• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Igarashi would be 'Incredible honored' to work on a Metroid game

TunaLover

Igarashi said:
Nintendo is very careful about protecting their IPs and making any changes to their games. Around the time that I was proving that I could do multiple titles and do them well, Nintendo had shifted to Metroid Prime and they were having success turning their 2D games into 3D. So they probably decided from that point on that Metroid was going to be a 3D game series, and by that rationale, my style of games didn’t really fit their criteria. That would be my guess. I would be incredibly honored.

That would awesome.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'd play it. SotN/Aria of Sorrow were some of the best Metroid games out there.

Castef

Banned
giphy.gif

The Boat

Would be cool but Castlevania's level design doesn't hold a candle to Metroid. Still, heading the right team, could be great.

Opa-Pa

No thanks. I love Castlevania and the Igavania games especially, they obviously take cues from Metroid and helped create a whole new genre thanks to it, but intricate level design and focused, well-thought gameplay are things that Metroid games NEED to excel at and Igavania isn't very good at.

Then again, if such a partnership is what gets to revive Metroid and get a decent at best game again, so be it, I guess.

Top Bottom