fighting the spider/ball-dude and he throws out his back, and then the spider stretches him and snaps his back into place. :lol

3phemeral

They dod a really good job of humanizing the characters and rationalizing out their powers. They're not just super human, but they're vulnerable too. I felt it ran a little on the long side, but it was enjoyable frpm start to finish. Definitely one of my fav. Pixar works.... stomps all over Shark's Tale.

What I found amazing was those environments. A lot of the times the city/plants/water looked absolutely and insanely too real. The jungle trees, while slightly glossy, were modeled and animated beautifully. The water motion was perfect -- and even the characters seemed to grab a little more tangibility when they were wet; seemed like living dolls in the ocean. There were several points where I thought, "damn, if pixar made a game that looked like this..."

Asides from all that, did anyone else here get those 15 million annoying clips of "Bigg's Adventure"? The animation was atrocious and the main "genius" chick looked like a midget Staci Keanan with red hair that had no eyelashes.

borghe

with cars you can look at it in one of two ways. either that pixar can't fail and it will be awesome or that even pixar can throw out a stinker...

personally, 3 for 3 and they got talent, 4 for 4 and they are geniuses.. at this point 6 for 6 and they are hollywood history.. for cars, my money's on pixar (though I didn't dislike the trailer as much as some of you).

and yes, brad bird and pixar rock. I just can't believe what comes out of each of these places each and every time. It's like a constant and guaranteed source of movie magic.

I agree with tmdorsey I like the Mom's Ass a bit too much :)

Am I the only one who thinks only an ElasticGirl can do it with a Superhuman
That always bugged me when thinking of Lois Lane and Superman

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Pixar is essentially what Disney used to be -- a company making great films for people of all ages. I'm personally hoping that when Eisner leaves (cue applause), Pixar stays with Disney as the CGI film group and the Disney animation teams will drop their inane CGI films and do some GOOD cel animation.

Grrr... Eisner... he mangles everything he touches.

Odoul

I KNEW I wasn't the only one who saw that the mom had a duke.

I saw it with my little bro(17) and cousins(14 and 6). I thought it was great. Think my brother and cousin liked it. My youngest cousin fell asleep after about 10 minutes.

Great movie. Though it was LOT more explicit in the death and danger than I was expecting. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

ManaByte

My F*cking Grandpa said:

Brad Bird worked on the best seasons EVER of The Simpsons, and was a consultant on The Simpsons, The Critic, and King of the Hill. He was mentored by the "old men" at Disney. You know, the ones who did all of the Disney classics. He also did Family Dog in Amazing Stories and the best American animated film in the last twenty years, The Iron Giant. He's by far the best and most respected mind in American animation today.

srst

The movie was amazing! I didn't expect it to be this good. You really can't get your eyes off the screen with that amount of detail and fast pace action. I'm going see it again next week.

I really liked it. Mostly the first 2/3 of the movie, which had some great humor. Though I didn't care that much for the last 1/3. Just generic action scenes only serving the purpose of showing off the super powers, over and over, that we've already seen. But yeah, I expected that. Great movie though.

COCKLES

being watched
Shame the FF movie tanked. There's a lot of stuff / properties that would benefit from the endless realm of a artifical environment - I hope if they ever do a Halo movie, that it's done CGI - you just couldn't realise Master Chief like he is in the games with a real actor / suit.

FoneBone

Marty Chinn said:
Just got back from it tonight. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I still think Monsters Inc is my favorite Pixar flick still. To me it still has the best ending of any Pixar flick. That's not to put down The Incredibles by any bit, it's still got Pixar's magic to it.
IAWTP

Willco

Hollywood Square
COCKLES said:
Shame the FF movie tanked.

Not really. That movied sucked.

There's a lot of stuff / properties that would benefit from the endless realm of a artifical environment - I hope if they ever do a Halo movie, that it's done CGI - you just couldn't realise Master Chief like he is in the games with a real actor / suit.

I don't think we really need a Halo movie. Or a Resident Evil movie. All these games are so cinematic that they make movie adaptations kind of irrelevant, and since they're never 100% faithful, always manage to piss off fans.

FoneBone

Willco said:
Not really. That movied sucked.
I don't think he was trying to say that it was good, just that it's unfortunate that it killed off the idea of "mature" mainstream animation for the forseeable future. Which I agree with.

Prospero

I enjoyed this more than I did any other Pixar movie.

This had the most evocative and detailed character designs of any Pixar film. Not just the facial expressions, but
the way the shapes of the bodies changed as they became middle aged: the big middle-aged behind that Elasti-Girl gets, and the way that Mr. Incredible goes from young and fit at the beginning, to overweight, to toned but still not in the condition that he was fifteen years before.
Elasti-Girl's design reminded me of the
Mom Jeans fake commercial
on Saturday Night Live.

For a technical standpoint, the hair was the most realistic I've ever seen in a CG film, including Final Fantasy. I enjoyed every single set piece--even the one that starts the film outdoes the showcase set pieces of other Pixar movies (like the airport in Toy Story 2).

As much as I liked this and The Iron Giant, Brad Bird hasn't worked enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Miyazaki. Producing The Simpsons doesn't count for much--each of those episodes has something like ten producers these days, and it takes five minutes to run through the credits.

The only complaint I'd have about the plotting is that
the film couldn't seem to make up its mind about the source of the marital conflict--does the mother think that her husband is having an affair, or that he's sneaking out and doing superhero stuff on the side, or both? Sometimes it seems like one, and sometines the other, and it seems like those would be mutually exclusive. If it's the case that she thinks he's cheating on him because of the white hair she finds on his clothes, then all the business with the new suits and the secret volcano should have disabused her of that, but she still seems to think that Mr. Incredible is cheating when she sees him with Mirage, even though there's tons of torture paraphrenalia all over the place in that room and his excuse obviously checks out. Then when Mr. Incredible apologizes (while Violet's setting them free after they've gotten captured), his apology seems sort of vague and unfocused, but it seems to suffice for whatever it is that his wife was angry about.
But that's a minor nitpick--the characters certainly had far better development than those of most other animated films, domestic or foreign. One of my favorite parts of the film was the scene at the dinner table: it's clear that the animators took as much care with that as they did with the elaborate action sequences.

Question for film-music buffs: I liked the wanna-be John Barry score, and thought it fit, but wasn't John Barry himself actually supposed to score this movie at one point? (The trailers had a remix of the main theme from On Her Majesty's Secret Service, at any rate.)

EDIT: a bit of googling reveals that John Barry did a demo score for The Incredibles when it was early along in development, but that it was rejected by producers. The guy who finally scored the movie also scored the Medal of Honor games.

borghe

Prospero said:
As much as I liked this and The Iron Giant, Brad Bird hasn't worked enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Miyazaki. Producing The Simpsons doesn't count for much--each of those episodes has something like ten producers these days, and it takes five minutes to run through the credits.
brad bird didn't work on the simpsons in "these days". he worked on them in the beginning. the two episodes he actually directed were the famous "Krusty Gets Busted" from season 1 and "Like Father Like Clown" from season 3. He was an executive consultant on the show since the first christmas special (that predates the series) and was an uncredited consultant and producer on the shorts during the tracey ullman show. He was also an animator on The Fox and the Hound and was at Disney previous to that under the "nine old men".

but back to the simpsons, arguably Bird is just as much a reason the simpsons is what it is today as is al jean, j. l. brooks, and groening himself. yes today it has credits that run for five minutes, but back when it was just a couple dozen guys working on it, bird was one of the top ones.

so does bird have the body of work miyazaki does? no, of course not. but I would argue that every single project that has had bird's direct involvement is every bit as magical as a miyazaki film. without question.

as for the score work, I was disappointed that we never got the score piece that we got in the first teaser (the bahm, bah buh buh). That was part of what made the teaser for me.. still decent score, but it had no resonating theme to it other than "basic action/drama score".

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Prospero said:
Question for film-music buffs: I liked the wanna-be John Barry score, and thought it fit, but wasn't John Barry himself actually supposed to score this movie at one point? (The trailers had a remix of the main theme from On Her Majesty's Secret Service, at any rate.)

EDIT: a bit of googling reveals that John Barry did a demo score for The Incredibles when it was early along in development, but that it was rejected by producers. The guy who finally scored the movie also scored the Medal of Honor games.
Brad Bird's official line is basically that John Barry started out but ultimately Barry felt that he'd already done the desired kind of music earlier in his career and the two mutually agreed that someone else might be better suited to take that sound as a starting point in a new yet familiar direction. It sounds like a rather amicable split from what Brad Bird's been saying.

Boogie

Just saw the movie. It rocked beyond all my expectations. I absolutely loved it, and in my opinion, it is Pixar's best movie. The only thing it needed was more Samuel L. Jackson.

Oh, but I didn't get a Star Wars Trailer before the film.

Lhadatt

Random People Who Didn't See the Ep3 Teaser said:
It wasn't before Incredibles! This is either an outrage or I am ambivalent!
The teaser sucked. Don't worry about not seeing it.

Side note: I saw I! at one of Austin's Drafthouses, which are 18+ only theaters since you can have booze with your popcorn. So, the audience was made up of that prime demographic Lucas is shooting for with these SW movies. To top it off, it was a midnight movie. You would normally expect at least one person in the crowd to whoop and hollar when the Lucasfilm logo appeared, but no one uttered any such noise during the entire teaser.

Go home, George. Your time is up.

Willco

Hollywood Square
That sounds like a Star Wars HATER. Listen, everyone rags on me about bitching about the Star Wars prequels, but even I admit the teaser was pretty kickin'.

Lhadatt

Willco said:
That sounds like a Star Wars HATER. Listen, everyone rags on me about bitching about the Star Wars prequels, but even I admit the teaser was pretty kickin'.
I don't hate SW. On the other hand, I was never as into it as some other people my age (26) have been -- yeah I grew up with it, but it was never really my thing.

I would very much like for Ep3 to be something other than a cinematic disaster like Ep1 and Ep2. I'm not asking for much, just a good popcorn flick that isn't ruined by Teh Child of Fortune or awful "romance" scenes. The small bits of space battles did look pretty. What could be the Darth Vader unvieling scene looked dumb. Monkeyboy Hayden has a distinct lack of acting skill and George's writting has been proven to be crappy. I think this movie's going to be rather uneven, and I am pretty sure I am not alone in this opinion.

Lhadatt said:
To top it off, it was a midnight movie. You would normally expect at least one person in the crowd to whoop and hollar when the Lucasfilm logo appeared, but no one uttered any such noise during the entire teaser.

Don't worry, I was at a 10:10 showing complete with the whooping and hollering. And also featuring a group of some guys that looked like 40 somethings who got up and left after the preview was done.

Lhadatt said:
I don't hate SW. On the other hand, I was never as into it as some other people my age (26) have been -- yeah I grew up with it, but it was never really my thing.

I would very much like for Ep3 to be something other than a cinematic disaster like Ep1 and Ep2. I'm not asking for much, just a good popcorn flick that isn't ruined by Teh Child of Fortune or awful "romance" scenes. The small bits of space battles did look pretty. What could be the Darth Vader unvieling scene looked dumb. Monkeyboy Hayden has a distinct lack of acting skill and George's writting has been proven to be crappy. I think this movie's going to be rather uneven, and I am pretty sure I am not alone in this opinion.
Hayden Christensen is a good actor actually.

Dan

Lhadatt said:
Monkeyboy Hayden has a distinct lack of acting skill
Factually incorrect. Lucas simply doesn't know how to evoke emotion from his actors, and if you give anyone his weak dialogue it's not going to come out that well. There are a whole slew of talented actors in the prequels and none of them have given much of a performance.

Dan

FoneBone said:
Back on topic... "monologuing." I love it.
I thought it was especially funny that Jason Lee's character got a jab at that joke's second appearance considering his role in Dogma...

Azrael: Oh no, I've seen way too many Bond movies to know that you never reveal all the details of your plan, no matter how close you may think you are to winning.

J2 Cool

Asides from all that, did anyone else here get those 15 million annoying clips of "Bigg's Adventure"? The animation was atrocious and the main "genius" chick looked like a midget Staci Keanan with red hair that had no eyelashes.

Huh? Sorry, I didnt follow you there. What exactly are you talking about.

:lol at "monologuing" among a whole crap load of other stuff. I have to agree this is neck and neck with Spider-man 2 for best superhero movie ever. Especially some of the action scenes stand among the best.
The whole ending reminded me of Galactus vs. Marvel. Combining super powers and taking down a major threat using so many different means. It was amazing. And the speed is really what you'd expect superheros to look like out of comics.
I loved every bit of the movie, beginning to end. Opening was just too damn cool too. Made the characters seem very real. No music or nothing. Oh, and Elastigirl.. I don't understand how I could say this but.. damn.

The whole movie was hysterical too in a not so in your face way. There's so much to love, so much depth. When I left the theater I heard a little kid with a voice close to exactly like Dash's saying "That part was awesome". A little shrimp running past me. Not only did it show me how much they nailed those younger characters and made em so real, but it also showed me how enjoyable this film is to everyone. Oh, and Boundin was pretty frickin cool imo. When they
snatch him, shave him, and throw him bare in the rain and he sings about it the theater was a riot realizing we were back in Pixar's trustful hands.
I like the fact that Pixar just doesn't care about what people want. They do what they enjoy and people love them for it. It makes everything so fresh that comes out of that studio. Making money I bet never crosses their mind. That's guranteed. Now they're making art.

Just everything they think would be cool they have the freedom to. Look at the stuff that's come out of there. Shorts and movies combined. It's amazing. Geri's Game could have been done nowhere else. Stuff like outtakes for a cg movie is just plain cool.
Making the credits of The Incredibles hand drawn comic book like animation was awesome.
The studio is the reason Bird was able to get this film done. They knew he was great and made it happen. John Lasseter specifically. They're harcore animation fans. It just makes Disney look so pathetic and Dreamworks formulated pop culture/3D look so shameful.

About Cars, the teaser didn't win me over and I also don't like Nascar but I'll be seeing it. They havent led me wrong yet. But the Star Wars episode III trailer, pretty damn good. Maybe it had something to do with the Son of Mask trailer showing directly before it, actually likely a cause for it looking good. That was the absolute worst part of the theater experience easily tonight. Jamie Kennedy, hate.. Green dogs, hate. The Mask minus Jim Carrey, fucking gross.... Sorry to stray from the point. But yeah, episode III was refreshing and a treat for the eyes coming after that.

So yeah, that sums it up. To all involved with this movie and Pixar in general, as well as especially Brad Bird, thank you. The Incredibles fucking rocked. Now to pick up The Iron Giant.

Dan

J2 Cool said:
Geri's Game could have been done nowhere else.
Geri's Game is so great. It's just such a great concept and rather touching in an odd way. The director, Jan Pinkava, is the one handling Pixar's 8th film, titled Ratatouille, about a rat that lives in an upscale Parisian restaurant. So I'm looking forward to hearing more about that one.

3phemeral

J2 Cool said:
Huh? Sorry, I didnt follow you there. What exactly are you talking about.

Here, in Alhambra, CA , before all the previews and all the obligatory "turn off your cell phone before the movie starts", they had a ton of mini-trailers dedicated to some crappy movie called "Bigg's Adventure". One trailer focused on the camera trailing up a pine tree while 3 kids yell about whether or not they can see "Bigg", then it fades out and says "Coming soon...".

Afterwards, they have another trailer giving small bios of each of the characters. After every character, they end the sequence with a reverberation similar to the one in Jurassic Park and the T-Rex pounding it's foot against the floor. It -- again- ends with a "Coming Soon...", and continues to do this for the other two characters. The second character is a "Genius Mechanic" and the third is the first characters "stupid brother", again -- all ending with a "Coming Soon..."

Another trailer, they have a little field mouse running around some grainy terrain, slowly losing it's balance over a bunch of eathquakes caused by the first pounds of sound that I mentioned earlier... and with every instance of the sound, the ground shakes more frequently and with more impact. The field mouse suddenly loses most of its balance and tumble sover a few times... then the camera pans out and shows that the terrain the field mouse is on is actually the logo for Bigg's Adventure.

Another ad is where the three kids are in the theater, talking about how they want to watch the movie. Two of the charactersbegin to argue while the middle one pleads for silence. It fades out and says "Coming Soon...", andr then, it's followed by a final *annoying* trailer that was exaclty like the first -- the camera trailing up a pine tree with the kids yelling at each other. The only difference is that this time, you see a gigantic eye through the foliage... and then they reveal "The worlds largest dog... Coming Soon..."

Very Annoying

J2 Cool

Dan said:
Geri's Game is so great. It's just such a great concept and rather touching in an odd way. The director, Jan Pinkava, is the one handling Pixar's 8th film, titled Ratatouille, about a rat that lives in an upscale Parisian restaurant. So I'm looking forward to hearing more about that one.

yeah, I heard that guy was brilliant and was getting tons of awards at a young age but didnt have the patience. I love how Pixar finds talent and then pushes it. Like putting confidence in and pushing a guy who made an awesome short like Geri's Game, to make an entire film. Following that they have him as an animator in Bug's Life and a story artist in Toy Story 2. Then they just let him go to work. Everything going on down there is just amazing to me. I have no doubt his movie will be fantastic. They just make the whole industry so much better. Weren't they the ones who also were a major influence in getting Miyazaki's films into the US? I know I seen John Lasseter give an introduction to Castle in the Sky or Spirted Away. Those are some awesome flicks too.

ShadowRed

Banned
3pheMeraLmiX said:
Here, in Alhambra, CA , before all the previews and all the obligatory "turn off your cell phone before the movie starts", they had a ton of mini-trailers dedicated to some crappy movie called "Bigg's Adventure". One trailer focused on the camera trailing up a pine tree while 3 kids yell about whether or not they can see "Bigg", then it fades out and says "Coming soon...".

Afterwards, they have another trailer giving small bios of each of the characters. After every character, they end the sequence with a reverberation similar to the one in Jurassic Park and the T-Rex pounding it's foot against the floor. It -- again- ends with a "Coming Soon...", and continues to do this for the other two characters. The second character is a "Genius Mechanic" and the third is the first characters "stupid brother", again -- all ending with a "Coming Soon..."

Another trailer, they have a little field mouse running around some grainy terrain, slowly losing it's balance over a bunch of eathquakes caused by the first pounds of sound that I mentioned earlier... and with every instance of the sound, the ground shakes more frequently and with more impact. The field mouse suddenly loses most of its balance and tumble sover a few times... then the camera pans out and shows that the terrain the field mouse is on is actually the logo for Bigg's Adventure.

Another ad is where the three kids are in the theater, talking about how they want to watch the movie. Two of the charactersbegin to argue while the middle one pleads for silence. It fades out and says "Coming Soon...", andr then, it's followed by a final *annoying* trailer that was exaclty like the first -- the camera trailing up a pine tree with the kids yelling at each other. The only difference is that this time, you see a gigantic eye through the foliage... and then they reveal "The worlds largest dog... Coming Soon..."

Very Annoying

Yeah they showed these in the theature that I saw the Incredibles at. Some guy in from of me remarked,"I think they are trying to see how many comercials they can show before people get up and walk out." I believe there were like 5 comercials for it. They never said it was a movie, I assumed it ws a serial that would be shown before some movies or something. The animation was like old school Reboot or even Beast Machines quality. I looked like something that should have come out in 2000 rather than now.

Dan

Weren't they the ones who also were a major influence in getting Miyazaki's films into the US? I know I seen John Lassenter give an introduction to Castle in the Sky or Spirted Away. Those are some awesome flicks too.
Yeah, John Lasseter loved Spirited Away, Disney heard about his reaction and got him to help out with bringing the film to the US. There's an article here at Jim Hill Media that talks about his involvement. That's also a pretty great site for all kinds of info on inner workings and secrets of Disney. And yeah, he did the introduction to Castle in the Sky.

About that Bigg's Adventure or whatever, when it was first mentioned in this thread I tried to look it up on IMDB since I'd never heard of it, and it's absolutely not there, so yeah, I don't think it's a movie. I couldn't find anything on Google either, so I have no idea what it really is.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Best Pixar film to date. By far.

Incredibles just oozes "cool". I've always been a Bond fan, so I appreciated the many elements in Incredibles that pay homage to the series(the brilliant design of the Island, all the supporting cast and villains, and the kick-ass musical score).

This is probably the only Disney film that teens and adults will enjoy more than the kiddies. Because of that fact, repeat business might wane. Not because of me, though. I plan to see it again. And it already tops my DVD want-list. The Pixar direct-digital transfers are beautiful.

J2 Cool

Man, I've been thinking about Cars and if it could really be a bad Pixar film and I decided there's no way. I think Lasseter is just taking us back to something closer to Toy Story than any of the other Pixar films. I expect him to bring back the same sense of wonder I bet too. Imagine cars traveling America and the cool shit you could do. Running out of gas, breaking down, picking up hitchhikers. And add what you may think a car's sensibility or thoughts would actually be to all of this. Anyway, yeah, enough Pixar talk for tonight

Goreomedy said:
Best Pixar film to date. By far.

Incredibles just oozes "cool". I've always been a Bond fan, so I appreciated the many elements in Incredibles that pay homage to the series(the brilliant design of the Island, all the supporting cast and villains, and the kick-ass musical score).

This is probably the only Disney film that teens and adults will enjoy more than the kiddies. Because of that fact, repeat business might wane. Not because of me, though. I plan to see it again. And it already tops my DVD want-list. The Pixar direct-digital transfers are beautiful.

Hehe, same here. I want this movie now! Can't wait to own this disc and get to watch it on my home theater. It will be bliss. In the meantime I may have to go see it again

Anyone who sees this and hates it gets instantly put on ignore list. The best Pixar film yet IMO. Incredibles is damn right!

BTW, Brad Bird himself did the voice for Edna, the superhero fashion designer! Hilarious!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Great movie. Not as funny as any of the previous Pixar stuff ('cept for maybe Monsters Inc.), but a fun ride nonetheless.

Like every Pixar flick, all I could think about was having this on DVD one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom