• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games release within the first 6 months of Switch 2?

Lots of rumors swirling these last few weeks about Switch 2 launch window. Metroid, Donkey Kong, Mario, Yakuza, Street Fighter, etc.

Simply, name a few games you think that will make Switch 2’s first 6 months. 1st and/or 3rd party.

**I realize that if the Nintendo Switch 2 is not Backwards Compatible, this will change.***.

Here are mine for the first 6 months (approximately).

1st Party:

Metroid Prime 4 (it will not be called MP4)
3D Mario or Mario Kart X (not both)
Paper Mario TTYD (dual release) (60 fps + Luigi content)
Smash Melee HD
Tomadachi Life
Casual Nintendo IP (Card games, or Nintendo Land type game)

2nd Party:

Xenoblade Warriors
Star Wars Rogue Squadron HD (Crytek)

3rd Party:

COD
Madden/ EA FC/ NBA 2k
Mass Effect Legendary edition
Red Dead 2
Persona 3R
Resident Evil 4R
FFVIIR part 1

Fist of the North Star
SMT V “Royale” edition
Hello kitty island adventure
Tekken
Party Animals
Honkai Star Rail
Fortnite

These are a few that come to my mind. What are you thinking For the “launch window” (first 6 months) of Nintendo Switch 2?

bender

What time is it?
I think they'll have Mario Kart ready to go at launch. It will be interesting to see what the BC situation is and if they'll offer upgrades.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
LlCx3nv.jpg

The dichotomy of man.

Final Fantasy Remake
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 4 remake
Mario Odyssey 2
Cyberpunk 2077
The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time remake
New Animal Crossing
GTA5
A bunch of Sonic games
Cooking mama collection
Cabella’s Deer Hunter
All the NSO games continue working on Switch 2.

Robb

Gold Member
Mario Kart 9 is the only thing I’m sure of. I think they have it ready to go as we speak.

Metroid Prime 4, new game from Monolith Soft and Splatoon 4 sounds plausible as well.

As for 3rd party I’m not sure, could be anything. I’ll guess Monster Hunter World 2 and Elden Ring.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Prey 2, hopefully. It's been twelve years since they showed off gameplay, I think the Switch 2 should be able to handle it.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'm thinking Metroid Prime 4 and new 3D Mario are somewhat safe bets.

If, and only if, the Switch 2 is a real thing to begin with. There is a lot of speculation, I'm not taking any of it at face value.

BlackTron

Wait what makes you say Star Wars Rogue Squadron? Is this complete fan fiction or is there some rumor I don't know about?

Edit: Just googled it myself, I would kill for another RS game it's one of my favorites of all time, though the dream is for Factor 5 to do it

Last edited:

BlackTron

I'm thinking Metroid Prime 4 and new 3D Mario are somewhat safe bets.

If, and only if, the Switch 2 is a real thing to begin with. There is a lot of speculation, I'm not taking any of it at face value.
You mean there might be no successor to Switch, and they will just keep this system forever? Do we even need a rumor to draw a conclusion that there will be a new hardware, with new games?

Rickyiez

I'm glad that none of you are in Nintendo . Most of you all like to talk shit how games are remakes , lack of creativity nowadays bla bla bla . But when its up for suggestion , all I see are existing titles

First Party

Mario (3D Open World)
Metroid Prime 4
Mario Kart 9
Xenoblade Chronicles 4/ X Port

Third Party

Baldur's Gate III
Call of Duty
Dark Souls Trilogy
Devil May Cry 5
Elden Ring
Final Fantasy VII Remake/Rebirth + Yuffie DLC
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
Final Fantasy XVI
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Grand Theft Auto 5
Hogwart Legacy
Kena
Mass Effect Trilogy
Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain
Nier Replicant
One Piece Odyssey
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil Village
Scarlet Nexus
Star Ocean 4
Star Ocean 5
Star Ocean 6
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order/Survivor
Street Fighter 5
Street Fighter 6
Tales of Arise + DLC
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Trilogy (Reboot)
The Witcher Trilogy
Persona 3 Reload
Yakuza Games

And lot more Third Party support from Japanese and Western Developers

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
Lots of rumors swirling these last few weeks about Switch 2 launch window. Metroid, Donkey Kong, Mario, Yakuza, Street Fighter, etc.

Simply, name a few games you think that will make Switch 2’s first 6 months. 1st and/or 3rd party.

**I realize that if the Nintendo Switch 2 is not Backwards Compatible, this will change.***.

Here are mine for the first 6 months (approximately).

1st Party:

Metroid Prime 4 (it will not be called MP4)
3D Mario or Mario Kart X (not both)
Paper Mario TTYD (dual release) (60 fps + Luigi content)
Smash Melee HD
Tomadachi Life
Casual Nintendo IP (Card games, or Nintendo Land type game)

2nd Party:

Xenoblade Warriors
Star Wars Rogue Squadron HD (Crytek)

3rd Party:

COD
Madden/ EA FC/ NBA 2k
Mass Effect Legendary edition
Red Dead 2
Persona 3R
Resident Evil 4R
FFVIIR part 1

Fist of the North Star
SMT V “Royale” edition
Hello kitty island adventure
Tekken
Party Animals
Honkai Star Rail
Fortnite

These are a few that come to my mind. What are you thinking For the “launch window” (first 6 months) of Nintendo Switch 2?
Here's one I made a few days ago:

UnNamed

Banned
A game to show new gimmicks like 1-2 switch
Mario Kart
Fast RMX2 From Shin'en
Metroid
Xenoblade X crossgen
Fifa not Legacy anymore
A game from Microsft GS like Skyrim Even More Special Ed.
GTA Remaster
Need for speed

Rickyiez

Mike Yard K GIF by The Nightly Show

You expect people to guess games that don’t exist yet and just make up random titles?
Yea why not . Probably think of some game concepts like FPS Mario , Turn based RPG Metroid , Space Mario Kart , Souls-like Luigi game and so on ..

Instead of boring shit like re-releasing existing games , which is the most dull suggestion ever . Ironically these are the same people who complained about remakes and remasters , as well as pushing the narrative creativity is dead .

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I just want it to release already, take whatever I can get. Definately need upgrades for botw and tears.

Robb

Gold Member
FPS Mario , Turn based RPG Metroid , Space Mario Kart , Souls-like Luigi game and so on
And you think any of these will release? Let alone release within the first 6 months of the “Switch 2”?

I’d think the point of this entire exercise is to try to be right to some extent.. But sure, I’m looking forward to Silver Prince: A New Beginning.

Yea why not . Probably think of some game concepts like FPS Mario , Turn based RPG Metroid , Space Mario Kart , Souls-like Luigi game and so on ..

Instead of boring shit like re-releasing existing games , which is the most dull suggestion ever . Ironically these are the same people who complained about remakes and remasters , as well as pushing the narrative creativity is dead .
Read the OP.

It’s what games do you think will come to the Switch successor in the first 6 months, not what games do we want.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
It pains me to say with my heart but it is necessary to bring the new Nintendo console, although I will probably buy it 6 months or 1 year after its release.

I just wish that Nintendo analyzes and has more power than what was shown with the iPhone 15 pro, that it is more powerful than the mobile... If not, it would be a bad omen for the future of the console.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
-Smash Bros Ultimate Collection - Switch Port with all DLC
-Borderlands Collection
- Some gimmick game to make use of some new feature
- Assassin’s Creed whatever the new one is
- Donkey Kong 3D platformer
- Splatoon 4 (launch window)
- Saints Row
- Dead Space Remake
Some other third party ports

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
You mean there might be no successor to Switch, and they will just keep this system forever? Do we even need a rumor to draw a conclusion that there will be a new hardware, with new games?
I meant to say the rumors being true. In my opinion we don't know what it's gonna be yet. What if it is something completely different from the Switch? What if it's not a Switch 2? We don't know..

Last edited:

nbkicker

I think it will depend if the switch 2 is backwards compatible or not, if it isnt i can see mario kart, splatoon and other online games being priority as if people trade in there switchs for then next gen version they not gonna pay ninteno online for a yr if there is no online games on it

BlackTron

I meant to say the rumors being true. In my opinion we don't know what it's gonna be yet. What if it is something completely different from the Switch? What if it's not a Switch 2? We don't know..

I could see this mentality being applied to, say, predicting Wii's successor would have Red Steel 3, but only if it's Wii 2

But when your prediction is a new 3D Mario game and a Metroid title in development since time began...I find it hard to believe that these types of games would be less likely if the rumors of Switch 2 are not true

Top Bottom