• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you view only one trailer before 2005, it must be KUNG FU HUSTLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumbduck

Banned
i think not, that one trailer will be

WHORE the trailer

http://www.yoputa.com/trailers/trailer_1.wmv

and kung fu hustle should be pretty cool but not as great as shaoilin soccer simply because she wont be in it

zhao_wei003.jpg

oh yeh, thats right bitch, you swallow it

ManaByte

Asbel said:
Fixed.

Love the flying headbutt. Nice to hear it being recieved well and definitely looking forward to it. I see that kung fu song made it to the Japanese trailer too.. :/

Since it's being released by Sony and not Disney in the US we may see it here as early as March.

Timbuktu

I saw the film last week. It's non-stop action all the way through. Some of it borders on being cartoony and the film is not as fresh or comedic as Shaolin Soccer but the action is just so well done, as is the pathos. And the bonus is the endearing characters who are all so ordinary, yet extraordinary.

GG-Duo

fumbduck said:
i think not, that one trailer will be

WHORE the trailer

http://www.yoputa.com/trailers/trailer_1.wmv

and kung fu hustle should be pretty cool but not as great as shaoilin soccer simply because she wont be in it

zhao_wei003.jpg

oh yeh, thats right bitch, you swallow it

Stephen Chow has extraordinary taste in picking his ... urm, pretty girls to be the female leads.

so have faith, brother :p

EDIT
BTW does anybody know if this is showing in Vancouver right now?

Mairu

I can't wait to see it! I loved Shaolin Soccer and have seen a few other Stephen Chow movies (God of Cookery, From Beijing with Love) and loved them all.

Timbuktu

It's a bit different from his previous films in that Chow himself gets less screentime and the female 'lead' is a mute so she doesn't get any lines. Instead, Chow shares the limelight with some legendary gongfu screen stars like Leung Siu Lung, Yuen Qiu and Yuen Wah (the landlady and the landlord) and they're absolutely brilliant. It's a better tribute film to Hong Kong Kung Fu than Kill Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom